Mac Vs. PC...What should I do???

Rahila

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC's have more software for whatever it is that you use your computer for. And wether people like it or not, Windows is still the standard OS for businesses and most schools. On the other hand, Macintoshes are pretty and can dual boot, but it comes at a high price. If you are going to use Windows, though, there is no point to put it on a Mac, as you will be making it a PC which you could buy for ~$600 less.

im getting my computer this weekend or the next, and right now i'd say im 90% towards a mac, 10% towards a pc, any last arguments to get me to change my mind before i get one?

or any support for that choice?

Since you were pretty much convinced you were going to buy a Mac before even starting this thread there's no point and even stating arguments to change your mind.

goldenblade995.png

Also, if I was going to switch to a Mac, this would be another reason. I have yet to see any Windows equivalent. iWeb and iPhoto would be great for me.

A Windows equivalent? Don't look for a Windows equivalent, look for a Linux equivalent, and just download a Windows port. And to be honest, iWeb sucks. It only renders correctly in Safari, from what I've heard. (If you're wondering from who/where, it was my uncle who told me that, a big advocate of Mac OS X and programmer) And if you know what you're doing with GIMP you can do far, far more than iPhoto. People are so reluctant to learn anything these days.

C2b6gs7.png

Also, if I was going to switch to a Mac, this would be another reason. I have yet to see any Windows equivalent. iWeb and iPhoto would be great for me.

A Windows equivalent? Don't look for a Windows equivalent, look for a Linux equivalent, and just download a Windows port. And to be honest, iWeb sucks. It only renders correctly in Safari, from what I've heard. (If you're wondering from who/where, it was my uncle who told me that, a big advocate of Mac OS X and programmer) And if you know what you're doing with GIMP you can do far, far more than iPhoto. People are so reluctant to learn anything these days.

Well, the main point of buying one is that I don't. Making my own or using another 3rd party application to organize my photos using facial recognition would be tedious. I mean, I'm all for using cheaper software but using something like GIMP or photoshop is more technical than I want to go. I see that there are horror stories of using iWeb with IE, but it works with Firefox. I didn't compare to Linux either as that's not always a feasible option. For example, there are no Linux drivers for my wireless adapter, and I'm not going to kill myself looking for one.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

im getting my computer this weekend or the next, and right now i'd say im 90% towards a mac, 10% towards a pc, any last arguments to get me to change my mind before i get one?

Technically a mac is a pc too, so you're 100% going for a pc :P

Mac - Good for media editing and presenting. Saves money on electricity.

Windows - Good for gaming and general use.

I have worked with both types of systems. A lot of bands use Mac with the software ProPresenter.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Mac - Good for media editing and presenting. Saves money on electricity.

Windows - Good for gaming and general use.

I have worked with both types of systems. A lot of bands use Mac with the software ProPresenter.

Mac really isn't that much better for presenting\editing. The CS4 suite covers most common editing needs, and PowerPoint 07 + Ovation is great for presenting.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks