Pietying on tasks...

pinguimmaiden

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

You cannot piety and profit, unless you get lucky at some places like mith dragons (wish should at least be flash pietied. Always).

If you want to flash piety, then it's basically any melee task. Black demons will no longer hit high and guthans/bunyip should suffice for healing, so don't waste prayer pots on using melee protect aswell.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

It has little to to do with how much the task earns, as most slayer tasks don't offer a large profit - it depends on how much XP you get from the task (and thusly, how much extra XP piety will get you). I don't have the exact figures to run calculations, but it hinges on how much money you can make; I believe that using the standard Avansie numbers outputs it to Bloodvields\Abyssal Demons\Spiritual Mages being worth it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Piety requires 70 prayer right..

It drains around 1 point every 8 seconds with ~+8 pray bonus?

Piety drains 2 points per 3 seconds with 0 prayer bonus. Each prayer bonus boosts the time per drain by 3.3333333%. So 2/3 X (.03333333 X 8) = 0.177776 extra seconds\point plus the original 2/3 = .6667 seconds\point drain = 0.8445 seconds per point, 1 / .8445 = 1.184 points per second.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I think the question of when to use piety should not hinge on the profitability of the task, but the amount of time it saves.

Piety speeds up non-cannon tasks by about 25%, so you 'gain' 15 minutes every hour. Since the additional prayer potions will cost about 80K/hr (depends on prayer level and bonus of course), if you can make in excess of 320K/hr you should piety. This assumes that moneymaking is a worthless activity, which is usually not the case, since for example RCing gives you xp. The less worthless the moneymaking activity is, the lower the income threshold for which using piety becomes worthwhile.

For major cannon tasks like bloodvelds and dagannoths, you get only about 50% of the xp from meleeing. This means that piety will only speed up your slaying by some 12.5%, so if you can make 640K/hr or above you should use it.

Hegel.png

Then chivalry is better

\'

Chivalry is precisely the same drain rate (2 points\3 seconds) for much less of a stat boost. How is it better? :-#

Oh, is it an inefficiency club thing? :-X

DeviledEgg24.png

Piety drains 2 points per 3 seconds with 0 prayer bonus. Each prayer bonus boosts the time per drain by 3.3333333%. So 2/3 X (.03333333 X 8) = 0.177776 extra seconds\point plus the original 2/3 = .6667 seconds\point drain = 0.8445 seconds per point, 1 / .8445 = 1.184 points per second.

Nice calc ;)

I did iron dragons with piety and profited 10k + i did task super fast!

Thats why i want to know which are worth to piety...

EDIT: I don't cannon...I want attack xp, not slayer.

pinguim0310.png

Nice calc ;)

I did iron dragons with piety and profited 10k + i did task super fast!

Thats why i want to know which are worth to piety...

EDIT: I don't cannon...I want attack xp, not slayer.

All you need to do is learn to piety flash, but the profit\loss from a task doesn't have much to do with piety being worth it. What's your best money making method (I didn't want to have to run the calcs tonight, now your forcing me :x )?

DeviledEgg24.png

Himm. That page is listing piety as 1 point per 3 seconds drain, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Prayer is listing it as 2 points per 3 seconds. We have conflicting information, folks. Hang on, I'll test this in game.

DeviledEgg24.png

Update: Test performed. Results (with 0 pray bonus):

30 prayer points drained in 46 seconds, with a timer accurate to +\- 1 second (doesn't take anything too accurate here :P ). 1 point per 1.53 seconds, or 2 per 3.06 - a variance easily allowable in our give or take 1 second timer.

Conclusion: Piety is 2 points every 3 seconds, Rune Wiki is correct, RuneHQ has their numbers wrong (by a factor of 2, no less :? ), my calculations are verified ::'

DeviledEgg24.png

If you want xp dont slay.

@Comp, either your calc is wrong or chivalry doesnt drain that speed. With 8 prayer bonus it drained slightly less than 1 p/3 seconds.

Tested chivalry with a +8 prayer bonus.

80 points drained in 94 seconds, for 1.175 seconds per point \ .85 points per second, which isn't in line with my calculated values. So I tested it again, with 0 prayer bonus.

Results:

50 points in 49 seconds, for roughly 1 second per point, or 2 seconds per 2 points, a 1/3rd slower drain then piety, indicating that the wiki numbers for Chivalry were wrong. However, piety offers roughly 1/5th higher bonus in every stat over chivalry, showing that for virtually all situations where chivalry is worth using piety is better.

DeviledEgg24.png

Conclusion: Piety is 2 points every 3 seconds

50 points in 49 seconds, for roughly 1 second per point, or 2 seconds per 2 points, a 1/3rd slower drain then piety

According to those numbers, chivalry actually drains faster than piety, not slower.

Yeah so we use piety ::'

Yes pieing for task is the way to go, its 20% faster xp and at multi combat you will outhit other players to get them to hop worlds ::'

Do this is you got the money for it though.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/