' N O R R ii E ' + + Blog to Mastering Runescape

For some reason I could not find this blog, I almost panicked. Weird.

College is good so far, nothing really eventful except a lot of parties and things like that, but when you're at one of the top 10 party schools in the nation, you kind of expect it.

It's a lot of fun, anyways.

So with double exp weekend coming up, I (like many, many others) have decided to use it for herblore.

Now, if I can buy all the herbs I need it will be a miracle, but I'm going to try regardless.

I will only need to make somewhere around 7k super energies to get to 85, and I'll be putting the herbs in vials beforehand, so I should be able to do around 2k pots per hour.

I'm also doing pengs beforehand. I just finished this week's pengs and got 78, and they'll reset tonight so I'll be able to do it again tomorrow for another little boost of exp. And then again the wednesday before double exp. So that'll save me a little bit of cash.

Hopefully at some point I'll actually be able to buy my herbs and seconds on the GE. Haven't had too much luck so far (only about 85 avantoes out of 7200..), but I haven't even had my offers in for 24 hours yet so I should get it all eventually.

Until then, I'll be slaying to try and make up for the ridiculously large amount of money I'm spending on this.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

I like your blog ^^.

P.S. U really have that much piercing?

where did u put them all?

I've always wanted to get a nape piercing. I think I'm going to get one soon..

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

I like your blog ^^.

P.S. U really have that much piercing?

where did u put them all?

I've always wanted to get a nape piercing. I think I'm going to get one soon..

Thank you :]

Yes I do have 11 piercings, although most are on my ears.

3 on each earlobe, and also my left tragus. Then I have my nose, lip, belly button, and tongue.

I haven't gotten any recently, I'm more into tattoos now ;]

In other news...

NEW CLOTHES UPDATE!! :twss:

As I mentioned before, clothes are probably my favorite part of runescape. I love when they update the default shops~

My new default outfit:

newclothes.png

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

[/hide]

Okay, so I changed my mind.. new default clothes!

adventurer.png

<333

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Well, it seems my good luck streak is over.

No real good drops lately, a few mauls and d boots, but that's kind of average. My clue scrolls the last few days have been awful, I'm barely breaking the 100k mark when I price-check the rewards.

Oh well, I hope it'll start to get better again soon.

I've changed my mind a little bit about the order I'm going to do my goals in- I'm just going to go straight for 95 defense, then 95 str, then both 99s. No point in switching back and forth all the time.

I just can't stand training strength. I hate switching my weapon to something crappy. Sara sword is alright but then I lack a defender, which is a pretty significant loss in stats.

Wish I had the patience to get a chaotic rapier, but that's not happening any time soon. Ugh, dungeoneering.

I'm watching herb prices at the moment, hoping for a nice crash so I can afford the stuff I need for double exp weekend. It looks like they may be having a small crash right now, but who knows how long it will last or how far down the prices will go.

If I can't get the herbs and stuff for a good price, I'm just going to use what I have. It'll probably get me to around 82 or so, I'm guessing. So I won't be that far off.

Extreme sets would make this whole slayer thing go a lot faster, and it would be nice to have the super antifires for when I'm doing strength with the sara sword.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Taking some time off slayer for now to do some other skills.

I used up some dragon bones yesterday on my gilded altar, got a prayer level. It's kind of nice to get it for free like that, since all the bones were gathered myself through slayer.

I also got tired of seeing my woodcutting level sitting at 89 (which it's been for the past 2 or 3 years), so I'm chopping ivy at the moment to get it to 90. Round numbers are so much better looking. Only about 70k left now, so that'll be around an hour.

After I get that level I might actually try to do some more dungeoneering- who knows, maybe if I like it enough I'll get a few goals completed. Or maybe I'll get a couple rewards- a gem bag would be pretty convenient to have for slaying, and herbicide would be a pretty nice choice as well (although that one is a little pricey). But I'd also like a scroll of life. Hm. 120k dung exp isn't too bad I guess, it would get me to 50 dung for my second bind, and I'd get enough tokens for both a scroll of life and gem bag. Or I might just do one dungeon and get bored out of my mind.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

• 2 months later...

Heh, it's kind of funny that I hadn't logged on since double exp weekend, which was like 2 months ago.

I ended up using my bonus exp to get me to (almost!) 85 herby, so I'm going to be loading up on super antifires and extreme pots as soon as I can be bothered to make some stew.

First priority at the moment is the halloween event, then I'm going to be starting on the herblore stuff. It looks like I was planning to do some dung before I left.. but suddenly, that sounds really unappealing. Haha. Perhaps I'll do that once I get my 95 defense and 95 strength. I'll probably need a good break once I get that far.

So, here I go again, relapsing into my runescape addiction for probably the hundreth time since I started this awful game 7 years ago XD

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

I tried dungeoneering, I really did. I tried the technique, with rushing C1s and then doing C6's...

But there's just no place in that skill for solo players.

One medium C6 dungeon:

A little over an hour and a half wasted

2000 dungeoneering exp gained.

What a bloody waste of time.

I can get almost 20 times that exp rate in slayer, the SLOWEST of all skills. Now I realize that the exp from dungeons increases as you get to higher levels, but really, what kind of cost do you have to pay to get to that point?

Oh, wait, that's right. It can be fast. If you play in a team.

[bleep] this.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Haha, excuse my anger at dungeoneering. I'm just not used to getting such bad exp rates.

I've decided to just go ahead and use tears of guth til 50 dung, then start actually training it the real way for tokens.

The exp rates will be a lot better once I can get to the higher floors, plus I'll already have 2 binds which will make things much easier.

In other news, I used up several effigies that I had sitting in my bank and managed to get to 86 herby :]

Also did tears of guth and got 5 dunge levels (lawl) so I'm sitting at 36-almost-37 right now.

I've got nearly enough d bones banked for another prayer level, and I think I'm going to go ahead and just buy the rest to get to 80 or 85. I'm tired of my pray being so low.

I decided I'd like to get a fire cape, finally, so I made an attempt the other day. Made it to jad just fine, but I got incredibly confused during the fight and clicked the wrong prayer a couple times. The sound effects are extremely confusing, all the guides make it sound really simple, but I have to disagree. I think I'll wait to try again until I have atleast 85+ range. My range level is pretty sad and pathetic, so it took me a full 2 hours to get to Jad. Took me about 5 minutes to kill each 360, which is pretty damn bad.

I'm almost to 94 defense now, which means I'll be switching to strength training soon. I'm really not looking forward to it. Sara sword is nice and all but I'm really gonna miss my defender.

And finally, I managed to get both a range and agility level from the circus yesterday. Not too shabby. Also getting really close to a mage level as well.

And now I've got to go.. midterms are calling me. Bah.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Well, I've decided today is a good day to get a few odd levels and get some things done.

On my to do list for today is:

1. 80 prayer on my gilded altar with the bones I bought yesterday

2. 86 magic - I'm only 70k away, might as well go for it. I'll probably just go mage barrows for a while, or I guess I could alch something instead.

3. 74 crafting, only 18k away. I can probably get this pretty quickly with battlestaves.

4. Get the rest of the rocks I need for shattered heart.

5. Do my penguin hunting for the week.

6. Attempt the fishing trawler, finish an ardy elite task.

7. Make range mix in Otto's hut, finish a fremmy diary task.

8. Complete a few varrock diary tasks- make a summer pie, backfire a dagon'hai's spell, and complete a large job at the sawmill.

And if I manage to get all of this done, I'll return to slayer. Which is going well, I'm only 130k from 94 defence. I should be getting 95 defence, 89 slayer, and 96 hitpoints at right about the same time. Then I'm switching over to strength training for a good 5 levels. Maybe at that point I'll actually take some time off for dungeoneering. I would really like to get some of the good rewards, if I can stand it for long enough. But once I can do higher floors, have multiple bounds, etc, it's not going to be as slow so maybe I'll actually start to enjoy it a little more.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Well, I didn't end up doing all the stuff I said I was gonna do. I did get 80 prayer, but that's about it. Haha.

Anyways, I finally got 94 defense, and I'm around 600k from 95 now. So I'll be switching to strength soon.

I'm gonna update the blog with the levels I've gotten the last couple days, then get back to my abby demon task. Come on, whip drop!

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Thanks crafty ^.-

I finally got 95 defence! I bought a sara sword and have started my strength training, but it just feels so slow. I can't stand two-handed weapons... Oh well. I think I'll continue to 95 strength, then force myself to get through enough dungeoneering for a chaotic rapier. It would really help for getting strength from 95-99.

Maybe I should do one full-prestige rush per day, so it won't take me as long later? Just rush through all my first floors and solo c6 med the last one. Hmm. Maybe.

In other news, I only need around 500 more crim charms until I have enough for 88 summoning. But I'm kind of wondering what I'm even going to use the uni for? Bunyip is a cheaper pouch right now anyways, and it's always been plenty of healing. So why bother even using the unicorn? Hm. I don't really boss hunt so I'm not really sure if it'll even be useful.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't really been keeping up with posting here, but I've been accomplishing quite a bit.

I've gotten a few good levels, most recently 91 str & 130 combat (finally done with the 120's, yay!), and finished the seer's elite diary and got myself an EEE.

Also, today I had probably my best ever nechyrael task, with 6 pairs of rune boots. Total came to somewhere around 1.2m, it was nice. But I must have used up my good luck, since I had my first no-boots spiritual mage task. Kind of annoying. Oh well.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Been taking a break from slaying the last couple of days. I got my fletching from 85 to 90 while working on a thesis paper for one of my classes, then spent a bit of time today using up charms. I also got 86 magic from the circus this week.

