[Updated 9 Dec] Reviving Smithing : Divinite

Zaaps1

Alright, before I add the orbs though we should settle the topic of how to get them. I know you mentioned earlier that they could be monster drops. I don't particularly like that idea, since the monsters have enough good things already, but it is workable. Are we keeping with that, or thinking of something new?

I'm throwing around ideas here. Perhaps they could be added to Treasure Trials? Or maybe when you mine any rock in the Mines, you have a chance of obtaining a special gem (as opposed to something like diamond, ruby, etc.) that can be cut into an orb?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't members also craft glass? If I am correct, I would suggest a crafting tie-in where you can mine a specific gem (assuming these are god tie-ins what with the shield bit) with which you can cut it then craft an orb via glass-blowing or some such thing. Also I would suggest that the option be added to put these on top of the staves, as I think they're a bit plain at the moment.

Incorporating Crafting would work, but it would deviate from the purpose of the suggestion: to boost smithing (and mining, to an extent, but that is no longer necessary imo).

I like the idea of adding them to staves. Maybe even to weapons?

Incorporating Crafting would work, but it would deviate from the purpose of the suggestion: to boost smithing (and mining, to an extent, but that is no longer necessary imo).

I like the idea of adding them to staves. Maybe even to weapons?

I like the idea of incorporating crafting. Yes, it would deviate from the purpose of the suggestion, but you'd still need to mine "shards" of the orbs or something.

I have no objection to adding the orbs to staves, but I disagree about adding them to melee/ranged weapons, as melee has already more than enough weapons personally. Adding orbs to bows and all that sounds a bit weird, IMHO. If your "weapons" mean magic weapons, I'm sorry I misunderstood them.

One objection to only adding orbs to staves is that it would make the magic portion of the update more powerful than the others.

To add an orb to a melee weapon, you could imbue it into the hilt. As such:

http://www.omegaartworks.com/images/omega/sylvan-oak-sword1

Something similar could be done to the middle of the bow/crossbow for range weapons.

This sounds like a nice idea, however there is a flaw to it.

If the Divinite armor and weapons are not considered the best (or one of the best) by many, then people will neglect it. If this happens, then Smithing will still not be fixed.

Fix your spacing in your suggestion btw.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

In other words, Sonic, once it becomes outdated it will no longer accomplish its purpose.

Which is true, but if you think of it that way, there there is no solution to anything, because every single "fix" and be made obsolete by another update.

I like it, it'd be pretty cool to have something like this introduced into the game. I might even work on my mining and smithing just to make this stuff.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

This sounds like a nice idea, however there is a flaw to it.

If the Divinite armor and weapons are not considered the best (or one of the best) by many, then people will neglect it. If this happens, then Smithing will still not be fixed.

Fix your spacing in your suggestion btw.

So according to your definition, everything other than the top equipment is obsolete. Which is clearly not the case. So there.

In other words, Sonic, once it becomes outdated it will no longer accomplish its purpose.

Which is true, but if you think of it that way, there there is no solution to anything, because every single "fix" and be made obsolete by another update.

What I'm saying, is that you should make the armor with (sorta) overpowered stats, so everyone will come and buy the armor/weapons and make Smithing a very profitable skill again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Does "sorta overpowered" mean "stronger than current weapons"? If so, then I've done that. The weapons are, generally speaking, better than current weapons.

If you mean to make them even STRONGER, you will need to be more specific.

Does "sorta overpowered" mean "stronger than current weapons"? If so, then I've done that. The weapons are, generally speaking, better than current weapons.

If you mean to make them even STRONGER, you will need to be more specific.

Don't make them stronger. It'll just draw a lot of flaming and posts like "holy [bleep] (insert weapon) is [bleep] overpowered!" and all that. I like the weapons as they are now. Not TOO powerful, but good enough to draw A LOT of people back to smithing/mining.

I've got a small idea.

If you wear the full Divinite armor set (doesn't matter which combat style), there is a chance of counter-damaging your opponent of 120% the damage your opponents dealt. There is also a chance of reflecting any range and magic attacks back at the user. You also have a better chance of hitting through others' prayer, and preventing player attacks from hitting through your prayer.

Dunno if this works, but I'm just putting it up there.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Interesting idea, but what does it accomplish?

Interesting idea, but what does it accomplish?

Gives people an incentive to wear the full sets of armor.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Well the full sets already give the bonus of being able to reduce/block damage.

Concept Art for Metalsilver is now up thanks to Hawkxs!

Well the full sets already give the bonus of being able to reduce/block damage.

Probably apply them to individual sets?

Melee: Chance of reflecting range/magic projectiles back at the user, dealing 150% of the damage of the cast to the opponent.

Range: Chance of counter-damaging 150% of the damage of the attack to the opponent.

Magic: Chance of you hitting through prayer more often, and avoiding players hitting through your prayer.

All sets would have the reduce/block damage though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

My point is, how would this be a popular improvement over the current system?

My point is, how would this be a popular improvement over the current system?

Because, currently as far as I know, there aren't any armor that has this kind of property. (If you don't count DFS...)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Right, but how would that help?

Right, but how would that help?

Would make PvP and boss hunting more interesting.

Honestly I'm not so sure how to answer that, with me and my crap English skills. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog