dark bow frustration

EGmaestro

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said you haden't even collected 100 hits yet, when at least 1,000 would be required for any sort of results.

where did i say that?? :?:

ive been using the d bow for a while now and ive used it for way, way more than 100 hits, easily a few 1000

like ive said before, i dont care what test results you got im talking about me and my experiences, not yours

I personally just rent out my D bow right now since I'm not doing any ranging. After a few more rentals, it'll be paid off in full :roll:

now that is a good idea ;)

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

where did i say that?? :?:

ive been using the d bow for a while now and ive used it for way, way more than 100 hits, easily a few 1000

like ive said before, i dont care what test results you got im talking about me and my experiences, not yours

I hate to break it to you, but both of us are playing the same game and as such, using the same hit calculator.

ill do the 100 hits and find the amount of 0's like u suggested tho, ill repost when i find out.

You never reposted.

Since you seem to have finished that, then let's see your hit log. I'll post mine and we can compare results to see just where your source of error is.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I've noticed you like aruging alot. This is rants forums what do you expect people to do?

To rant, not make up a complete lie based on incomplete information and start crying when people prove them wrong.

How did you prove him wrong? You just said that he should shoot 100000 whatever times. Maybe he just got unlucky. Jeez, stop whining so much

How did you prove him wrong? You just said that he should shoot 100000 whatever times. Maybe he just got unlucky. Jeez, stop whining so much

Exactly my point. Thanks for proving it. He had a few bad shots, which does not mean the weapon is bad.

This is an example of the downfall of TIF - spammy threads like this that clog up the forum and hide the real rants. Good thing we have the rants forum guideline, the mods should be along in a page or two.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

ok first off when have i been crying, and who has proven me wrong? theres nothing to be proven here. alls i said was that my dark bow hits tends to hit lower and less often that lower leveled range weapons.

Dark bow CAN'T hit lower than conventional range weapons (bow+longbow) Assuming they use the same arrows and no spec, IT HITS EXACTLY the same damage because uses the same conventional method of damage calculation, because damage has nothing to do with the bow, and everything to do with the arrows, (and the spec), the only difference is dark bow has higher accuracy, and is much slower.

It hits the same as lower level ranged weapons, and is MORE accurate.

O.O

Dark bow CAN'T hit lower than conventional range weapons (bow+longbow) Assuming they use the same arrows and no spec, IT HITS EXACTLY the same damage because uses the same conventional method of damage calculation, because damage has nothing to do with the bow, and everything to do with the arrows, (and the spec), the only difference is dark bow has higher accuracy, and is much slower.

Detailed hit spread analysis by me of both weapons has led me to believe that dark bow's hits tend to be slightly higher then MSBs with the same arrow; this could be an intentional side effect associated with superior bow construction. At any rate, it certainly couldn't be seen in a sample size under 1,000, and it's effect is precisely the opposite of the OPs original, erroneous conclusion.

DeviledEgg24.png

Doesn't it have 100 or something ranged bonus? I think your problem is what you're killing. I took my dbow to vets PC at 74 ranged and I did fine.

Detailed hit spread analysis by me of both weapons has led me to believe that dark bow's hits tend to be slightly higher then MSBs with the same arrow; this could be an intentional side effect associated with superior bow construction. At any rate, it certainly couldn't be seen in a sample size under 1,000, and it's effect is precisely the opposite of the OPs original, erroneous conclusion.

Comp, I agree with you, but could you showyour data please? I would suggest killing NPCs with lower defence, then see if there are any changes in the bow performance. Also, a tip, its usually better to special attack just after a reasonably high hit. Try that, see if it impacts.

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

Comp, I agree with you, but could you showyour data please? I would suggest killing NPCs with lower defence, then see if there are any changes in the bow performance. Also, a tip, its usually better to special attack just after a reasonably high hit. Try that, see if it impacts.

I'm not going to post half a dozen screenshots of my information, and you couldn't do anything with it anyway. I can, however, point out to some cool data gathered by a friend of mine:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=1970

Magic shortbow (members only): Level 50 requirement & 69 range bonus

Dark bow (members only) Level 60 requirement & 95 range bonus

Hope that clears it up for you. He's a pretty reliable source, so I think you can trust the numbers more then the OP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Has anyone ever made a comparison between dark bow and mage short with the same ammo? Just wanna get xp per hour comparison.

