Cost of 85 magic?

Pitac83

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Adamant Plates(you're talking bout Platebodies right?)are way worse. Again if my calculations are correct, you would lose 563 gp for every alch. :uhh:

Oops, are you serious?

You can buy them consistantly for 9.8-9.9k, and they alch for 9987 or something around that, so isn't the loss more like in the 100s?

Well I calculated if you bought them at max...didn't know you coulod buy them that low.

A lot of people make adamant platebodies when going for 99 smithing so there are usually so many on the market that it's possible to buy them at min-med.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adamant Plates(you're talking bout Platebodies right?)are way worse. Again if my calculations are correct, you would lose 563 gp for every alch. :uhh:

Oops, are you serious?

You can buy them consistantly for 9.8-9.9k, and they alch for 9987 or something around that, so isn't the loss more like in the 100s?

Well I calculated if you bought them at max...didn't know you coulod buy them that low.

A lot of people make adamant platebodies when going for 99 smithing so there are usually so many on the market that it's possible to buy them at min-med.

Although that 100 per 4 hour rule really knocks you down here.

Superheat Item on Iron Ores = good Magic xp (I'd say 80-90k/h at least if you don't focus completely) and some good Smithing xp :) also, since you can sell the Iron Bars afterwards the loss is minimal.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Loss is minimal?

It's over 100gp loss per iron bar, and the base magic xp is 43 per cast.

Steel bars and mith bars are much less

53 xp/superheat so its 2 gp/xp.

With steel and mith it requires more banking and more moving of the mouse which slows it down.

I heard that you can superheat something like 20 iron/gold with the superheat button in the second mage position because the superheated ores turned to bars go to the top of the inv.

The diamond bolt method sounds sweeter though.

I can provide some data for enchanting air orbs. In my testing, I was able to charge 500-550 orbs per hour with a terrorbird. That's roughly 40k exp/hr with ~150-200k gp/hr profit, depending on the prices you buy at.

Making/alching battlestaves loses you money, so just sell the charged orbs. People buy 'em.

Making/alching battlestaves loses you money

How is this possible unless you're talking about buying the Battlestaves from the ge?

[hide=Stats/Goals And Drops]66evilone67.gif

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

66evilone67.png

3 - Black Mask

3 - Dragon Med Helm---1 - Dragon Boots---1 - Dragon Spear

5 - Granite Maul[/hide]

Making/alching battlestaves loses you money

How is this possible unless you're talking about buying the Battlestaves from the ge?

Battlestaves are 8356 gp, air orbs are 1097 gp, nature runes are 230 gp. 8356 + 1097 + 230 = 9683. Air battlestaves alch for 9300 gp; thus, you lose 383 gp for making and alching the air battlestaff compared to selling the materials used to make and alch it.

I want to know how much will it cost to get from 71 to 85 magic if I hi alch yew longbows. Also is there a cheaper way that is still kind of fast? That's all for now. Thanks ::'

Current rate for yew longs in exp is about 1 exp per 2 gp.

exp from 71-85 is 2,450,000 exp. Therefore, cost would be at about 5 million gp not including the cost for buying the items beforealching them.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg