Slayer Gear And Accessories...

UnknownRemoval

After some talks with some people, we agreed that I should try to raise my slayer level from the low 60, to the decent 85, and maybe higher. I have started buying equipment to start this and was wondering if there was anything else I missed.

•  
    I do not yet have 68 Summoning, I shall get it later. (60 Summoning/60 Prayer)

Monster Required Items are not shown, I will buy them if needed.

My bank is empty apart from this, I only have that cash left.

2hs2qzm.png

Added:

30 More Prayer Potions (now at 50)

Snakeskin Boots

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Apart from doing smoking kills and getting a slayer helmet, its great. Maybe get some more prayer potions, but u will get the ranarrs for them from some tasks.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Though I don't have high slayer, I think that would be fine, though if you've done Smoking Kills, use the reward points to get slayer helm as it is MUCH more helpful than a normal black mask.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Yeah, those potions were just to start off with, i'll buy a few more prayer/ranged just now.

Also, would getting a cannon be worth it, or spending 2M or so getting 68 summoning?

And, I have done Smoking Kills, getting points for helm soon.

Yes 68 summoning for a bunyip is worth it. Its great for all task. And if you can afford the cannon get it, but there are few and far between tasks that you can use it on. But if you have to chose, get 68 summoning first. You don't really need a cannon, its more of a convience then a necessity.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

Don't waste money on a cannon. It is a money sink and only can be used on 2 or 3 tasks tops. Which would even then not provide enough monetary return for continued use of the cannon.

2.6m should be plenty to get 68 summoning from 60 with.

Also, if you can, sell that regen bracelet for a Fury and sell that Guthix D hide. The tasks you will be ranging, 1 or 2 IF any, you could do equally fine with black d hide. Blessed hide provides nothing other than fancy color for the same bonuses with increased cost.

You probably won't need the super defences. At all really. I take it you are using Summona as your slayer master (seeing as you are 99 combat without summoning and don't yet have a Bunyip) you should probably stick with her until you get a bunyip. Once you get a Bunny move up to Duradel. Both of their tasks I find no reason to have any defence bonus aside from the armor I am using Karils or Guthans. So maxing my offence is what I look to do. I do have 99 defence, you don't, but I think it's generally the same, you won't need the defence boost from super defence pots, so you should be fine with your Torags or Karils (dependent on the task)

The tasks I blocked were Iron and Steel Dragons (just take to long) Skeletal Wyverns (not a fan) and Waterfiends (Great task!, but I'm not interested in Str exp) This is just to give you an idea of some rather popular blocked tasks. Usually Metal drags are on a lot of peoples block list, they just get to darn tedious.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Block steels, with your stats you could kill irons using a whip and praying, or even range them if you fancy. But you would need more prayer potions and anti-fire potions. About the only way to break even is if u collect the bones and sell, or get a very good drop. I also have Hellhounds blocked, so much of a pain to kill and are crowded most of the time.

GWD:

Block Iron Dragons, Hellhounds, Greater Demon *until you get 127+ combat* and something of your choice.

Steel dragons are worth doing, Irons aren't.

Takes longer to kill the steel dragons, therefore costing more prayer potions and anti-fire potions. Iron drags are easuer, therefore taking less time to kill and less potions.

Now please tell me how steels are worth it and irons arent.

GWD:

Block Iron Dragons, Hellhounds, Greater Demon *until you get 127+ combat* and something of your choice.

Steel dragons are worth doing, Irons aren't.

Takes longer to kill the steel dragons, therefore costing more prayer potions and anti-fire potions. Iron drags are easuer, therefore taking less time to kill and less potions.

Now please tell me how steels are worth it and irons arent.

I think he means you're more likely to get a drop from steels.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

:shock:

1) I have the Guthix d'hide because it is damn near impossible to get the coif by itself.

2) I plan to block irons, steels, wyverns and waterfiends. (maybe change when I get higher stats.

3) Super Defense I will keep as I find them worthwhile.

And just now I shall find the best way to get 68 summoning with what I have and aim to get it today.

Ya but in all seriousness, its really rare to get a decent drop from any of the metal dragons. The visage i got came from an iron dragon and the only good item i got from a steel was a dragon med helm. The best thing would be stick to the easier monster to kill in this case, and just sell what you know you will get, also bringing a BoB familiar will help you carry all of those awesome dragon bones.

And to help with your setup a fury would be nice, and maybe work on getting a salve ammy (e) for those spectre tasks since you don't have the slayer mask and need to use a nose plug.

Edit: Okay its really up to you what to block. But once u do get better stats keep steels blocked lol.

GWD:

Also to help pay for Slayer - do MTK, get sand from Bert, buy pineapples and seaweed from Catherby, buy battlestaves from Varrock each and everyday. Also consider doing a herb round between every 1-2 slayer tasks. A good (inward) cash flow is important, especially if you start using a cannon.

Also get some slayer rings for faster travel, and also try and get the Karamja gloves 3 if you're using Duradel/Lapalok.

Teatonev.png

Teatonev.png

You don't need a cannon like i said its not needed, i knwo someone who has 53m slayer exp, and she never used a cannon in any of her tasks. What you're doing right now is great, stick to it and don't worry about the cannon.

GWD: