A brief moment of empathy

strilmus

this is runescape... not the matrix... the man youre harrassing has no family, no mind, hes not even a man... just a computer controlled character made for the sole purpose of being killed.
Prove it. Prove it for me, little man! Show me that this man is not self-aware and has not suffered through untold suffering simply so we can have our precious three gp and is not, even now, in the throes of fiery hatred, planning, plotting, the downfall of the puny fleshlings whom take such pleasure in his misery.

But the dwarfs totally deserve it.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Actually, the mustached bandit gives 50 gp per pocket swipe, and the Menaphite 60 gp.

Which adds up to quite a lot if you're punctual about it....but I've already explained that more or less.

8f14270694.jpg

I always felt bad for the baker who I always stole pastries from. I couldn't believe the rate at which he was baking them. What made it more unbelievable is he just stood around, without any sort of range anywhere close by!

theistsRdim.png

I always felt bad for the baker who I always stole pastries from. I couldn't believe the rate at which he was baking them. What made it more unbelievable is he just stood around, without any sort of range anywhere close by!

there must be more then one baker he must just be the head of them.

I believe that the stalls in Runescape are fueled by some magic mechanism that delivers goods from Make-X sweatshops.

or that could work

anyway ive killed bandits and i'd say thats a bit worse then beating him up and stealing his money.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Wish I could make myself thieve that much.. I'll never get 75! :XD: About your post... no I can't say I feel much sympathy for the NPC's. :P They're just some zero's and one's kicking around in cyber space, doing what they were prescribed to do. These ones were told to let us take their money (though not necessarily always without a fight) and that's what we do. Thieving sucks to train. -.-

Blakdragon39.png

Wish I could make myself thieve that much.. I'll never get 75! :XD: About your post... no I can't say I feel much sympathy for the NPC's. :P They're just some zero's and one's kicking around in cyber space, doing what they were prescribed to do. These ones were told to let us take their money (though not necessarily always without a fight) and that's what we do. Thieving sucks to train. -.-

All we are is pretty much a bunch of arranged quarks, that differ by spin and charge. Sure maybe now the npc's are crudely built, but you never know, maybe one of these days AI will get so good that they will be considered quasi-living beings. Npcs have rights too!

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Great post really :mrgreen: Sometimes I do wonder how those Level 2 Men feel when people kill them over and over again, must be torture. Oh and I've always found it very disturbing that you can kill gnome children in the Gnome Stronghold.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS