Item Kept on Death

fireside8

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I remember I quit RS two years ago when I skilled up feltching and high alched a lot of million to buy a green halloween mask,

Well when I died I kept something stupid, like a mithril armor or something, instead of mask.

My question IS THIS:

In your inventory where it displays items kept on death, why can't you PICK the items kept.

Or can you

Thanks

The items kept are based on their alch/store values, not the market price. I'd love to see a 'Choose Items Kept on Death' feature, but I've seen no mention of it on the site. However, this is the year for improvements, so perhaps there's hope for us yet.

dynubd1026.png

userbar.gif

dynubd1027.png

The items kept are based on their alch/store values, not the market price. I'd love to see a 'Choose Items Kept on Death' feature, but I've seen no mention of it on the site. However, this is the year for improvements, so perhaps there's hope for us yet.

Having on the alch price is really stupid, and should at least be changed to market pricing, although being able to choose would be amazing. :pray:

I lost my black mask and dds after rune plate and legs protected over them -.-

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Having on the alch price is really stupid, and should at least be changed to market pricing, although being able to choose would be amazing. :pray:

market prices as in lets go 1 item with a santa?

foukouei.png

market prices as in lets go 1 item with a santa?

Market price = the price people sell the item for

dynubd1026.png

userbar.gif

dynubd1027.png

Didn't Jagex say somewhere in their updates this year they are looking to adjust the items kept on death? To where you CAN choose?

I could of sworn I read that somewhere.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Didn't Jagex say somewhere in their updates this year they are looking to adjust the items kept on death? To where you CAN choose?

I could of sworn I read that somewhere.

Maybe they did. I hope they did. I know I've read about it on the forums there - maybe that's what you're thinking of?

dynubd1026.png

userbar.gif

dynubd1027.png

High alch price was around before Jagex had a GE price to tie items too, they could probably do the same thing now, but what about rare, untradable quest items?

I'm not sure how a 'pick your own items on death' would work. Say you go to sara soloing and pick your DFS, fury, and armadyl top to keep. Then you get a hilt - but on the next kill you lag and die. What do you keep?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

High alch price was around before Jagex had a GE price to tie items too, they could probably do the same thing now, but what about rare, untradable quest items?

I'm not sure how a 'pick your own items on death' would work. Say you go to sara soloing and pick your DFS, fury, and armadyl top to keep. Then you get a hilt - but on the next kill you lag and die. What do you keep?

always have protect item pray on

keeps hilt

problem solved

foukouei.png

always have protect item pray on

keeps hilt

problem solved

So you wouldn't mind losing whatever your 4th valuable item is over a rune skirt? When there's nothing tied to losing except what you picked, any time you change your inventory in any way it totally changes it. What if I protect my granite shield, stole, and archer helm because I'm in welfare gear, then go on another trip with bandos and forget to change my protected items?

Too easy to mess up IMHO.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

You know when I look at this and I just sigh. :|

There is graves these days and people hardly die with many items lost, if at all any. I wish death have more meaning than a quick run to death spot, which might be blessed, hence you can your sweet time. I actually want to see items kept on death to zero except with prayer. Some challenge please, some serious scrambling when you die please. Make boss hunts more nervy.

Alch value is not entirely stupid when opposed to market price. While Alchs might be confounding the actual value of the item, market may not be entirely fair. Say, when D-Claws was cheap in GE value, before they rose. And you had a....say Dragon chain. When you die, Chain would cover. Prices can fluctuate over a course of a boss hunt, while an item may protect another in one instance, it can change in another. While it may save the player a few coins, the item they lost might yet be harder to buy despite lower value.

Probably though, is one thing they would change. Personally, these improvements is a bow down to player's whine more than improvements....not that I'm complaining too much.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Probably though, is one thing they would change. Personally, these improvements is a bow down to player's whine more than improvements....not that I'm complaining too much.

That's what I think this new year is :?

On-topic: I've had cases where I wished I was able to choose the items lost on death ... last time I died with 10m in chaos tunnels, I lost full guthans (back when it was 7m) and a sara plate, while keeping a dragon plateskirt, a whip, and some junk I don't remember today.

Unfortunately we can't choose the items, but it gives some items the price tags they have today. Who knows? Maybe that extra 1m on gs's or other rares..

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

you can't, and I don't remember you ever having that option... Thought I wish we had it now... :pray:

Right, the items' alch values are far from their market prices... Remember the "dragon battleaxe" scam? Scammer asked victim with a whip to come one-iteming to Wildy so the scammer "can screenshot his death". The scammer had four dragon battleaxes and dropped three. The victim picked up them and the scammer killed him. And as a dragon battleaxe protects over a whip, you guess the rest... Of course it doesn't work anymore.