People who have multiple accounts

cookie1762

Well, I know this is going to make alot of people angry, but here it goes. I cannot understand the reason behind having multiple accounts. Working on one account and then going to another account to work on another skill. It would be so much more advantageous to work on the same account and get all the skills on that ONE account higher. Pease share your views on this, I'm very curious who agrees with me, or disagrees.

Thanks for reading! ::'

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

When I started a pure all the way back in RSC the excitement of high frequent hits against other pures (we were all using rune 2handed swords) made combat very fun. After several mistakes this pure eventually went on to become my current main. When I got 99 att/def/str I was only fighting people with the same boringly high stats. That's when I created my second pure (which failed). My first decent 'pure' account which I enjoyed more than anything else was my berserker pure (45 defence). I did most of my pking on him.

About a year later, when the wilderness was destroyed I got 70 defence on my zerker pure, ruining the account. Ever since then I've always had 1 defence accounts. Whenever I create a new pure I always want to make it 45 defence but as I raise in levels it feels like a waste of a good 1 def account.

So basically my reason for multiple accounts is fun. Entertainment. Pking on a maxed main is incredibly boring whereas pking on a low defence account is thrilling (and not just pking, any form of combat tbh). Most of my combat these days is either in clan wars or scheduled pvp trips/DMs (where I and another agree to fight to the death) due to pjers sucking the fun out of pvp worlds. Downing people who are decked out in bandos/barrows armour whilst you're wearing robes is very fun. Especially for me where I'm in a tight circle of other pures/zerkers so we're all low defence downing mains. I did have a tank ranger at one point but I've since realised that defence just isn't for me. I tend to have around 3 or 4 decent 1 defence accounts at any one time in case I have to drop one of them because of accidental defence levels. I also like the unique part of being a high level 1 defence pure as we're rather rare. Most are 20+ def.

Zerker_jane.png

I agree, I dislike people who create too many accounts stealing all the good names. Although I have 2 accounts, one is my main and one is a back up account incase my main gets unfairly banned...

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Well, what if you maxed cb? and plus making another acc is good if your account got perm banned or muted

Thats true, didn't think of that. ::'

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

What is there that makes you angry... :wall:

And about stealing names: I have over 10 other accounts, 9 of them being some sort of pure, you'll never even think of their names, so nothing is stolen.

But why 10 accounts, why not work on just one? To me a waste of time to be switching between accounts, but thats just me. I'm not saying one way is better than another, but I just don't get it.

Drops/Clue Finds:

What is there that makes you angry... :wall:

And about stealing names: I have over 10 other accounts, 9 of them being some sort of pure, you'll never even think of their names, so nothing is stolen.

But why 10 accounts, why not work on just one? To me a waste of time to be switching between accounts, but thats just me. I'm not saying one way is better than another, but I just don't get it.

Because each pure has a different style, more fun/interesting that way... one account gets boring after a while (pking on my main is inefficient..)

josh181830.png

For some reason I don't want to do all kinds of crazy/irrational stuff on my main (at least usually :lol: ). Instead, I create a new account (or use an old alternative account of mine), get some money on it and go crazy. :lol:

Also, variation is invigorating. ::'

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I do it for fun and its sometimes better.

If you have a great account in F2P, youll probably get begars.

If youre popular, you might get annoying little people following you around.

But if you have another account, you can do things like a normal player.

Also, I sometimes make new accounts to train with lower leveled friends.

Pures are great for PKing.

I guess some people think its cool to have tons of money on a Level 3 account...

I remember watching a trailer for RuneScape HD on YouTube by Jagex, and I remember them telling the fact that there were over 130 million accounts created at the time. How much do you wanna bet that theres only a maximum of 1/5 of that number of people playing?

main: funnisam_9, got maxed melee and getting 99 prayer soon.

i have two pures, one is an atk pure: ha zgs ftw (28 atk, 18 prayer and 19 hp) and the other is funnibunnies (10atk, 6 str, 1 def, 1 prayer etc)

i go on those pures and train them because either i am bored training my main, or because i like the ability to feel how i did when i originally started playing (the best time you will ever have playing the game imo, all that time spent trying to wear goblin mail).

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

Well, I know this is going to make alot of people angry, but here it goes. I cannot understand the reason behind having multiple accounts.

Neither can I. I own about 7 accounts, but every time I go to one that's not my main, I tink exactly on the same lines you do. "WTF is the point of this? The time is better spent on my main". The result is that none of those other 6 accounts having a total higher than 150 or a combat higher than 20 while my main is 1931 total and 126 combat (p2p). I can find so purpose in multiple accounts either.

Except one: pures. I can see how that is beneficial, and perhaps even fun for some people. Personally though, I bore the hell outta myself when I try to make a pure. Plus I don't see them as very practical, as you can only pk for so long until your levels aren't optimal anymore.

Well, I know this is going to make alot of people angry, but here it goes. I cannot understand the reason behind having multiple accounts.

Neither can I. I own about 7 accounts, but every time I go to one that's not my main, I tink exactly on the same lines you do. "WTF is the point of this? The time is better spent on my main". The result is that none of those other 6 accounts having a total higher than 150 or a combat higher than 20 while my main is 1931 total and 126 combat (p2p). I can find so purpose in multiple accounts either.

Except one: pures. I can see how that is beneficial, and perhaps even fun for some people. Personally though, I bore the hell outta myself when I try to make a pure. Plus I don't see them as very practical, as you can only pk for so long until your levels aren't optimal anymore.

Wow, i'm glad a few people are out there that share my view. I have thought about trying another account just to see what it's like, but I just can't get myself to do it. Especially having to go throught the tutorial thingy all over again. I am so happy with my one account, can't think of starting over on another one.

Thanks for posting!!!

Drops/Clue Finds:

i made an extra account to fund my main, i trained combat on my main and cut yews on the other, since neither took much effort, but since the trade limit i don't really bother, but there's nothing more annoying when some combat level 60 tries talking about his so called lvl 130 main -.-

xQx.png

Drops: 2 Bandos chestplates 2 Bandos hilt, 2 Armadyl hilts, at least 3 of every single Barrows item. More splits than i can remember

i agree with the OP, i got a couple of accounts myself, but every time i try to raise their stats, it will only take 10-15mins to realise that it is terrebly boring to change between a lvl 118p2p and a lvl 75f2p... so usualy i just quit training and go back onto my main.

allthough, i understand the uses of pures and of pure skillers(well untill the trade limit)

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Certainly it's useless to create an account that trains one skill and you account switch, but back when pures were popular, that was the main reason for creating another account. Seriously, you could have 50 Ranged and be called a level 20. Skillers are generally worthless, but the only reason you see fault with playing multiple accounts is because pures are unpopular and unplayed now.

fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

Fishdert.png

I don't see the point in it either (except for pures obviously) but to each his own. As long as they don't log them in at the same time, it's not really hurting anyone. Some people have a weird obsession with collecting cabbage. Useless but harmless, so why stop them?

True. Multiple accounts don't really make much sence.

I tried it myself - i got bored. And i started thinking, why the hell am i wasting time on getting my str level to 10 on this one while i could try to get my str level to 99 on the other one?

I still got my main, but it will remain abandoned :)

Nogoingbacknow.png