COME ON? A mute for this?

ArmadylArcher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the time i got 2 black marks for saying "Ahoy there Nubkinz!" to a friend. some git thought he'd be funny and report. (appeal accepted though so its gone but you get my meaning).

Seems like a bit of a tangle on Jagex's horrid behalf yet again.

Off Topic: Who the heck is Donald Trump?

Popoto.~<3

dude...talk about a ton of brotherly hate?...i'm from vancouver...and although i personally think that the general american population could do to lose 40pounds...facts are...almost every intelligent person comes from the states.....steven hawking, bill gates, donald trump, heck even vince mcmahon (chairman of wwe).....americans may be the fatter than sea-cows...but dumb they are not......

Just a point of information; Stephen Hawking is ENGLISH, he was born in Oxford, England.

Check your history to find if "almost every intelligent person comes from the states", I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised!

Who thought to report that. Even the Pmods would probably laugh. I guess you need to put a 'lol' at the end or type a 'jk' line or something to show your not serious. Makes me wonder how I got through 5 years of RS without a black mark. I know people must have reported me before.

What I expect happened, is the jmod who got the report is either having a bad day, or more likely, recently delt with a few racist players. Someone who is already in a bad mood is more likely to deal out a harser punishment. It's not fair, but its human. The worlds not fair anyways.

Off Topic: Who the heck is Donald Trump?

A rich buisnessman in NYC, he has a T.V show. Famous for saying "Your fired"

That's about it.

Back on topic...

I'm american, and I say far worse things than that all of the time. I don't beleive that is a fair mute.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

dude...talk about a ton of brotherly hate?...i'm from vancouver...and although i personally think that the general american population could do to lose 40pounds...facts are...almost every intelligent person comes from the states.....steven hawking, bill gates, donald trump, heck even vince mcmahon (chairman of wwe).....americans may be the fatter than sea-cows...but dumb they are not......

Just a point of information; Stephen Hawking is ENGLISH, he was born in Oxford, England.

Check your history to find if "almost every intelligent person comes from the states", I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised!

I'm american, and I'm not fat in any way.... :shock: That is something though, that could be interprited as a reportable comment though...

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem...

I was permanently muted :evil: (now unmuted :thumbsup: ) for going on an Australian server and JOKINGLY saying "U.S.A. owns Aussie." Honestly, I have NOTHING against Australia. It was a joke making up for something else... but that's another story. I feel your pain.

How is "U.S.A. owns Aussie." racist?

And to stay on topic...

I don't take any offense to what you said (all politics aside :wall: ). I laughed when I first read it. My guess would be that there are more p2p members from the U.S. than anywhere else, and JaGEx doesn't want to lose their money from their largest player-base by them (possibly) being offended. And if JaGEx received the report, chances are some overly-patriotic person reported you :thumbdown: , therefore taking offense to what you said.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Totally unfair black marks.

You should be muted if you were trying to be offensive, yet there is a lot of confusion about what is against the rules and what's not. I think Jagex just doesn't explain well what is against the rules and what's not...

What kind of Community do our chars live in if they can't even make a joke anymore? :lol:

Seriously though, this is a rediculous reason to mute someone, nevermind give them TWO black marks.

Watch out, if you make four more jokes you'll be banned :ohnoes:

LiChef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

That's the most ridiculous piece of crap I've heard. At least the people who heard it should be understanding enough to applaud your raw wit. Reporting you is just sadistic. YA COMMIE. No I kid <33 :) <3:

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Yea, the mute and blackmarks is pretty ridiculous for this "offence".

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015