A good test basis I would like to see is the comparison with mith ammos

Dark bow

Rune cross bow

mage short

mith knives

Add in the cost of lost ammos and we would get a good comparison.

This would only relates to ranged training and in no way could be used for pking purpose though.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Has anyone ever made a comparison between dark bow and mage short with the same ammo? Just wanna get xp per hour comparison.

A good test basis I would like to see is the comparison with mith ammos

Dark bow

Rune cross bow

mage short

mith knives

Add in the cost of lost ammos and we would get a good comparison.

This would only relates to ranged training and in no way could be used for pking purpose though.

Logically, dark bow would be better xp than the msb. That's because it fires 2 arrows in the same overall time that the msb does, and has a bigger ranged bonus to boot. However, for some reason that isn't always the case.

Logically, dark bow would be better xp than the msb. That's because it fires 2 arrows in the same overall time that the msb does, and has a bigger ranged bonus to boot. However, for some reason that isn't always the case.

Dark bow is 2x 4 bars speed, MSB is 6 bars speed. 1.8 seconds per arrow for MSB, 2.2 for dark bow. Source:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2010

DeviledEgg24.png

Dark bow is 2x 4 bars speed, MSB is 6 bars speed. 1.8 seconds per arrow for MSB, 2.2 for dark bow. Source:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2010

Ok, you got me there. I had a feeling I was off by a bit and I had a feeling you would correct me. :P

But still, dark bow is 26 ranged bonus higher than the MSB. The MSB is 82% of the Dark Bow's speed, but only 73% of the Dark Bow's power (accuracy and strength). So then statistically, the dark bow's extra bonuses make up for the slower speed.

Ok, you got me there. I had a feeling I was off by a bit and I had a feeling you would correct me. :P

But still, dark bow is 26 ranged bonus higher than the MSB. The MSB is 82% of the Dark Bow's speed, but only 73% of the Dark Bow's power (accuracy and strength). So then statistically, the dark bow's extra bonuses make up for the slower speed.

Nope, there are other factors like range level that come into play with power, but speed stands alone. So bonuses have a much smaller effect then speed, as there are multiple variables. In a war with a weapon with +50 range and double the speed vs. +100 range and half the speed, the +50 range would always win - there would be a noticeable accuracy drop, but it would be insignificant compared to the speed difference.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, there are other factors like range level that come into play with power, but speed stands alone. So bonuses have a much smaller effect then speed, as there are multiple variables. In a war with a weapon with +50 range and double the speed vs. +100 range and half the speed, the +50 range would always win - there would be a noticeable accuracy drop, but it would be insignificant compared to the speed difference.

Are you saying that the higher leveled you are, the less effective the dbow becomes?

But all that makes sense. I think I can remember evidence to support it myself from my own experience.

Are you saying that the higher leveled you are, the less effective the dbow becomes?

But all that makes sense. I think I can remember evidence to support it myself from my own experience.

Not really, although that would apply too; I'm simply saying that speed is the sole factor on one side of the damage debate, whereas bonuses and levels work together - halve the speed, and the damage is halved. Halve the range bonus, and the damage is reduced from 0-<50%.

It's cold, hard numbers :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Anyway even if dark bow had the same damage per second as msb, it wouldn't be more effective.

Overkill means a lot of wasted damage if your killing a weak monster. Eg, if you hit 30 with a dark bow when a monster has 10 hp left, youve just wasted 20 damage.

O.O

Anyway even if dark bow had the same damage per second as msb, it wouldn't be more effective.

Overkill means a lot of wasted damage if your killing a weak monster. Eg, if you hit 30 with a dark bow when a monster has 10 hp left, youve just wasted 20 damage.

Yep, a trade off that must be accounted for in weapons of varying speed. The effect becomes more and more pronounced the lower the HP of the monster.

DeviledEgg24.png

But the toy is the best of its kind, so why not use it.

It's worse xp.

It's worse xp.

Thread reading fail. Dark bow spec with d arrows isn't worse XP then MSB, last time I checked.

DeviledEgg24.png

It's worse xp.

Thread reading fail. Dark bow spec with d arrows isn't worse XP then MSB, last time I checked.

Who trains with a dark bow with *dragon* arrows when knives, chincompas, and the bone crossbow are superior and cheaper?