Thammaron, a Mahjarrat?

Jard_Y_Dooku

Since everything is explained in the quote, I really have nothing to say myself, so here it is:

16-17-600-58425695[/u], page 13":3s0u8ie2]Speaking to Viggora, The curse of Zaros miniquest:

So anyway, Lord Zamorak and his trusted compatriots, namely myself, Hazeel, Drakan, Thammoron and Zemouregal made plans to overthrow our lord using the god-weapon, and by pledging allegiance to Zamorak as our master, were each to be given a large piece of land as our own in return.

later on in the story, Viggora is dead and is explaining the fate of his comrads when you ask about why they were not cursed,

Now in my I suppose this is my death.

I am but a shade on the wind, unnoticed by all who pass me, until today anyway, and the only answer I can give you is that the others who were with me, the Mahjarrats and the Vampire, they were beings of magic.

So if Drakan is the vampire, is Thammaron an overlooked mahjarret?

(If someone is planning to do this miniquest could you please confirm this?)

As far as we've known all this time, Thammaron is an Elder Demon, not a Mahjarrat. Is this a mistake/continuity error on Jagex's part?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Sure looks like it. :P

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

It's entirely possible that he simply didn't know what exactly thammaron was. The demon may have taken some other form, or some such thing.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

in the Tale of Muspah quest, we learned that Mahjarrat's can take the form of other creatures. maybe this is what thamarron did, and turned into an elder demon. (sorry if this was stated b4 me, i was to lazy to read the previous posts)

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

It's entirely possible that he simply didn't know what exactly thammaron was. The demon may have taken some other form, or some such thing.
Maybe he is/was a mahjarrat in the form of a demon.
I believe it's much more likely that Jagex made a mistake in the dialogue. I've read that thread as well, and the "proof" they're fawning over (aside from the misprint) seems to be that he didn't turn to ash when he died--his skeletal remains being found after The Golem Quest. However, the supporters on the thread are missing the point entirely; normal demons may turn to ash upon death, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Elder Demons do the same. Additionally, if Thammaron had been a Mahjarrat, there wouldn't have been a corpse in the first place, as the Mahjarrat have been shown to be relatively unaffected by conventional means of death.

Speculation may be entertaining and insightful at times, but let's try to keep it to a reasonable level. Seizing on every discontinuity that crops up won't get us anywhere. :lol:

in the Tale of Muspah quest, we learned that Mahjarrat's can take the form of other creatures. maybe this is what thamarron did, and turned into an elder demon. (sorry if this was stated b4 me, i was to lazy to read the previous posts)
...Really? There were only six posts before your own. :?

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I think it's a typo. The Desert Treasure quest (needed for the Ghostly Robes miniquest) was released on the 18th of April 2005, while Thammaron was introduced with The Golem quest on 11 Aril 2005, one week earlier. In the Golem it's already mentioned he's a "very powerful demon". Furthermore, on the Runescape duel cards it can be read that Thammaron is indeed an Elder Demon.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I think it's going to be shown soon enough that the *only* way for a Mahjarrat to truly die is to have his/her energy dispersed in The Ritual.

Or if there are other ways, perhaps thoe. Certainly not from being mortally wounded by a bunch of clay golems.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.