What happened to the laughs?

Dizzle229

Paperclips was like Trapical's evil twin.

I read through some of paperclips posts. Didn't seem to funny to me. But I guess it was out of context, and I wasn't there when paperclips was around. So I can't really understand the jokes. And I can't be bothered to read through the whole threads.

I prefer short witty posts like Lateralus's and Quoi Tu's. Most of Paperclip's were far too long.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read through some of paperclips posts. Didn't seem to funny to me. But I guess it was out of context, and I wasn't there when paperclips was around. So I can't really understand the jokes. And I can't be bothered to read through the whole threads.

I prefer short witty posts like Lateralus's and Quoi Tu's. Most of Paperclip's were far too long.

I agree. Short, witty posts > Long but outrightly funny posts.

Is this because we're all too lazy to bother reading the whole long but outrightly funny posts?

[hide=]

I agree. Short, witty posts > Long but outrightly funny posts.

Is this because we're all too lazy to bother reading the whole long but outrightly funny posts?

[/hide]

Yes. short attention spans are cool, huh?

lol @ people missing Paperclips. Who do you think the indian kid was that was posting a while back

Some random troll.

Seriously if it was Paperclips then he has changed. For the worse.

I agree, I didn't find that funny at all. Mabye the first post From him I saw, but after that was just annoying.

There is that and I've also read from a Chinese fortune cookie that wise men can say a lot with only a few words.

Threads like these are the cancer of OT.

Seriously think abiout it. By posting this topic that surely loads of people will post in, you just took up a space in the front page where a "lulzy" topic could have gone. But what you say /is/ true. the lack of hilarity on OT has been up recently only to be countered by a few cheap thrills (ie FML thread)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

There is that and I've also read from a Chinese fortune cookie that wise men can say a lot with only a few words.

Well the cookie has never lied to me before...

Just to let you guys know, just because people are banned from a forum, dosen't mean they can't read the forums ;)

From a personal standpoint, I think we are still getting laughs and funny things on OT, it's just a bit... 'diluted'.

As someone mentioned before, the forum dosen't really change that much. In reality, it is only the personalities that we get drawn to, and we get so comfortable with them that when they are gone, or a brand new set of people come, things seem to change, and the present is no long like the past (lol who would of thought eh?) I can remember a time when there was (what seemed to me) a lot more serious discussion along with more witty humour. But now that I think back on it, it mostly had to do with the group of regulars on OT at the time (Keep in mind most people here are 2006-2007 people, while I joined in 2004).

I do know for a fact that some things could become better if a certain group of people posted or made topics more frequently, but this will probably not happen.

Edit: Play nice. Be mature guys, you don't need more warnings.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

My mom's dead you [bleep] [wagon]

That's why she's filled with aids and fail.

aids from the necrophiliac graverobber, and fail, cause she's dead.

You would know considering you are the grave robber, sick [bleep].

and there goes out .25 pages of love :cry:

My mom's dead you [bleep] [wagon]

That's why she's filled with aids and fail.

aids from the necrophiliac graverobber, and fail, cause she's dead.

You would know considering you are the grave robber, sick [bleep].

and there goes out .25 pages of love :cry:

We could always restart.