What happened to the laughs?

Dizzle229

Lately I've been noticing that OT has gotten increasingly boring. I used to spend hours browsing here, so what happened? Well, I think I know two reasons.

1. PaperclipsYaaar no longer posts.

2. Possibly as a result of 1, the topics here are way too serious.

We're currently flooded with news threads, though some of them are starting to die out. Most other threads are really serious. The Australian brush fires. Gun control. The drug war. Views on Islam.

When I joined back in 07' this thread was really fun to read. Now it's just like watching the news, or a political debate.

Some of the good ole' topics.

So my cat hung himself..... (this one was half awww, half hilarious)

The funny pictures threads (alright, these were taken down with good reason)

Coke Vs. Pepsi

Weirdest pranks

Childhood beliefs

Screamers

The list goes on.

I guess the only thing left to say is....

Why so serious?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't so serious a few weeks ago and people were complaining that Off-Topic was going downhill. I think it's just a lovely cycle of serious and non-serious topics and complaining both ways. I like the serious discussion though, but I guess that's just personal preference; they're both good in the end.

You're like the kid that goes "well this is awkward" ten seconds after everyone stops talking.

You know, the one nobody likes.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

You're like the kid that goes "well this is awkward" ten seconds after everyone stops talking.

Are you going to be the guy who takes every chance he gets to flame someone? Aka, the one nobody likes?

Anyway, I just miss the cheery threads, this has become the equivalent of the news. As Quoi_Tu said, we might be seeing some good ones soon, if he's right about his TIF cycle.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Did the FML thread just fly by your head? There's also the zombie thread but we're 98% of the time we're serious in that thread. :?

That and the FML thread are both good, and it's even funnier that the zombie thread is taken seriously. What I'm talking about how 90% of threads on an INTERNET FORUM are serious.

PaperClipsYaaar was awesome. Does anyone know if he was banned? Or if so, does he use an alt? (knowing him he'd make it apparent)

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Anyway, I just miss the cheery threads, this has become the equivalent of the news. As Quoi_Tu said, we might be seeing some good ones soon, if he's right about his TIF cycle.

If someone builds me a meth lab, I'll totally make a TIF cycle model that will predict when serious and non-serious threads are going to come up.

If someone builds me a meth lab, I'll totally make a TIF cycle model that will predict when serious and non-serious threads are going to come up.

Meth lab supplied. Do you require anything else, m'lord?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I can only think the world got serious. Besides most of the American public anyway, they're never serious. (because they're drooling morons)

P.S. that's not racist because I do live in America (so bite me) \'

I can only think the world got serious. Besides most of the American public anyway, they're never serious. (because they're drooling morons)

P.S. that's not racist because I do live in America (so bite me) \'

It's possible to be racist to your own people.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

TIF doesn't go in cycles. That's merely an illusion formed by the presence of threads that are created from a thought triggered by another thread. That is, someone posts a funny thread, someone thinks of something else funny and posts it. Someone posts a book thread, and someone else posts a thread about newspapers. One person posts about spirituality and ghosts, and another makes a thread about Buddhism. The nature of the forum is thought triggering, not cyclical.

Are you going to be the guy who takes every chance he gets to flame someone? Aka, the one nobody likes?

Ah, but you see in my case no one on an internet forum likes me. These are people I have not and will never meet in my life, people who don't give a flying [cabbage] about me and to whom I feel likewise.

In your case, if I'm any sort of judge of character, your attitude negatively affects your outward appearance in the real world. Stop looking for the good ol' days, stop expecting everything to always be at their best. It's annoying, if nothing else.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I though my 'Can anything not kill you?' thread is pretty funny. I mean you express creative ways for people to die.

Got boring after the whole super cannon+vaccum thing tho. :|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

People are running out of jokes. Here's one that no one probably thought of yet though.

Kid who needs money for lunch: Do you have any change?

Kid who needs to make smart [wagon] remarks: No, but Obama does.

PS: I like the serious threads here. I don't think TIF is the best source of comedy anyways. Charisma on TIF? You're asking for too much.

People are running out of jokes. Here's one that no one probably thought of yet though.

PS: I like the serious threads here. I don't think TIF is the best source of comedy anyways. Charisma on TIF? You're asking for too much.

That was a good joke. You need to post more of that.

The ever caught them thread and the funny pictures thread were pure gold.

Please be kidding. ECT was a topic of lies about masturbation.

Even if they were lies, most of the stories were funny.

happysigbp0.jpg

Dammmn :P

Also, I agree. I used to come here everyday expecting a ridiculous thread more ridiculous than the last one. Now it's all serious, and drab... The lulz was why I joined this forum. :roll:

I would attempt to make a stupid lulz thread, but I would fail horribly. I simply cannot rival threads of that awesomeness. Now it's just too god damn serious here.

So we ask you, OT.

Why so serious?

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

So make your own topic or work with a group of people to come up with some ideas. Wow that was hard.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Not everyone can just pull an awesome topic out of there [wagon].

But we all know that someone here could, but is holding back on us. :|

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

But we all know that someone here could, but is holding back on us.

I like your last sentence. It's like saying to a kid who refuses to pack up their toys "I bet you can't put them all in the box before I count to 20" :lol: There will probably be an attempt shortly.

The last thing I laughed at was on facebook. There was a picture of all the Mr Men's from the back of the Mr Men book series and you had to match them up to your friends.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

PaperClipsYaaar was awesome. Does anyone know if he was banned? Or if so, does he use an alt? (knowing him he'd make it apparent)

Yup he was banned, pretty sure.

I think the main reason why there aren't so many "funny" threads anymore is because everyone is scared out of making boards, since they'll probably get locked anyways. -sigh-

I'm scared of making a board as well. #-o Never again...

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

You want an awesome, funny topic?

I'll give you an awesome, funny topic!

Watch this space...

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=785107

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

The problem is awesome topics don't happen, they need to be formed out of obscurity, you just can't come off the top of your head an awesome topic.

TIF can be pretty funny sometimes though :thumbup:

Doomy edit: I like sheep