Skillcape Suggestion...

db29_yo

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Alright well I'm planning on getting 7-8 99's. And that would take up about 14-16 slots in my banks, I think that's a tad bit excessive. So my idea about skillcapes is to make it so you can combine them into one and just switch between looks, such as have a option on the cape "change" so you can display your other 99's without the hassle of many things. Reasons why this would be a good idea:

1. Skillcapes along with the hood once they start to stack up take up way too much space as I said. There is the option of a cape rack in POH, but that's a big hassle in and of itself. Ultimately it's making people's banks more efficient.

2. I would really hope this ability could be transfered for f2p trips, as changing capes is just purely annoying. This would to an extent stop the rants about f2p needing skillcapes (simply make the people go to p2p to buy the cape and any extra 99 skills to imbue on the cape, then give them the ability take it off and change the imagine on it, no stats and all these arguments will come to an end, while needing only 2 extra bank spaces.).

Possible arguments against?

1. Having only one cape would take away from the magic of getting a new one every time you reach that 99.

Well that is quite true, so what I propose is to create a interchangeable system. One when you reach a 99 the master gives you the option to buy a cape or imbue into a already existing one. And at any time a player that has imbued his skills into one cape can revert back to single capes (if not enough inventory space the capes will go to the bank) and vice versa.

2. Each cape is unique and special.

Um...cosmetically? sure. But the capes in terms of stats are identical, which really is ridiculous but this thread is not about that stupidity. No in my opinion in fact each cape has the same stats, therefore combining them into one would just be logical. Again players that do not wish to do this have the option of keeping the system as it was before (the two systems can easily coexist).

3. What about when you die?

Very valid point, this actually requires some thought. In my opinion there are two solutions; one that the capes are always kept when you die along with the 3-4 most valuable items (I mean cmon a 99 is a 99, and all we get is a obby cape with a prayer bonus for some. And when pked the other player does not receive anyway, maybe give them a destroy option for those that want to get rid of them?). The second option is that one cape would disappear/left on the ground from the combined skill cape.

4. What's this crap about f2p and skillcapes, it's getting old?

Well very very true, however it would stop all the pointless bickering. Simply put f2p would still need to pay for membership to get each cape. But with this it would save jagex from having to create extra bank space for f2p (other than 2 spaces, and of course requiring the cape to be a combined one to have any function in f2p). The capes would have to stats and be purely cosmetic, with an option to "change skill" and the ability to be removed and put back on. This would also benefit retired p2p player who get bored of wearing that strength cape all the time. I will at some point stop playing this game, and after that I would hope jagex would have enough decency to give a former paying customer of x years the ability to show off his accomplishments (not just keep the capes as useless mementos in the bank).

All in all a simple interface change that would go in good with the theme planned for the new few months by jagex.

Discuss, suggest, and dissent pl0x :D

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

Alright well I'm planning on getting 7-8 99's. And that would take up about 14-16 slots in my banks, I think that's a tad bit excessive.

That's what a Cape Rack in your Costume Room is for.

He did state the cape rack is a big pain, which it is.

I like the idea, personally.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Alright well I'm planning on getting 7-8 99's. And that would take up about 14-16 slots in my banks, I think that's a tad bit excessive.

That's what a Cape Rack in your Costume Room is for.

Um...I specifically stated that the cape racks in a POH house are a pain, plz read more than one line of my post. But taking your argument seriously on the other hand, even if it wasn't a pain there are problems.

Let's look at the requirements first of all for a cape rack:

lvl 54- Oak cape rack, Holds all capes except Accomplishment capes

lvl 63- Teak cape rack, Holds all capes, but just 1 accomplishment cape

lvl 72- Mahogany cape rack, Holds all capes + 5 accomplishment capes

lvl 81- Gilded cape rack, Holds all capes + 10 accomplishment capes

lvl 90 +99- Marble and Magical cape rack, Holds all capes

So a player would need a minimum of 72 construction, or in the 60's with a few quests done to properly store them. Which is absurd imagine a player just spent 150 mil for 99 summoning, and say he has 7 99's and a lack of bank space or simply thinks it would waste space. Is he then required to spend x amount of more mills so that he can properly store the capes? What if he despises construction and doesn't want to train it? The point is if you want to store them without wasting bank space, you as a player is forced to spend x amount of mills to train up construction (without any choice, if you already have the level it's fine).

Now the main reason why the cape rack simply doesn't work is because it's so out of the way. A bank is many times more convenient than a cape rack. And for the money a decent cape rack costs to be beaten by something free in terms of convenience simply makes a cape rack inferior.

So like I said before my idea would greatly improve convenience, you wouldn't even need to go to a bank, simply click on your cape and change the appearance. No forcing to train construction, no inconvenient out of the way trips to banks or cape racks, and you save bank space (2 spaces less than a cape rack at the cost of efficiency).

Simple, efficient, and no bs.

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

Cape racks are flatpackable. And wouldn't this really annoy anyone who spent 1m on the magical cape rack? Not that Jagex is against slapping constructors in the face, I spent 1m on my opulent table before they were flatpackable...

Great lol, but this isn't about cape racks ffs (and I dunno if they're flat packable). I already said the argument why my idea is way better than cape racks. Clearly my idea is a lot more efficient and in comparison cape racks are crap. So end of discussion of cape racks ffs >.>

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png

shouldn't this be in bugs and suggestions?

in before the move.... :lol:

I think its a good idea.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Nah I don't think the Cape Rack is that bad. Between the House Teleport, House Teletabs, Glory in House, and Portal Chamber, going to the Cape Rack is convenient if anything. You'd probably want to go there anyway to recharge prayer/check shooting star status.

Although I don't exactly get your point about this idea giving f2p the benefit of skill capes. You mean to say that this saves a ton of room, and therefore it won't clog f2p banks with capes? I hardly think that's the reason why f2p doesn't have skill capes right now. (Plus remember they gave f2p and bank space extension when they gave f2p wilderness capes, and there are many more wilderness capes than f2p skill capes.)

Nah I don't think the Cape Rack is that bad. Between the House Teleport, House Teletabs, Glory in House, and Portal Chamber, going to the Cape Rack is convenient if anything. You'd probably want to go there anyway to recharge prayer/check shooting star status.

Although I don't exactly get your point about this idea giving f2p the benefit of skill capes. You mean to say that this saves a ton of room, and therefore it won't clog f2p banks with capes? I hardly think that's the reason why f2p doesn't have skill capes right now. (Plus remember they gave f2p and bank space extension when they gave f2p wilderness capes, and there are many more wilderness capes than f2p skill capes.)

You're right it's not terribly bad. But hey my method just needs about 2-3 clicks, way more faster and a million times more convenient. Plus you don't need to even start building a house, and building a decent rack would cost you something whereas this is free. Honestly this isn't meant to be that deep, all it would require is a few simple scripts and it's done.

As for the f2p thing, no of course it's not bc of bank space. I'm just adding to the argument, that when p2p go to f2p if they want to show off their skills, they just click a few times instead of changing worlds etc etc. And the bank space thing is just a extra benefit, again not meant to be ground breaking, but little things add up. And the main reason I mentioned the f2p things (aside from the p2p experience) is that this would be a very good way to stop all these stupid arguments about f2p and skillcapes. And honestly when i quit this game it would be nice coming back once in a while and not having to pay 6 bucks to change my hp cape (a bonus for retired members).

Final thing is this isn't mean to be all that deep, just a few simple scripts added and it's done.

Db29_yo.gif

db29_yo.png