COME ON? A mute for this?

ArmadylArcher

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, ok. But this is honestly the first time I heard of someone being RACIST against Americans. I've heard angry, displeased, hating, or completely against Americans, but never racism.

So because you haven't heard it, it has never happened? Sorry if I seem patronizing, I'm just trying to figure out what your trying to say :P

Not everything someone says is to spark discussion, there's no real reason why I said that. It's just a remark I'd like to make, there's nothing more to it. I'm simply saying that I'm surprised Jagex would even take this seriously since I've never heard anything about racisms againt americans.

I can see what your trying to get at, it's a thought. Then again, we don't know that that's what he was banned for - it could easily have been another more offensive comment in the evidence that he missed.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Hmm, ok. But this is honestly the first time I heard of someone being RACIST against Americans. I've heard angry, displeased, hating, or completely against Americans, but never racism.

So because you haven't heard it, it has never happened? Sorry if I seem patronizing, I'm just trying to figure out what your trying to say :P

Not everything someone says is to spark discussion, there's no real reason why I said that. It's just a remark I'd like to make, there's nothing more to it. I'm simply saying that I'm surprised Jagex would even take this seriously since I've never heard anything about racisms againt americans.

I can see what your trying to get at, it's a thought. Then again, we don't know that that's what he was banned for - it could easily have been another more offensive comment in the evidence that he missed.

That's true, but he also can't post the entire message if I understand the rules correct?

That's true, but he also can't post the entire message if I understand the rules correct?

Yep, so I'm just going off the fact that the 50 or so "rants" I've seen about "unfair" banning\muteing have ALL been proven to be fair. See the thread a few days ago about this to see another example.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

My best advice is to keep such conversations among friends - by doing so, if they stab you, then you most likely can stab back. :twisted: Well, that's not my point. :wall: My point is: you're more vulnerable in public chat than in private chat or clan chat. By talking in the ladder 2 chats, you'll most likely avoid another "unfair" ban or marking for saying something that may be considered as "racist".

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

I get a reply back saying I was being RACIST to americans.

I said that in the original post...why do you doubt my rant so much? It seems you're going out of your way to disprove it's authenticity ...to which I can't understand why anyone would create a false rant ...I can see why someone would (for attention)...though...why would I want or NEED that kind of attention? I get enough attention \' from everywhere.

I'm just noting I find your arguments a bit strange... though.. I don't openly care, I feel a lot better knowing that most in this thread agree with me that they were out of line and I wasn't being *horribly* offensive to constitute a mute.

My best advice is to keep such conversations among friends - by doing so, if they stab you, then you most likely can stab back. :twisted: Well, that's not my point. :wall: My point is: you're more vulnerable in public chat than in private chat or clan chat. By talking in the ladder 2 chats, you'll most likely avoid another "unfair" ban or marking for saying something that may be considered as "racist".

That was actually the wisest post I've seen on this thread. I agree completely.

Be careful when you speak in public chat\untrusted clan chats. If you aren't sure if a comment could be taken as racist, DON'T say it. Yes, I discuss various methods for RWT and how to avoid getting banned for it (not that I'd ever do it, just a discussion) in a clan chat, but ONLY with close friends. Careful what you say, you never know what could offend.

DeviledEgg24.png

dude...talk about a ton of brotherly hate?...i'm from vancouver...and although i personally think that the general american population could do to lose 40pounds...facts are...almost every intelligent person comes from the states.....steven hawking, bill gates, donald trump, heck even vince mcmahon (chairman of wwe).....americans may be the fatter than sea-cows...but dumb they are not......

div>

dude...talk about a ton of brotherly hate?...i'm from vancouver...and although i personally think that the general american population could do to lose 40pounds...facts are...almost every intelligent person comes from the states.....steven hawking, bill gates, donald trump, heck even vince mcmahon (chairman of wwe).....americans may be the fatter than sea-cows...but dumb they are not......

