This report ACTUALLY went through...?

NoobelPrize

[hide=evidence][Confident message][/hide]

0.3 BM -1.8 BM and a mute?

Uhmm.... what the hell?

feedback + lols are welcome.

P.S. sorry about noobie forum skills! ;D

------------------------------------------------------------

I read the rules for posting "Unfair ban/mute" and I thought that I was in the clear.

This was not a message from Jagex.

You need to make a sticky on how to post "unfair forum moderations" ;D

P.S. CompFreak don't be so uptight.

Against rules to post messages from Jagex, but it's fairly obvious the sexual reference was what got you the punishment. Sexual harassment\asking for a GF is a clear violation of the rules.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Against rules to post messages from Jagex, but it's fairly obvious the sexual reference was what got you the punishment. Sexual harassment\asking for a GF is a clear violation of the rules.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. But do you honestly want to give someone a blackmark for this? Explaining this as "sexual harassment" is just pathetic and extremely farfetched. The rules are there to prevent abuse. Not to nail every player possible to more blackmarks.

This just isn't reasonable anymore.

Yeah you screwed yourself with the "let's make ghost babies" part.

I wonder here -- did the other person get any blackmarks for that? I don't know if there's a way to answer that, but it seems that their infraction on the rules was more significant than yours, so I wonder if they got blackmarks.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Yeah, you're absolutely right. But do you honestly want to give someone a blackmark for this? Explaining this as "sexual harassment" is just pathetic and extremely farfetched. The rules are there to prevent abuse. Not to nail every player possible to more blackmarks.

While I agree with your point, stuff like this is inevitable in the legal system. It's important to be consistent, because if they let this guy slide, then they'd have to let the next guy slide who said something just a little worse.

For example, if you are someone who is 47.5 inches tall, you try to go on a ride with a 48 inch requirement, and the employee let's you on because "half an inch is nothing" then the person behind you who is 47 inches tall can use the same argument and be allowed to ride... and the person behind them who is 46.5 can say the same... and so on.

It's a slippery slope so lines must be drawn and enforced.

I wonder here -- did the other person get any blackmarks for that? I don't know if there's a way to answer that, but it seems that their infraction on the rules was more significant than yours, so I wonder if they got blackmarks.

When someone reports, doesn't Jagex receive a snapshot of what the offender and reporter say, but no one else? That would mean that the other guy reported the OP, which is just dumb...

Or when you report, does Jagex see everything? Then the OP was just dumb to say it in public chat, let alone go along with it. Still, I can't imagine Jagex having to sort through every single thing in the chatbox when someone reports, say, a RWT'er advertising a website in world 2 GE.

While I agree with your point, stuff like this is inevitable in the legal system. It's important to be consistent, because if they let this guy slide, then they'd have to let the next guy slide who said something just a little worse.

For example, if you are someone who is 47.5 inches tall, you try to go on a ride with a 48 inch requirement, and the employee let's you on because "half an inch is nothing" then the person behind you who is 47 inches tall can use the same argument and be allowed to ride... and the person behind them who is 46.5 can say the same... and so on.

It's a slippery slope so lines must be drawn and enforced.

It's not a slippery slope. This is simply making something out of something unharmful. Sexual harassment? Come on. Where's the sense in that. That's just trying to get someone to break the rules and give him a blackmark, instead of balancing whether the user is at fault or not.

Not just 1 BM but 1.5! ;D

Sorry about the messages from Jagex thing.. I read the rules of posting these, but I thought I was in the clear with the picture of "EVIDENCE."

Before that, he was asking me to make GHOST BABIES..............................

P.S. I WASN'T ASKING FOR A GF LOL. I'm not gay..

It's not like Jagex is eager to give out blackmarks...

They had their reasons. You probably can't appeal it until you get more blackmarks, but there's no need. Don't break any rules and it won't matter.

On this topic, I got wbm'd and 1 blackmark for saying that was drug use in middle school. :wall:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

They had their reasons. You probably can't appeal it until you get more blackmarks, but there's no need. Don't break any rules and it won't matter.

