New high lvled powerful mage spellbook!

quelmotz

Im thinking about making a new high lvl mage spellbook that requires a master/grandmaster quest to get (but its all up to jagex and i dont really care).

It is because the old ones are not good enough and melee and ranged have gotten tons of updates recently so i think mages deserve one.

I hope there will be a new high lvl staff for mages, a reward from the quest, maybe lvl 75 magic requirement. possible names:Cosmic staff, arcanist's staff, sorcerer's staff, etc. This staff can autocast all these spells. This staff will be the first mage weapon that has a special attack.

cost:75% spec bar

The special hits 150% damage, but also adds a random special. NOTE: it can stack with other effects:stun for 5 sec, poison for 6, lowers the person's highest stat, either atk, str, def, range(if same than it is random), steals hp or hits 25% more.

Together with this update, there should also be a new soul altar that is unlocked during the quest so as to control the prices of the soul runes.

I just checked the ge. soul runes cost 358gp, astral costs 148, blood costs 275gp, death costs 270gp-5 gp less than blood!!!!!!!??!?!? These 4 are the main runes used in this spellbook. astral is used for mainly the attack spells, soul is used mainly for the lowering stat spells and the "doom" and "destiny bond" spells. blood is mainly used as a secondary requirement for the attack spells. death is used in prayer reduction spell, doom and destiny bond.

Suggestions:

Supreme alchemy lvl 74 new alchemy. ill let jagex choose the prices. 15x fire 3x nature

Condemn lvl 77 Lowers enemy prayer by 25% of max 2x death 1x soul rune

Piercing Presence lvl 80 Lowers enemy defence by 20% 1x blood 2x soul rune

Curse of Fraility lvl 83 Lowers enemy str by 20% 1x blood 3x soul rune

Cosmic Blast lvl 84 Stuns for 3 seconds. Max 28 4x astral 1x blood rune

Disorientating Mist lvl 86 Lowers enemy attack by 20% 5x air 4x soul rune

Entwine lvl 88 Binds enemy for 20 seconds 6 nature rune

Lunar Blitz lvl 89 Freezes for 8 sec. Max 33 6x astral 2x blood rune

Drain soul lvl 91 Lowers enemy mage by 20% 5x soul

Supernova Barrage lvl 93 Blasts enemy back 1-3 squares. Max 38 8x astral 3x blood

Fog of uncertainty lvl 94 Lowers enemy range by 20% 5x soul 30x air

Doom lvl 96 Lowers enemy str, atk, def, range by 15% 7x soul

Destiny bond lvl 98 If you die, your target's hp gets lowered until he is left with 1 hp. can only be casted once per "life". 8x soul 8x death

Black hole lvl 99 Binds for 25 seconds. Max 43 10x astral 5x blood

give any suggestions and i might add them in. people who say mage is too powerful, it only takes strategy, dont post here as you're not welcome.

in other words:[hide=]if you think mage is too powerful and feel like flaming me, get lost[/hide]

PLEASE modify your post so that there are breaks in between the spells, OR

Something similar to

SPELL NAME - LVL - DESCRIPTION

Condemnation of Death 77 Lowers prayer by 20%

Piercing Presense 80 Lowers defense by 20%

Would make it much easier to critique.

Are these spells in a new book altogether, can you merge the standard book with this?

Is there a new quest involved? Is it F2P/P2P? How many runes do each take? Is there a new type of rune involved? Can they be auto-casted? What is the chance of splashing?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

i like it...though the max hits are iffy as it jumps from 28 -> 34

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

1) You might wanna look up the meanings to some of the words you used, because some of the spell names are just plain comical

Condemnation of Death = Declaring that death is reprehensible, wrong, or evil? maybe Condemn

Curse of Enervation = Enervation would work just fine as a name on its own, or Enervating Curse

2) Supernova Barrage lvl 94

Blasts enemy back 1-3 squares. Max 40

Makes the ancient spellbook absolutely worthless

3) Black hole lvl 99

Binds for 25 seconds. Max 45

LMFAO, thats way overpowered

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Black hole lvl 99

[/hide]

Break it down, and you gotta adjust it to balance. Thats just OP.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

thanks for the comments. and btw i didnt make ancient look worthless. ancient still has a longer freeze time, steal hp, lower accuracy and poisoning. p.s. melee can do all these too. ddp++, zamorak, saradomin, bandos gs.

and binding for 25 sec isnt too much. while you're binded, you can still eat, pray, mage/range, change armor, attack people next to you, etc.

ive edited the post already

Im thinking about making a new high lvl mage spellbook that requires a master/grandmaster quest to get (but its all up to jagex and i dont really care).

