Dscim Vs. Whip Pricewise

Dizzle229

And compfreak... based on this and some of your other posts......... this game really is your life isn't it?

Nope, I just play this game at work, so I've had a lot of time lately (computer work's slacking off :? ). I'm smart and mathematically-inclined, so it follows I would know a lot about it.

It's not a personal attack, I'm just tired of him trolling mah threads.

I'm afraid proving you wrong with the KB doesn't quite cut it as trolling. Personal attacks, however, do.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

And compfreak... based on this and some of your other posts......... this game really is your life isn't it?

Nope, I just play this game at work, so I've had a lot of time lately (computer work's slacking off :? ). I'm smart and mathematically-inclined, so it follows I would know a lot about it.

It's not a personal attack, I'm just tired of him trolling mah threads.

I'm afraid proving you wrong with the KB doesn't quite cut it as trolling. Personal attacks, however, do.

You are so cool. <3:

I guess you have a point there, what do you do (what is your job?)

And btw, you're not really proving me wrong because technically, I'm not looking for a specific answer. And I still have one question. Though the 1.5M is probably LESS than it's worth for the peope who get to 85 slay and get that lucky drop, is it really worth it for the buyers?

Also: Teech me in mathz pleez :pray:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

And btw, you're not really proving me wrong because technically, I'm not looking for a specific answer. And I still have one question. Though the 1.5M is probably LESS than it's worth for the peope who get to 85 slay and get that lucky drop, is it really worth it for the buyers?

Also: Teech me in mathz pleez :pray:

He is a computer consultant, its on it profile and he said it to a couple people.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I'm a contract-based computer consultant. I mostly do work for individuals, but right now I'm under a contract for Motorola. I'm operating under a ND agreement so no details, but it involves concept cell phone support systems and hardware debugging.

As for the price, you've already been proved wrong - it's a player driven economy, so it's OBVIOUSLY worth it for the buyers - enough of them paid the price to keep it right here. I was simply proving the d scimmy vs. whip part, as it was the only thing available to debate.

Hire a private tutor, I don't do lessons.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It's 1.5M for the best general-purpose weapon in the game. Most mid-level players can make that in four hours. And you can sell it back for pretty much the same price as you got it; whips are only 100k cheaper now than they were when GWD came out in 2007.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I find it funny people with 70 attack are calling the whip bad. Its all in your head kiddies, look at the stats.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

*Head explodes violently into dust and blood particles from massive stupidity, ad hominem, stupidity, and massive stupidity.*

This is trolling. Proving you wrong time and time again by other people is not.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

*Head explodes violently into dust and blood particles from massive stupidity, ad hominem, stupidity, and massive stupidity.*

This is trolling. Proving you wrong time and time again by other people is not.

Ok, ok, go easy on him, he admitted his mistake...

DeviledEgg24.png

whip + rune def = 101 slash atk and 87 str bonus

d scimi + rune def = 86 slash atk and 71 str bonus

also, I have used both for long amounts of time (whip to train to 99 atk and def, and a scimi to train to 99 str) and never have i hit more with a scimi than the whip.

The whip is also far rarer than the scimi, and cannot be bought from a shop. Due to the fact that the d scimi can be bought from the ape atoll scimitar stall for 100k, it's price will not go up.

I understand that the whip is certainly worht 1.5M to the people that sell them, but to the people that buy them... I just don't know.

like i said 1.5mil is nothing, you might get to the point where 1mil then 10mil becomes nothing to you and then you realise how small this game really is.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Look at the stats. Whip hits much higher and far more often. Your imagining things.

Not really. I've used both for about a month each, and statistically I'm hitting far more 20's with the scimmy, while I never hit a 20 with the whip, even with pots.

And still, you guys haven't explained why such a MASSIVE price difference.

You are quite simply, a noob or lying, d scim is +66 str while the whip is +82, the only way you'll have been able to hit 20's with the scim and not the whip is if you've actually raised your str a few levels since you've used a whip

Dizzle, it is obvious that the Whip is worth it's price to the buyers. If not, it would have been lowered in price. Just logic thinking I'd say.

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

Price really shouldnt be an issue, as you can always re-sell the whip once your done with combat. Its hands down a better weapon then the skim. If you cant afford 1.5m, then go find a way to make some money until you can. Whips are really cheap for how good they are. People pay 7m for a sara sword, and its essentially a 2 handed whip that can train strength.

envysfavouritemember.png

Price really shouldnt be an issue, as you can always re-sell the whip once your done with combat. Its hands down a better weapon then the skim. If you cant afford 1.5m, then go find a way to make some money until you can. Whips are really cheap for how good they are. People pay 7m for a sara sword, and its essentially a 2 handed whip that can train strength.

sara sword is overpriced tbh...

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

also, I have used both for long amounts of time (whip to train to 99 atk and def, and a scimi to train to 99 str) and never have i hit more with a scimi than the whip.

The whip is also far rarer than the scimi, and cannot be bought from a shop. Due to the fact that the d scimi can be bought from the ape atoll scimitar stall for 100k, it's price will not go up.

I understand that the whip is certainly worht 1.5M to the people that sell them, but to the people that buy them... I just don't know.

SHUT UP. JUST SHUT THE [cabbage] UP. So what your trying to say is that the whip is worse than the d scim but your not going to look at the numbers BEACUASE YOU JUST DON'T WANT TO BE WRONG. I hate kids like you who make fun of people just because they started erlier (sp?) than you. If you cant face the facts, then get out of here because your I.Q. has got to be lower then 50. Seriously, kid, grow up.

Eifstone.png

I stopped taking him seriously at this... Well maybe a bit before.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]