On this topic, I got wbm'd and 1 blackmark for saying that was drug use in middle school. :wall:

1. JAGEX LOVES MESSING WITH MY HEAD.

2. What rule did I break!? :c

Well, they certainly aren't trying to avoid that stereotype.

LOL @ you're argument tearing all the others appart ;)

Seriously, 'Lets me ghost babies'. It's illogical, cannot be done, and is impossible. How does this get a black mark?

If I where to say 'Lets have babies and have a rape with each other', then yes a black mark.

But holy [cabbage] Jagex, loosen up, he just ENCOURAGED this guy to break a rule. Yup and he gets the blame for saying a widdle joke? Wub u jagex :)

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

i also recently got a mute and marks due to something stupid bs. tbh i didn't even read the message from them because i knew it was bs. the only thing that i can think of that i did wrong was say, " i ate ur mom" after someone said, " i ate pie."

but w/e

also my previous mute was a typo that came out "jew", which was not what i intended.

but w/e

i thought jagex was trying to steer away from the whole "RS is for kids and we have to protect the little kiddies" idea.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

Ah yes, "making babies" is totally non-sexual. How could it possible be construed as such? I mean, I would NEVER get in trouble if I walked up to a random person in the street and said "hey, wanna make babies?"

Use your head, people. ALL sex-related talk is outlawed on RS, ranging from "be my GF" to various statement not appropriate for this forum.

As and for the rule, don't even try and pretend you don't know what rule it was. Not only do they tell you directly on the account page (hell, it's even in your screenshot... notice the words "offense type"), but the title of "offensive language" sort of gives it away. -.-

Honestly people, use your brains. Walking up to someone you don't know in real life and asking "wanna make babies" is something that will land you in a considerable amount of trouble. Do it in an online game with much stricter rules on language and sexuality then your average street corner, and your ASKING for a mute.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Use your head, people. ALL sex-related talk is outlawed on RS, ranging from "be my GF" to various statement not appropriate for this forum.

Well, I don't think it'll go as far as the gf/bf thing, although it's kinda sad anyway.

Ah yes, "making babies" is totally non-sexual. How could it possible be construed as such? I mean, I would NEVER get in trouble if I walked up to a random person in the street and said "hey, wanna make babies?"

As and for the rule, don't even try and pretend you don't know what rule it was. Not only do they tell you directly on the account page (hell, it's even in your screenshot... notice the words "offense type"), but the title of "offensive language" sort of gives it away. -.-

Honestly people, use your brains. Walking up to someone you don't know in real life and asking "wanna make babies" is something that will land you in a considerable amount of trouble. Do it in an online game with much stricter rules on language and sexuality then your average street corner, and your ASKING for a mute.

You totally lost sense of context. How about a little less black and white? If you really think that little chat was anything *really* sexual you're sense of interpretation is just totally lost.

Yeah, I know that making babies requires sex. But jokingly saying "making ghost babies" in some sort of chat context is not the same as walking up to someone and asking that person to make babies.

Context.

What's next? Banning people whenever they use the words "make" and "babies" together in one sentence?

You totally lost sense of context. How about a little less black and white? If you really think that little chat was anything *really* sexual you're sense of interpretation is just totally lost.

Yeah, I know that making babies requires sex. But jokingly saying "making ghost babies" in some sort of chat context is not the same as walking up to someone and asking that person to make babies.

Context

What's next? Banning people whenever they use the words "make" and "babies" together in one sentence?

And you lost sense of context. Sorry, but these are real people your talking to, not an animated computer avatar. Try walking up to a female co-worker or student that you've never before seen in your life, and ask them loudly if they want to make babies. See what happens.

Well, I don't think it'll go as far as the gf/bf thing, although it's kinda sad anyway.

What? You do know they already banned discussion of gf\bfs long ago, and are handing out heavy punishments for such?

DeviledEgg24.png

What? You do know they already banned discussion of gf\bfs long ago, and are handing out heavy punishments for such?

As it happens I do not remember that. Is this on RSOF? I really don't bother with RSOF much at all so I wouldn't know the slightest thing about their rules.