It is because the old ones are not good enough and melee and ranged have gotten tons of updates recently so i think mages deserve one.

Suggestions:

Free 3rd age

Gets you a free 3rd age plate and ammy with enough junk to sell it lvl 7

Condemn lvl 77

Lowers enemy prayer by 20% of max

Piercing Presence lvl 80

Lowers enemy defence by 20%

Curse of Fraility lvl 83

Lowers enemy str by 20%

Cosmic Blast lvl 84

Stuns for 3 seconds. Max 28

Disorientating Mist lvl 86

Lowers enemy attack by 20%

Entwine lvl 88

Binds enemy for 20 seconds

Lunar Blitz lvl 89

Freezes for 8 sec. Max 34

Drain soul lvl 91

Lowers enemy mage by 20%

Supernova Barrage lvl 94

Blasts enemy back 1-3 squares. Max 40

Fog of uncertainty lvl 95

Lowers enemy range by 20%

Doom lvl 97

Lowers enemy str, atk, def, range by 15%

Black hole lvl 99

give any suggestions and i might add them in. people who say mage is too powerful, it only takes strategy, dont post here as you're not welcome.

in other words:[hide=]if you think mage is too powerful and feel like flaming me, get lost[/hide]

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I hope there will be a new high lvl staff for mages, a reward from the quest, maybe lvl 75 magic requirement. possible names: Cosmic staff, arcanist's staff, sorcerer's staff, etc. This staff can autocast all these spells.

Together with this update, there should also be a new soul altar that is unlocked during the quest so as to control the prices of the soul runes.

I just checked the ge. soul runes cost 358gp, astral costs 148, blood costs 275gp, death costs 270gp-5 gp less than blood!!!!!!!??!?!? These 4 are the main runes used in this spellbook. astral is used for mainly the attack spells, soul is used mainly for the lowering stat spells and the "doom" and "destiny bond" spells. blood is mainly used as a secondary requirement for the attack spells. death is used in prayer reduction spell, doom and destiny bond.

Suggestions:

Lunar Blitz lvl 89 Freezes for 8 sec. Max 34 6x astral 2x blood rune

Supernova Barrage lvl 93 Blasts enemy back 1-3 squares. Max 40 8x astral 3x blood

Destiny bond lvl 98 If you die, your target's hp gets lowered until he is left with 1 hp. can only be casted once per "life". 8x soul 8x death

Black hole lvl 99 Binds for 25 seconds. Max 45 10x astral 5x blood

Thats crap. if you want to spam threads, get lost and make your own dumb thread.

I hope there will be a new high lvl staff for mages, a reward from the quest, maybe lvl 75 magic requirement. possible names: Cosmic staff, arcanist's staff, sorcerer's staff, etc. This staff can autocast all these spells.

Suggestions:

2. Use four times

1. Use this once

4. Cast again

Lunar Blitz lvl 89 Freezes for 8 sec. Max 34 6x astral 2x blood rune

Supernova Barrage lvl 93 Blasts enemy back 1-3 squares. Max 40 8x astral 3x blood

3. Cast this so he can be pj'ed

Black hole lvl 99 Binds for 25 seconds. Max 45 10x astral 5x blood

5. This until dead.

Thats crap. if you want to spam threads, get lost and make your own dumb thread.

your spellbook seems quite dumb, tbh. you didn't even state the xp gained, runes needed, what precisely do the spells do, what lvl is needed, can it be autocasted, f2p/p2p(i assume its p2p), etc.

maybe you should look at my thread and improve it a bit. (not trying to boast about my thread or something, but IMO its better than yours by far).

your spellbook seems quite dumb, tbh. you didn't even state the xp gained, runes needed are off, what precisely do the spells do is way overpowered, too low of a level is needed (i know you cant go higher), etc.

maybe you should look at the spells we have already and improve it a bit. (not trying to downtrodden your thread or something, but IMO it sucks).

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

your scenario wouldn't work. I think the curse and co. spells effects don't stack so condemn won't stack. Or maybe you can only do it twice on a player. Or maybe it has higher splash rate.

