Is my computer capable of HD?

firecat318

I just got this brand new computer today, and I tried to load HD and it wouldn't work.

Here is the most detailed specs I could find.

specs.jpg

It should be able to, it costed $600.

I tried to load runescape on firefox, but it wouldn't even load, it just says 'done' at the bottom.

I loaded on internet explorer with no problem, but hD didn't work with IE.

I loaded Swiftkit but the high detail doesn't work on there either.

100111011101.png

5417.png

I'd install the newest version of Java, that usually works for me. If it still doesn't work, try safe mode if that option's still around.

I just copied the instructions on the RS site...

This computer has 4GB ram, dunno really about the graphics card... where do I find that info (im on vista)

I'd install the newest version of Java, that usually works for me. If it still doesn't work, try safe mode if that option's still around.

I just installed Java for the first time today, so it is the newest version.

100111011101.png

5417.png

Swiftkit is internet explorer in a pretty frame, not displaying is a problem entirely seperate from hardware. If you do manage to get it to display, you'll end up with a crappy frame rate - you bought an El Cheapo computer at $600, don't expect to do any sort of gaming on it.

Those specs don't tell (me) anything. HD is mainly dependant on RAM and your graphics card though if I am not mistaken...

HD doesn't have much to do with RAM, and the card is shown. It's a cheap integrated graphics driver, it can't do squat with HD. A 'good' graphics card alone costs over 600, but even a $150-200 one will run HD with a decent frame rate. No chance with integrated, though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Can anyone address this problem then -

When I try to play runescape on firefox, I click the "Members click here to play" button but then the whole thing just goes black except the address bar and stuff on top, it just says done on the bottom =/

100111011101.png

5417.png

Update your java. http://java.sun.com/

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Then use IE, bookmark the game address itself.

DeviledEgg24.png

I just installed the newest version.

Obviously the Java works, it works on Swiftkit and iE, just not firefox.

I used to have the same problem loading RS with Firefox but RS would always load after refreshing the page a few times. I've not had any problems since firefox 3.0.6 was released. I know you said you just downloaded java but you might check that you actually got the newest version, especially if you didn't download it directly from java - Version 6 Update 12.

Miss_Evedia.png

In Firefox, go into tools and then into options. Click on "Content" tab. Make sure both "enable java" and "enable javascript" are checked. Not sure if you'll need javascript but you need it for Tip.It anyway :thumbup:

Not sure about the hardware though. I run a 2+ year old machine and run RSHD very smoothly at max settings. It was a very good machine at the time but I'd say it's rather outdated nowadays. I can guarantee RAM isn't your problem since you have double my RAM.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Maybe just run your computer for a bit?

I know it sounds odd and illogical, but when HD came out, my computer shouldn't have worked with it, and when i tried, it didn't.

But in December or there abouts, i clicked HD by accident, and it started working ::'

Think i saw an update with something to do with HD rendering around that time?

Although i must say, when i get to crowded places, it becomes very very slow. (eg the Grand Exchange, and MTA for some reason)

Just play for a bit in standard detail and then keep trying, best advice i can give you.

2v8sgvs.png

From what you've told us you should have no problem. I can run it from about a fifth of those specs easily.

Not sure about the hardware though. I run a 2+ year old machine and run RSHD very smoothly at max settings. It was a very good machine at the time but I'd say it's rather outdated nowadays. I can guarantee RAM isn't your problem since you have double my RAM.

It doesn't have much to do with your other specs, it really boils down to your GPU. A midrange 2 year old PC with a decent discreet graphics card will beat the stuffing out of an integrated laptop chip.

DeviledEgg24.png