Dscim Vs. Whip Pricewise

Dizzle229

I have owned several whips before, and I currently own a dscim. I needed money badly, so after Monkey Madness I sold my whip and bought a dscim. Whip is nearly 1.5M, while the dscim is only 100k. Now, the problem here is, they seem to be the same thing except for two differences.

1. 0's are slightly more frequent.

2. Hits are considerably higher.

All in all, the dscim is just as good as the whip, if not better. So why is the whip more than 1.3M more expensive than the dscim?

Opinions?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

because whip can train atk and def, wheras dscim is like a single handed lesser version of the SS. its only really good for str training. and its spec is terrible. 4 seconds is no time at all.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

First, you can't buy in a store, gotten from a monster drop

Secondly, It's impossible that dragon scimitar hits more, the Abyssal whip has a higher Strength bonus, the only thing the scimitar is better than whip is at Stab Attack, (Which you don't use with this kind of weapons) and that is gives +1 Slash defense.

Both weapon's special attacks suck, the scimitar is only use to train strength, if you can't afford a Saradomin Sword, or if you want to use a shield, the whip can train attack, defense and controlled, I personally use controlled, so I get all 3 at the same time, so there is no need for me to use that nasty scimitar again.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Look at the stats. Whip hits much higher and far more often. Your imagining things.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Look at the stats. Whip hits much higher and far more often. Your imagining things.

Not really. I've used both for about a month each, and statistically I'm hitting far more 20's with the scimmy, while I never hit a 20 with the whip, even with pots.

And still, you guys haven't explained why such a MASSIVE price difference.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Not really. I've used both for about a month each, and statistically I'm hitting far more 20's with the scimmy, while I never hit a 20 with the whip, even with pots.

No, you aren't. I've tested items for thousands of hours with hit spreads and graphs, and the stats don't lie. Jagex isn't magically manipulating items behind the scenes :roll:

The price difference is because the whip is harder to get and a much better weapon. Duh. :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yes, someone actually has explained. The Dragon Scimitar can be purchased in a shop while the only way to obtain an Abyssal Whip is getting your Slayer to 85 (which takes a tremendous amount of time to do) and then killing that monster until you get the Abyssal Whip.

To put it into simple terms: an Abyssal Whip is rare while the Dragon Scimitar is very abundant.

And I've trained with both and I have NEVER hit higher with a Dragon Scimitar.

libertherme.png

Not another comparation thread...

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?item1=1010&item2=3014&rs2item_tools=&compare=&submit=Compare

There really is no comparison. He's simply mistaken.

DeviledEgg24.png

Heres why theres such a big price difference:

Whip is a drop from a level 85 Slayer Monster, while Dscim can be bought by anybody who has done Monkey Madness for only 100k. Whip beats dscim at everything except training str, and there are better ways to train str than with dscim anyway.

Talal28.png

To everyone who says to look at calcs and stats: No.

Now I'm not at all saying you're wrong, I'm just saying when everything is decided by numbers it kinda ruins the game. Of course, EVERYTHING in every game has to be decided by numbers, but it just feels like work if it's not kept behind the scenes.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

max hit calc isnt 100% accurate, whip and d scim are the same speed, whip DOES hit higher than d scim in all circumstances and is always more accurate too.

whip is better no argument to this.

price difference is insignificant if you can make 6mil a day.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Now I'm not at all saying you're wrong, I'm just saying when everything is decided by numbers it kinda ruins the game. Of course, EVERYTHING in every game has to be decided by numbers, but it just feels like work if it's not kept behind the scenes.

Your welcome to ignore the numbers and live in your own, wrong little world. Just don't come into ours asking why something is, because we WILL hand you the numbers right back.

DeviledEgg24.png

You can't argue with the numbers.

whip + rune def = 101 slash atk and 87 str bonus

d scimi + rune def = 86 slash atk and 71 str bonus

also, I have used both for long amounts of time (whip to train to 99 atk and def, and a scimi to train to 99 str) and never have i hit more with a scimi than the whip.

The whip is also far rarer than the scimi, and cannot be bought from a shop. Due to the fact that the d scimi can be bought from the ape atoll scimitar stall for 100k, it's price will not go up.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

whip + rune def = 101 slash atk and 87 str bonus

d scimi + rune def = 86 slash atk and 71 str bonus

also, I have used both for long amounts of time (whip to train to 99 atk and def, and a scimi to train to 99 str) and never have i hit more with a scimi than the whip.

The whip is also far rarer than the scimi, and cannot be bought from a shop. Due to the fact that the d scimi can be bought from the ape atoll scimitar stall for 100k, it's price will not go up.

I understand that the whip is certainly worht 1.5M to the people that sell them, but to the people that buy them... I just don't know.

And compfreak... based on this and some of your other posts......... this game really is your life isn't it?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

dizzle, i just tried whip and d scim at the duel arena. here are the hits with d scim for a fight. 23, 0 , 14, 12, 18,

whip: 27, 18, and 22.

these hits were both on the same pure.

the gear i was using was d scim/whip, fury, zerker ring, zerker helm, rune plate and legs, d boots, and rune defender.

so... Abbysal Whip > Dragon Scimitar.

:twss:

LOL.

It's not a personal attack, I'm just tired of him trolling mah threads.

P.S. I posted to find out why the price difference, I wasn't looking for a specific answer. I'm still not convinced it's good for the buyers, though the sellers really earned the cash after 85 slay.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

It's not a personal attack, I'm just tired of him trolling mah threads.

P.S. I posted to find out why the price difference, I wasn't looking for a specific answer. I'm still not convinced it's good for the buyers, though the sellers really earned the cash after 85 slay.

Personal attacks are low.

PS:Would you have 5-10k less xp/h but save 1.4m? LOLWUT

For 10 million xp you would be done training 5-10 hours faster PER 10 million xp. I hope you can make 1.4 million in 5-10 hours.

Personal attacks are low.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.