Am i doing it Wrong?

gorgoroth

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Well i hear everyone say that Aviansies are one of the best ways to make money in P2P. Eventhough i agree with this i cant agree with the figures i was given. I was told that i would be able to get about 40K EXP and 400K money per hour. I only get 25K EXP and 250K money a hour. Im assuming that the figures i was given might have been a bit exagurated, but i presume 35K EXP and 350K money a hour might me achievable. What setup/inventory would i need to maximize my Profit and EXP?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Whats your current setup?

Which method are you using (prayer or tank)?

Full stats?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well my current setup is:

Armadyl Pendant

Black D'hide Body

Black D'hide Chaps

Arhcers Helm

Sara Bracers

Unholy Book

Accumulator

Ring Of Wealth

Climbing Boots

Mithril Arrows

86Def

86Ranged

Using the TANK method.

I know this is a really bad setup but even when i switched to:

Torag's Helm

Torag's Legs

Zammy D'hide body

Sara Bracers

Unholy Book

Armadyl Pendant

Snakeskin Boots

Ring Of Wealth

Mithril Bolts

Accumulator

My outcome was the same.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Most people use broad bolts as they are about level with addy bolts (damage wise), but costs less the mith.

Try replacing unholy book with granite shield (you'll spend less time hunting for food/bones).

Where abouts are you tanking?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just on the north side of the crossing to the Armadyl God. Near the "large geyser".

I though having a better ranged bonus would mean faster kills which would mean faster exp/money.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I tried the tanking method in the armadyl area. Got 850k during a 2h30 trip, meaning a 340k average per hour. I got around same KC and noted bars so I was in the average addy bars drop. This was done at 99 ranged and wearing near max ranged bonus (I was using wealth - not archer ring). I do believe you can get more cash per hour than 340k, but getting 400k per hour below 99 ranged consistantly is probably out of the question. Just my 2 cents or maybe I'm unlucky...like a lot of players.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I tried the tanking method in the armadyl area. Got 850k during a 2h30 trip, meaning a 340k average per hour. I got around same KC and noted bars so I was in the average addy bars drop. This was done at 99 ranged and wearing near max ranged bonus (I was using wealth - not archer ring). I do believe you can get more cash per hour than 340k, but getting 400k per hour below 99 ranged consistantly is probably out of the question. Just my 2 cents or maybe I'm unlucky...like a lot of players.

What weapon were you using? I've heard alot of people saying its better to use Addy/Rune knives if you are looking for Fast EXP/CASH but then again you have to spend more to make more. Im probably making as much money per hour as i can. Ill just wait till i can buy Armadyl and see if it makes any changes.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

What weapon were you using? I've heard alot of people saying its better to use Addy/Rune knives if you are looking for Fast EXP/CASH but then again you have to spend more to make more. Im probably making as much money per hour as i can. Ill just wait till i can buy Armadyl and see if it makes any changes.

Well, I can gurantee it won't make much difference.

Even though Armadyl is clearly better, it's not to such extent that it would change your cash/hour by anything noticable...

if i remember right i used mith knives.

What would i hit with 90ranged using mith knives?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

One of the best setups would be:

Armadyl helm

Zamorak dragonhide body

Amulet of fury

Torags legs

dragon sq. You are better off using DFS>Granite/Obby shield!

broad bolts

Sara dragonide vambraces

Accumalator

ranger boots

and a ring of life If you have decent def and all god items you won't die :thumbsup: , take archer instead

5efw5y.png

Dutchy angel2w.gif

was using rune c-bow with broad bolts and I used about 350 in those 150 minutes. I'm not sure you'd get insanely more kills using rune or addy knives to compensate the added cost.

My set-up was : armadyl : helm, body and legs,

fury

rune c-bow and broad bolts

ava's accumulator

ranger boots

ring of wealth

RFD gloves

Sure I eat more, but at 99 def, 99 ranged, with a bunyip, loaded with baskets of strawberries and bones to peaches tablets, I stayed there for 3 (4-doses) ranging potion potted when I got back to 99 ranged.

I'm pretty sure that most people saying they get 400K+ per hour at aviansies are not counting the cost (bolts, knives or arrows, BTP tablets, potions, alch runes, summon pouches and extra food).

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

One of the best setups would be:

Armadyl helm

Zamorak dragonhide body

Amulet of fury

Torags legs - I'd bring saradomin chaps

dragon sq. You are better off using DFS>Granite/Obby shield! - Spirit shield has no negative range bonus

broad bolts

Sara dragonide vambraces - barrows gloves would be better if you bring sara chaps

Accumalator

ranger boots

and a ring of life If you have decent def and all god items you won't die :thumbsup: , take archer instead - archer ring, yes

If you bring the setup with the changes I mentioned, you'll have 185 range bonus and 170 range defence, which should be enough if you bring excalibur for the defence boost.

I think the only good option of improving you xp beyond this is switching to knives or something.

2dvjurb.png

Your setup seems ok. I think maybe you should try to be more focused, that would help you get more kills/hour.

Well i get about 80kills per hour. thats a decent rate isnt it?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

stop using sara items, you don't need them in the erie so its really a waste of cash...

Actually, were i range i need them more than anything else. Im surrounded by Spiritual mages/warrioirs/rangers.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

stop using sara items, you don't need them in the erie so its really a waste of cash...

Actually, were i range i need them more than anything else. Im surrounded by Spiritual mages/warrioirs/rangers.

not all spiritual monsters are saradomin followers. the ones in the erie are zamorak(red ones) or armadyl (flying ones) followers.

ragingnewb.png

not all spiritual monsters are saradomin followers. the ones in the erie are zamorak(red ones) or armadyl (flying ones) followers.

Im not in/at the "erie". im on the other side of it.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

that may be the reason why you only get 80 aviansie/hour, the erie is normally less crowded...

ragingnewb.png

that may be the reason why you only get 80 aviansie/hour, the erie is normally less crowded...

Well i do AFK alot. But if its going to kick my KC up to 100kills a hour, i might just go to the erie next time. There are lower level aviansies there too right?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

lowest are 71(not sure about it) in the erie, also couple of 73's and 79's which won't hit you to much either...

Yeah its the 80's+ that hit alot. Should i take a few ranged pots along?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

These days it's impossible to find an empty world in the center area. Go to the Eyrie.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: