killing aberrant spectre in pollnivneach slayer dungeon

thealian2

Got this hughe problem.

As slayer task i need to kill aberrant sceptres in pollniveach.

So before entering i wear masked earmuffs.

Then i continue passed the barrier and go down to the room of the aberrant sceptres.

If i start attacking them all my stats : lowered. and they hit me 11 each time.

If i wear nosepeg then the smoke start to kill me with 10 and it says "sputter".

If i wear spiny helmet, the stagnant smoke air chokes me.

I black d'hide to protect me from mage.

Whatever i wear i get hit.

HELP HELP

thealian2

After Smoking Kills you will have access to cannonable Aberrant Spectres. Using the Slayer Ring teleport to Pollnivneach go down the well into the Slayer Dungeon. Once in go north then West. Then take the stairs and go north. Set up your cannon and fire, stopping only to reload your cannon and pick up drops. Prayer is a necessity and Slayer Helmet recommended.

Oddly enough you can cannon them using just the nosepeg. Without a facemask you will take damage down to 1 HP from the smoke but you won't die. So if you have your Mage Prayer on while avoiding a swarm or angry dwarf, you can complete the task. Risky but an option for those who have yet to obtain their slayer helmet.

So if i buy a slayer helmet from sumona my problems are solved.

Yes.

The poli dungeon is only really usable for slaying after you get the helm.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Also cannon in Smoking Kills dungeon is totally pointless against Spectres.

1. They attack with range and don't move so you have to run around picking up drops

2. Spectres are great cash. Why ruin this by wasting most of it on cannonballs.

3. It is actually quicker killing them one on one with a zammy brew, super strength and mage prayer.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

1. They attack with range and don't move so you have to run around picking up drops

3. It is actually quicker killing them one on one with a zammy brew, super strength and mage prayer.

Money might not be a problem for some people, they might want fast exp. And killing them one on one is faster than cannoning? Or did I misunderstand?

Zamuraii.png

Zamuraii.png

zamuraii.png

Money might not be a problem for some people, they might want fast exp. And killing them one on one is faster than cannoning? Or did I misunderstand?

I found it faster to kill one on one yes. Trick is if one passes you when you are fighting another to whack it so it stays nearby. Save loadsa time running around picking up drops (which are plentiful here).

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I found it faster to kill one on one yes. Trick is if one passes you when you are fighting another to whack it so it stays nearby. Save loadsa time running around picking up drops (which are plentiful here).

Oh I see! That would really save some time and money, will try it out when I get these as task.

zamuraii.png

Zamuraii.png

It's possible to kill them there without the slayer helmet, unless it's been changed..

The smoke damage from the dungeon can't KO you. So set up your cannon and mage pray. You will be brought to 1 HP. Make sure you don't run out of prayer or you will die from a mage attack.

Don't bother killing specs in the well until you have a slayer helm. The smoke doesn't kill you so it is possible if you pray but it's very annoying and wasteful.

Annoying and wasteful? It's the exact same thing. You shouldn't run out of prayer, ever; if you lag out you can just 'x-log' and the game will log you out after a minute.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

You can't (safely) prayer flash in the well.

Oh, you mean killing them without a cannon? Tanking with Karil's is easier and safer, costs the same or a bit more.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: