No Subject

i_love_burritos

You need to stop playing. I don't mean cutting back, reducing, limiting hours etc., I mean STOP. Your at an important time in life, don't waste it on an online game. Block the RS website in every way you can, change your password to random letters and numbers and give it to your parents on a slip of paper after canceling your recovery questions with orders not to let you have it until the end of the school year.

Seriously. It'll be hard at first, but pretty soon you won't even miss it. When your bored you can start to play it a bit eventually, but don't let it suck you in again.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Force yourself to find activities outside of the computer/internet that spark your interest. Try going out with friends, playing sports, getting involved in art, reading.. anything that will spark your interest. Hopefully if you find something that you enjoy maybe even more than RuneScape.. but at least enjoy enough to keep your mind off of it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Force yourself to find activities outside of the computer/internet that spark your interest. Try going out with friends, playing sports, getting involved in art, reading.. anything that will spark your interest. Hopefully if you find something that you enjoy maybe even more than RuneScape.. but at least enjoy enough to keep your mind off of it.

I'm not sure that's the best idea. The key is to quit, but on a boring note - if you have a great time with friend PKing or something then quit the next day, you'll keep thinking of how fun it is and how much you want to do that again. If you do something really boring, say, grind fletching for 10 hours, waste the day, feel like you didn't accomplish anything, and THEN quit, you won't even miss the game.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I'm not sure that's the best idea. The key is to quit, but on a boring note - if you have a great time with friend PKing or something then quit the next day, you'll keep thinking of how fun it is and how much you want to do that again. If you do something really boring, say, grind fletching for 10 hours, waste the day, feel like you didn't accomplish anything, and THEN quit, you won't even miss the game.

Its not the smartest move or easy for that matter to quit an addiction all at once. Try to reduce your time a bit each day.

So what does my idea have to do with that? I'm not suggesting that he has a great time on RuneScape and then try to quit. I'm suggesting that he find fun things to do outside of RuneScape, the internet, and the computer that will help him quit the game. And I agree with Dullmage that it's not easy to just quit all at once. I mean it's one thing if you're addicted to a drug and you get put in rehab and physically can't get anymore of the drug. But I don't expect someone to be able to quit RuneScape cold turkey when they're this addicted and can easily start playing again whenever they want.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Its not the smartest move or easy for that matter to quit an addiction all at once. Try to reduce your time a bit each day.

Runescape definetely isn't a drug, or something you get addicted to. It's really easy to quit if you try, but if you half [wagon] it (lack of better words :XD: ) I find it a lot harder to quit. Just quit playing, it's not as hard as most think.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Okay let me get psychological with you. Any addiction is like an illness. Nothing can cure it in a day. Only way to cure and illness is by taking medicine. Your medicine against runescape would not be quiting, because that wont very easily happen. What you need to do is to go out more, get a girlfriend if you dont have one. Now that might have sounded like an insult but its not. When i got a girlfriend i cut down on RS so much, days went past without me even thinking of it.

Cutting down will also help. Start playing less and less every week. Soon enough you will have cut your playing time down to 1hour a day, and thats perfectly normal rate. If you really WANT to quit there is always the selution of making the game uninterresting for yourself. dump EVERYTHING you have in your bank. This way you will have nothing. You will have to start over. It will be so boring you WILL quit.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

My brother got a girlfriend and he didn't play less...

I'd like to note again, you can't be addicted to Runescape... if you were...

It certainly is possible to become addicted to RuneScape. If you want to quit but find that you can't quit, sort of like the OP here, that's part of addiction. And not everyone is your brother ;) I'm sure some people would play less if they got a girlfriend.

Posted Image

My brother got a girlfriend and he didn't play less...

I'd like to note again, you can't be addicted to Runescape... if you were...

Dont be stupid. You can be addicted to ANYTHING.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

It is true that a majority will probably play less, but if you enjoy the game enough to call it an adiction, it most likely won't affect you as largely as it does others.

I find the word addicted used far too much on the internet... it truely did lose it's real meaning.

I sense sarcasm.

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

It is true that a majority will probably play less, but if you enjoy the game enough to call it an adiction, it most likely won't affect you as largely as it does others.

I find the word addicted used far too much on the internet... it truely did lose it's real meaning.

I sense sarcasm.

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

PHAILLLL

I study Psychology. I should know about addiction. You can be addicted to anything.

Anyway, there is no cure for such an addiction. only thing you can do is not think about it. I know its hard. I was addicted to RS i the beginning of 2008. Might not sound very logic but you are only addicted because subconsciously you feel like something in your life is missing. Mabe you lack friendship, that i cant say. You really need a distraction. Sport is a good option. But something really super competitive.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I study Psychology. I should know about addiction. You can be addicted to anything.

Anyway, there is no cure for such an addiction. only thing you can do is not think about it. I know its hard. I was addicted to RS i the beginning of 2008. Might not sound very logic but you are only addicted because subconsciously you feel like something in your life is missing I think thats it, Im kinda labeled as a zonk, antisocial, weirdo, outsider, (quack), massicist<- That one isnt true..I only have about 2 or 3 close friends.. I dont know why. . Mabe you lack friendship, that i cant say. You really need a distraction. Sport is a good option. But something really super competitive.

Anyway, there is no cure for such an addiction. only thing you can do is not think about it. I know its hard. I was addicted to RS i the beginning of 2008. Might not sound very logic but you are only addicted because subconsciously you feel like something in your life is missing I think thats it, Im kinda labeled as a zonk, antisocial, weirdo, outsider, (quack), massicist<- That one isnt true..I only have about 2 or 3 close friends.. I dont know why. . Mabe you lack friendship, that i cant say. You really need a distraction. Sport is a good option. But something really super competitive.

Trust me, last thing i would do is label you. But that is often a time the reason for people to get addicted to a game like this. You need do have mental toughness to break the habbit of something. Do the 21days rule. Dont play RS for 21 days. 21days is the considderd rate for habbits to grow. if you are able to not play for 21 days, then from there on it will get only easier.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Make your account f2p and keep playing.

Yes very good. Making yourself F2P will limit your options, making the game uninteresting. Eventually you will loose total interest.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

If you have a subscription then Cancel it right away. F2p is alot less tempting and that's what I usually do like a month before finals and other important times. You'll miss it for like half a day, then you'll forget about it all. This same thing happened to me, and ending my subscription got me back on the right path. It's silly to think that you will be able to stop yourself from playing games completely. What's important is that you plan out your time. Finish all your work with at least 1 hour at night for computer / Xbox or whatever.

If you aren't a member, all I can suggest is take a break for a month, without logging in for any reason whatsoever.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

smash your computer! & don't think about goin' to the library either or any of your friends house! jk jk jk ! but idk i was on that phaze of my life... if you really think about it... ask yourself which is more important? something that's not real or something that is real? don't let a computer game miss your out on some oppotunities in life especially in what you are having... study & you won't regret it.

i say let your parents pick a new password. that way, you can only play after you finish colledge.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]