Also, the person can just put on black dhide or get his ranged/mage stuff and bombard you back. Seriously, i don't know why so many people think bind is like stun/freeze.

thanks for the comments. and btw i didnt make ancient look worthless. ancient still has a longer freeze time, steal hp, lower accuracy and poisoning. p.s. melee can do all these too. ddp++, zamorak, saradomin, bandos gs.

and binding for 25 sec isnt too much. while you're binded, you can still eat, pray, mage/range, change armor, attack people next to you, etc.

ive edited the post already

As you can see in my sig I'm 99 magic. I would much rather have a higher damaging spell (40) at level 93 than one that freezes and hits for 30 at level 94, why? because at 99 magic praying +15% magic and using a mage pot I can fairly consistently blast right through dragon hide and pro-magic. Hitting 45's constantly is ridiculous, that pretty much guarantees I'ld be able to KO anyone in under 3 hits if they weren't fully prepared for a magic assault, and maybe 6 hits if they were prepared. This would make magic the only choice for PVP since melee can't consistently hit that high and neither can ranged.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

L]13,

you forgot that what i stated there was the MAX hit, and jagex clearly stated in the manual for combat, magic section that higher lvl spells splash more often, but your splash rate decreases if you have higher mage. Therefore i don't see how the mage can smash up the meleer so easily.

Still, i'll decrease the max hit slightly, come to think of it, it is sort of high. but ill add a spec for that staff

L]13,

you forgot that what i stated there was the MAX hit, and jagex clearly stated in the manual for combat, magic section that higher lvl spells splash more often, but your splash rate decreases if you have higher mage. Therefore i don't see how the mage can smash up the meleer so easily.

Still, i'll decrease the max hit slightly, come to think of it, it is sort of high. but ill add a spec for that staff

Get 99 magic and then try to tell me it splashes often while wearing ahrims or better mage robes, magic pot, and the +15% magic prayer. That would place your magic level at 118.45, almost 20 levels higher than the spell, and way more then enough to drastically decrease the splashes to the point where magic would trump the entire combat triangle.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

While the meleer is wearing black dhide, praying mage protect, drinking def and mage potions?

The average player will never do that to defend against mage, whereas what I said is standard for a magic offense.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

if mages must use surprise attacks to hit high, why don't meleers need to?

Maybe these spells will have slightly higher splash rate than their same lvled counterparts, so as to balance them a bit. But remember, the quest required to get this spellbook will be very tough, so these spells should be better than their same lvled counterparts.

I do not feel like flaming you, however. This sounds like a combination of our three current spellbooks. Other than that, maybe the ability to merge spellbooks? Good idea, somewhat comprehensive. I think Jagex would appreciate more freedom in the spells though.

if mages must use surprise attacks to hit high, why don't meleers need to?

ever heard of a rusher? mmmhmm, didn't think so.

Obviously i did BUT no one's forcing meleers/rangers to rush, whereas mages need to. Think before you speak.

I do not feel like flaming you, however. This sounds like a combination of our three current spellbooks. Other than that, maybe the ability to merge spellbooks? Good idea, somewhat comprehensive. I think Jagex would appreciate more freedom in the spells though.

I appreciate constructive criticism(unlike the one above), so thats not flaming me. But it isnt really like 3 spellbooks merged together is it? its more powerful and i dont see any lunar-ish spell unless you think lunar blitz is one. Destiny bond sounds sort of like vengeance but it's not the same.

Obviously i did BUT no one's forcing meleers/rangers to rush, whereas mages need to. Think before you speak.

Mages don't need to rush anyone in order to win; what are you basing all these assumptions on? You've obviously never pvp'ed as a mage. With my stats (see sig) I can wear a full suit of melee armor, drink a sup def pot and maybe a mage pot, pray piety, stand right next to a meleer and blast him to the ground with any barrage spell as he hits 0's on me and starts whining "def noob!!!!!!!!11!!" as he dies

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Mages suck too much at present and they DESERVE an update. They haven't had one for a few years. Dont say rc guild, thats not mage. fog is also for melee and ranged.

Do you just enjoy making yourself sound ignorant? It got updated when pvp worlds came out with the miasmic spells.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

What kinda update was that? Two melee sets to one mage and one range set. Cost millions for 15 mins! Damn rare drop furthermore. I admit it is powerful but who will pay 2 million+ for 15 minutes of ownage?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyone?

Have you noticed that your last 2 posts have been removed? Quit bumping your own thread.

If people thought it was a good idea, they'd say, support, or something of the like.

Otherwise, they're looking for it to fall to the bottom of the pile, or they have nothing to say about it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