Wrong. China, Germany, and Japan are 3 major countries that have higher average IQ then the US (Source: http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/many ... versions/1)

DeviledEgg24.png

Don't get me wrong, I don't really hate americans....I don't hate anyone as a matter of fact (maybe a couple of people actually) but certainly not an entire race. Hell my great-grandad was a billionaire in NY; I think a bit of my family may be american by blood...but in all respect that's not very relevant...this isn't a question of hate or racism, its misinterpretation.

A couple of girlfriends ago in the past I was dating a woman originally from the southern states. Beautiful place. Beautiful accents. :thumbsup: I'd love to get a citizenship to the USA if it meant keeping my 37 other ones (still a melting pot theme going on down there or what?).

Lets change this into.

Jagex won't let you give evidence incase they are wrong.

Also America is a pretty dumb country on average, (no offence) and its more telling the truth and not being racist.

I said that in the original post...why do you doubt my rant so much? It seems you're going out of your way to disprove it's authenticity ...to which I can't understand why anyone would create a false rant ...I can see why someone would (for attention)...though...why would I want or NEED that kind of attention? I get enough attention \' from everywhere.

I agree, compfreak, why are you going out of your way to disprove a rant that is probably true, there is no reason to create a false rant.

And by the way just post evidence and even if it gets deleted we all know there will be proof.

O.O

I agree, compfreak, why are you going out of your way to disprove a rant that is probably true, there is no reason to create a false rant.

And by the way just post evidence and even if it gets deleted we all know there will be proof.

Define "probably true". I'm going with "probably not true" based on the fact that out of dozens of "rants" posted about this, not a SINGLE one has been proven to be true.

I didn't get 3 day mutes until I reached the orange zone so you've probably been in trouble quite a few times already, hence the harsh punishment.

That too. Not to mention the fact that the OP simply assumed which remark got him the mute - it's quite likely there was another, more serious infraction that he didn't recognize in the report, or additional factors that made it much worse then the terse description he posted.

DeviledEgg24.png

My thinking is that nobody is ever REALLY deep-down offended, there's just kind of a "thing" that if someone makes jokes like that, people report them.

Has Jagex EVER seen the joke side of things and not just the "omg, oh no jagex, hold my hand, i'm scaredy, oh no joke will hurt me!"? Of course not. No reason to expect the morons in the game and the morons that handle reports to change. :roll: .

PM me for fitocracy invite

Okay. First off, Racism is against a certain RACE, such as Asians, Mexicans, Blacks, or Whites. American is a type of background.

Anyways. Just send them a message calling them idiots and that your First Amendment was violated and threaten to sue.

British is standing up for the Americans. Americans make fun of Canadians and British, no trouble. British make fun of Americans, no trouble. Canadians make fun of Americans, and you get muted :lol:

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Okay. First off, Racism is against a certain RACE, such as Asians, Mexicans, Blacks, or Whites. American is a type of background.

Anyways. Just send them a message calling them idiots and that your First Amendment was violated and threaten to sue.

British is standing up for the Americans. Americans make fun of Canadians and British, no trouble. British make fun of Americans, no trouble. Canadians make fun of Americans, and you get muted :lol:

lol...this entire incident is making me laugh...snw's point adds a bit of humor to this...you want a canadian who made fun of americans to use a famous piece of american law to try and get a mute repealed on an american-made game that is played on a japanese computer....

and they say that theworld is simpleto understand....lol

div>

I don't think it's a good reason for a mute, but if you change america to something else a lot of people would say it's racist.

Like if they were talking about, say, the south african intelligence agencies, and you said the same thing about South africa/ns, it could easily be interpreted badly

Anyways,

Terrible argument. If American isn't a race, than Mexican sure as hell isn't either. If I were to say "All swedes are idiots", it's still racism.

Plus, you apparently know nothing about the constitution. One: His first amendment wasn't violated. That only means he won't be punished by the American Government for what he says. Jagex is british, for a start, so that wouldn't apply at all. Other people can punish you for what you say. That's why you can't go into your office, start swearing at everyone, insulting people, and such, and then claiming freedom of speech.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

only a loser with poor self esteem like jagex would have to give you a mute for that. (sarcasm)

anyhow. its commonplace. happens all the time if we make stupid jokes about races, religions, or ethnics.