Adventure quest leeching off jagex's ideas?

spacheco

MechQuest existed BEFORE MechScape was even devised.

EDIT: scratch that, MechScape might've been in production at the time of MechQuest's release. My point is that MechQuest was released into the market first.

What s/he said. I heard about Mechquest's release long before 'Scape.

It's a futuristic robot game. Those are EVERYWHERE. Hell, I could say the concept of Mechscape is ripping off Star Wars/Trek.

I can't say this thread is doing much for my opinion of Tip.It as a whole though. Arguing that graphics make a game good? :wall:

I agree. I think players criticizing other players simply for liking Adventure Quest is deplorable. I personally don't like Adventure Quest, but I would NEVER judge someone else for what they like. Its pretty low :|

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played RS since about a month after its release, watching its development has been interesting.

Similarly, I've played AQ since around the time it was released, and eventually payed the low, one time payment to have full access to the lunchbox game.

A few key notes I've noticed between the two: They ARENT COMPARABLE BECAUSE THEY'RE FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT GAMES!

Aside from both containing 'rpg' in their main descriptor, they have almost nothing in common, one is an mmo, the other is a 2D, lunchbreak game and is advertised as such.

AQ completely trumps RS when it comes to the Staff actually taking involved interest in the customer, the forum community and support is amazing, where you can actually talk to the creator of the game REGULARLY, and you actually have a good say in what happens with content, aswell as many people winning staff thrown competitons, and getting suggestions put in game (with actual recognition!)

AQ may not be the leading game, but its a time killer, "fun" isnt the key word, but its enjoyable, and you dont have to be totally transfixed on it all the time, you can do literally anything and play that game at the same time with no problem, it fills empty space for people with ADD ::'

That's not to say RS is lacking in any way, its a bigger, dare i say better game, but I enjoy AQ for the very personal feel the online community gives, as you can activily cooperate with the people who make the game and help them with making the game! RS is a more corporate feeling game, where you dont have as much sway in anything aside from blind polls.

Both are good, but they are so vastly different you cant compare the actual games, because obviously RS is better, 3D vs 2D, more in depth bla bla bla.

as for AQ ripping off people- no not really, they make lots and lots of puns (most are pretty terrible) but they dont actively rip off things from other games, they make well known references, but i've yet to see them steal straight ideas from any one game.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

And lets not forget that Mechwarrior predated all of them ;) (please correct me if something predated MW, I'm no wiz on pc/video game history)...yeah that's right, I happen to be a female who found that game entertaining, my taste is diverse you could say. Many game companies work off of successful concepts and try to put their spin on it. I appreciate such efforts only if they were genuinely good and not a poorly put together production.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Adventure Quest is not better than Runescape, but some posts in this topic is just ridiculous.

AQ is hell of a fun game...that's for sure.

I had more fun exploring AQ, than i had exploring Runescape as low level.

I would not like to see what else you would deem "fun".

How funny, isn't that what other players who plays games with great graphic say about Runescape...

Jagex used the idea of Mithril from Lord of the Rings. Is that a rip off too? Or just a reference to a well known work?

There was Mithril in Final Fantasy as well. ::'

LOTR is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay older than Final Fantasy. The Mithril in Final Fantasy is also a reference/Rip-off.

priest_wiz.png

[hide=Quote]

I've played RS since about a month after its release, watching its development has been interesting.

Similarly, I've played AQ since around the time it was released, and eventually payed the low, one time payment to have full access to the lunchbox game.

A few key notes I've noticed between the two: They ARENT COMPARABLE BECAUSE THEY'RE FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT GAMES!

Aside from both containing 'rpg' in their main descriptor, they have almost nothing in common, one is an mmo, the other is a 2D, lunchbreak game and is advertised as such.

AQ completely trumps RS when it comes to the Staff actually taking involved interest in the customer, the forum community and support is amazing, where you can actually talk to the creator of the game REGULARLY, and you actually have a good say in what happens with content, aswell as many people winning staff thrown competitons, and getting suggestions put in game (with actual recognition!)

AQ may not be the leading game, but its a time killer, "fun" isnt the key word, but its enjoyable, and you dont have to be totally transfixed on it all the time, you can do literally anything and play that game at the same time with no problem, it fills empty space for people with ADD ::'

That's not to say RS is lacking in any way, its a bigger, dare i say better game, but I enjoy AQ for the very personal feel the online community gives, as you can activily cooperate with the people who make the game and help them with making the game! RS is a more corporate feeling game, where you dont have as much sway in anything aside from blind polls.

Both are good, but they are so vastly different you cant compare the actual games, because obviously RS is better, 3D vs 2D, more in depth bla bla bla.

as for AQ ripping off people- no not really, they make lots and lots of puns (most are pretty terrible) but they dont actively rip off things from other games, they make well known references, but i've yet to see them steal straight ideas from any one game.

[/hide]

This man gets it, I fully agree :thumbup:.

Quite frankly, AQ can require some more forward thinking at times, since you can't do anything as a team. The Final Challenge for one, thats extremely hard, requires good equipment (I.E. Shadow Cloak at least I believe), your character to have a good build (Hell, I couldn't do it as a power Hybrid until I turned Mage and got the Golden Plate). Although, quite a few battles can be easily solved, or rather used to be solved by Spell Spam and Heal, not so much now.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198