high level monsters to range with 73+ range?

EGmaestro

so im level 68 cb, with 73 (almost 74) range, 45 def and 44 pray. my other cb stats arnt worth mentioning here, they're not that good. i have plenty of equipment to range with, im trying to find a good place with high level monsters that isnt miles away from a bank. any one have any suggestions? also, i want to be able to get good drops while training, hence the bank issue. ive been training at the blue dragons in the members dungeon, making some good money there, however its such a long walk to the nearest bank that its getting frustrating.

any suggestions are welcome. :D

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

Aviansies.

since his defence isn't ranked he would have to use pray and it would help to get it over 44

Beats the hell out of blue dragons to be sure. Besides at level 40 prayer you only use twice the prayer pots as level 99.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Aviansies.

since his defence isn't ranked he would have to use pray and it would help to get it over 44

Beats the hell out of blue dragons to be sure. Besides at level 40 prayer you only use twice the prayer pots as level 99.

yes but higher would help

i was reading through the GWD guide here a few min ago and i dont even think i can access the dungeon, dont have 60 str or agility. even if i did, is it possible for me to range aviansies with out a ton of risk at my level? i was thinking about aviansies but im not sure..

yea thats what i was thinking, my pray wouldnt last long in that dungeon, and i cant afford to raise my pray to 60+ without it completely ruining my combat level. im focusing on range only atm, my goal is 80. (im trying to keep my range level higher than my cb level, ive messed that up enough for now, curse you monkey madness!! :evil: ::' )

Aviansies aren't risky. Besides 60 strength is easy to get. It'll raise your combat level but you'll be able to train your range much more efficiently and that won't be a problem. :)

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

kk ill think about geting that 60 str up. im 49 right now :-# however all that time spent getting 60 str to get to aviansies is time that could be spent working on my range, cause getting from 73 to 80 is alot of xp. but ill think about it.

What, a couple hours at most? Aviansies are the best range training spot in the game besides chinning at ape atoll.

ahhhhh not ape atoll!!!! god how i hate that place -.-

dont get me wrong i definetly want to go to aviansies i just want to focus on only range atm. ill have to get that 60 str eventually..maybe after 75 range...?

Well if you wanna wait till 75 ranged, then why not just do some slayer tasks and range them? Sure, its not the fastest ranged exp, but like llamster said, aviansies are the best besides ape atoll...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Slay or aviansies, there are plenty of guides...

Range slayer is awful. Slower than melee slayer which isn't very fast to begin with.

No.

hm that might make it kinda difficult with my low prayer and defence..

Bring a Saradomin item and a Zamorak item.

Pray Protect From Range.

Don't let your prayer run out.

It's not difficult -- you just need to pay some attention.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

everyone so far has said aviansies, is there anywhere else that provides good range xp and drops besides there?

(preferably somewhere with safespots) :pray:

u could try armoured zombies or wat ever they are

Noooo.... Armoured Zombies are for MELEE xp, and requires defender of varrock. I'd actually suggest green dragons tbh, with your relatively low ranged level, east of clanwars is perfect, though you must be careful of revs and be on a noncrowded world. You don't HAVE to safespot, it's possible to just bring alot of food and kill them normally. I have no idea about xp rates for green dragons though, which is a shame.

Have a try at aviansies, try killing greens and blues, then decide for yourself what you WANT to kill.

everyone so far has said aviansies, is there anywhere else that provides good range xp and drops besides there?

(preferably somewhere with safespots) :pray:

You don't need safespots for aviansies. Just bring a nearly full inventory of prayer potions, and pray range. Really easy.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Noooo.... Armoured Zombies are for MELEE xp, and requires defender of varrock. I'd actually suggest green dragons tbh, with your relatively low ranged level, east of clanwars is perfect, though you must be careful of revs and be on a noncrowded world. You don't HAVE to safespot, it's possible to just bring alot of food and kill them normally. I have no idea about xp rates for green dragons though, which is a shame.

Have a try at aviansies, try killing greens and blues, then decide for yourself what you WANT to kill.

yea i was at green drags for a while, i stopped because it was really bad xp, the only reason being because of the revs making me log out every few min and waiting for them to leave..then i went to blues, its much easier and makes more money.. only thing left is 2 try aviansies i guess..