Is it worth it?

gorgoroth

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Well ive decided to get myself to 99STR now. About 3.5mil away from it and it should not take me long. Since i dont yet have a Dragon Scimitar im just using a Dragon Longsword. Should i get a Dragon Scimitar though? Should i do Monkey Madness? Will a rune scimitar get me that final EXP so much faster than a Longsword? Ill probably never use a Dragon Scimitar ever again after 99STR. Im not really bothered about using a Longsword but if a Scimitar will speed things up by atleast 10hours then i will get it.

What do you guys think?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Off course it is worth it, (although u should have done it 5m xp back) because the quest is not that hard, and will give you also 120k cb xp (35k which u can put on str).

And when u do MM, u might better go on and do RFD as well

and sara sword will do the trick as well

Faster Weapon=Faster hits=Faster xp

So yes, i'd say it's worth it.

Well look at it this way. While doing the quest im loosing out on atleast 400k Exp of training. Will that exp lost be made up by the speed of the scimi? And besides that, ill be doing a 6hour quest for just 3.5mil exp. ill never use it after that again...

Why not just borrow or buy a saradomin sword?

coz im poor. even more poor than a hobo :(

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Not to burst anyone,s bubble but the DDS will get you more xp per hour than the d long. That has been tested on dagganoths, a somewhat medium monster in terms of defence. As to the original question, you would need the xp rates of both weapons and an approximate time to complete the quest. Just do the math when you get those. I did my 99 str using the whip on controlled and using DDS spec to boost my str xp rates. Not the fastest way to get 99 str, but faster kills and faster drops.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Not to burst anyone,s bubble but the DDS will get you more xp per hour than the d long. That has been tested on dagganoths, a somewhat medium monster in terms of defence. As to the original question, you would need the xp rates of both weapons and an approximate time to complete the quest. Just do the math when you get those. I did my 99 str using the whip on controlled and using DDS spec to boost my str xp rates. Not the fastest way to get 99 str, but faster kills and faster drops.

I never knew a whip can give STR exp too... BTW, will a dds get me to 99str faster than a d long? i might just do that then....

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Faster Weapon=Faster hits=Faster xp

So yes, i'd say it's worth it.

Well look at it this way. While doing the quest im loosing out on atleast 400k Exp of training. Will that exp lost be made up by the speed of the scimi? And besides that, ill be doing a 6hour quest for just 3.5mil exp. ill never use it after that again...

Why not just borrow or buy a saradomin sword?

coz im poor. even more poor than a hobo :(

you could borrow it from a freind or pay per hour, it's not that bad.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I never knew a whip can give STR exp too... BTW, will a dds get me to 99str faster than a d long? i might just do that then....

yeah, on controlled (shared xp)

Might take a bit toooo long... Im going for 99STR using dds :)

I might be the first noob to ever do it.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Well whip on controlled...gives 1/3 the xp on str. DDs is around 10% faster than D long (44k xp per hour compared to 40k when I tested it like 2 years ago).

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Might take a bit toooo long... Im going for 99STR using dds :)

I might be the first noob to ever do it.

lol, good luck

just dont get mad when somebody puts u on a certain wall ;)

On a certain wall? Meaning?

And btw if a DDs is faster than a Long, then it might only e a fraction slower than a scimi if not the same. I think ill just stick with dds then... with or without being sticked on a wallll.... :?:

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

On a certain wall? Meaning?

And btw if a DDs is faster than a Long, then it might only e a fraction slower than a scimi if not the same. I think ill just stick with dds then... with or without being sticked on a wallll.... :?:

Dont worry,

The wall of Noobism, Just a thingy on an other forum i visit. People there post screenshots of players not using the absolute best gear available.

When i typed it i kinda forgot that not everybody here knew what it ment. (spending to much time on the other forum)

Awesome. Ill be famous. Ill be known as the "99STR DDS NOOB"

Ill make it my own brand name... Make shirts and hats :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Well whip on controlled...gives 1/3 the xp on str. DDs is around 10% faster than D long (44k xp per hour compared to 40k when I tested it like 2 years ago).

Well i ended up using Whip on Controlled. It is the best option since i want to get my DEF and ATK up anyway. By the time i get 99STR ill have round about 94ATK and 92DEF, so ill be very close to my goals :)

DDS is a bit slow at only 45-50k exp a hour.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

It's the best option in my opinion. Don't forget to spec DDS for added str xp. You'll get kills faster than scimmy, global xp faster too. You won't get 99 str faster, but if your ultimate goal is to max out melee, might as well do it with the more faster way.

langerkiller.png

But now i cant wall u anymore ;)

and you wont be famous

Anyways, whip really is not bad at all. And u can have the pleasure of lvling all three skills at once (or wthin 5 minutes of each other what happened to me on 96 att, 94 str & def

good luck