I'm frustratingly close to 88 (about 52k away) so I should be getting the level pretty soon when I start up with combat again.

I'm also extremely close to 88 herby, thanks to the exp lamps I got from completing the seers elite diary. So, pretty soon I'll be able to make all my extremes with no boosts, which will be nice.

So, this week I should be getting 43 or 44 dunge from tears of guth, 88 herb from MTK, possibly 88 summon depending on how many charms I get, and maybe even 92 strength. I also have almost enough dragon bones banked for a pray level, so that might happen depending on if I get some dragon tasks or not. Oh, and it's not exactly a level, but I'm within 10k of having 10mil hitpoints exp :]

Overall I'm pretty content with how things are going.

Now, to get back to slaying~

p.s. ZOMFG DRAGON DEFENDER! YAY!

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

I dunno why I decided to give it a try, but I attempted Nomad's Requiem... and won!

I didn't think I'd ever get up the nerves to try that quest, but it turns out it wasn't so hard after all, haha. (I only died twice)

I'm thinking of just going for my good old quest cape again. I'm dangerously close- just 4 left to do now. The only reason I hadn't gotten it back before was because of WGS (which I didn't want to do due to the length of it), and Nomad (which I was absolutely terrified of), and now that both of those are taken care of... well, why not?

I need to get korasi's sword anyways, because my saradomin sword is driving me nuts. I don't like 2h weapons at all. And I'm speculating that once dragon defender comes out (next week, I hope? plz jagex <3), korasi+defender is going to be better than sara sword anyways.

So if I'm already going to have to complete void dance & void stares back, I might as well finish the other two and enjoy having a quest cape for a bit. A whole month, actually, considering that jagex didn't mention any quests in the behind-the-scenes this month :D

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Got my quest cape back! woot~ :]

Also got a couple levels from quest rewards and exp lamps and such- 88 herby, 83 prayer, and 88 summon.

I'm pretty happy right now, its been way too long since I got to wear this cape.

Not sure what I'm going to do now... I don't really feel like going back to slayer right now, so I don't know. A little bit of random levels & skilling sounds nice to me (:

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Okay, so I did go back to slayer. Was pleasantly suprised with a 3-drag-boot spiritual mages task (: Made about 2m in total, it was nice.

I'm around 200k from 92 strength, using my new korasi's sword now, which I like a lot better than SS.

So, maybe I'll get that strength level today, maybe not. Going out to dinner soon to the restaurant where my boyfriend works, can't wait for some of that lobster bisque~

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

92 strength & 131 combat yesterday :]

The levels are moving fast.

Also, my friend was selling his bandos set and I decided to buy it. I figure the price may go up when the defence update comes around. And, if it doesn't, then oh well. I'm keeping it either way. I'm pretty happy with it so far, I've owned bandos several times before but it's always hard for me to convince myself to part with that much money at once. And I always end up selling it back again. But this time around I'm just going to keep it. I still have enough cash leftover that I could almost buy another set, so I guess I'm just going to live with having less money for a while.

Anyways, I'm around halfway between 89 and 90 slayer, so hopefully I can get the rest of that exp soon and start going for some dark bow drops! It'll be nice to have a new task available. I guess that means less bad tasks if there are more good ones... right?

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone :D

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, between finals and cataclysm I've been a bit busy.. haha.

Just read the new update about free trade & wildy... I'm not voting yes, to be honest.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

• 4 months later...

Oh wow, it's been about 4 months since I updated here. Oops.

I've been so busy with school and being social and all that nonsense, I really haven't been getting online a whole lot.

But I'm back! For now...

And I'm finally working on dungeoneering, seriously this time! I've gotten 8 levels in the last couple days, and I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I think my biggest problem was that I was kind of a completionist- I wanted to mine every rock, chop every tree, fish every pond, etc. Also learning how to properly use gatestones has been immensely helpful.

I got my prom 2h bound the other day with some help from a clanmate, and I just hit level 50 for my second bind today so I'm hoping to get my SSH as soon as possible! In the meantime I'm just going to keep solo rushing and doing c6 meds for my last 5 floors. Which, by the way, are much easier now that I know how to do them properly and quickly.

Now that classes are nearly over, maybe I'll have time to play more. Or maybe not, since I'll be working two jobs this summer. Oh well.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]

Very nice. Good luckwith goals and feel free to have a look at my blog. ^_^

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Thanks ambler ;D

Just got 55 dung, and I'm going to bed for tonight. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this ridiculously complicated skill.

Hopefully by the end of next month I will have my rapier! We'll see... I guess it depends on how much free time I have :]

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[/hide]