Kniving Aviansies.

gorgoroth

Well i'm doing what not alot of people think wise. I range Aviansies using Knives. For those of you that don't know, at 91+ Ranged i think this is the best way to go (If you use decent knives. Anyway to get to the point. I need some help from a person who has actually tried this. I was thinking of maybe upgrading from Black Knives to Mithril or maybe to Obby Rings. i just don't know if it would be worth it. Atm i get about 2kills per minute, so would Mithril Knives improve my killrate? Are they that much better than Black Knives to make them worth the extra Money? Or could i maybe use darts? Please dont suggest just to use a C'bow because i hate the speed of the thing. Any help on this?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

i know some1 on the forum suggested usuing obby rings since they would make you kill faster and even with the extra cost, he said he made a great profit. i cant find the tread atm...

never tryed myself since im only 85 range... gl :)

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Yeah Compfreak used to say that with Obby Rings and 10% Prayer he could make 650k an hour. Thing is i can only buy 100 Rings every 4hours. Its a bit of a long wait becuase i would like to have atleast 10k Rings.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

i think you would only hit 1 more with mith knives (or even nothing more)

so i'd stay with the knives or use black darts/mith darts (cost less + a little faster then knives i think.)

profit should stay the same or go a bit higher.

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

Well according to Tip.It and Runescape G E Database Adamant Darts are about 88gp each. Thats only 29gp more than Black Knives. Mithril Darts are about 44gp each. Now the thing is that Black Knives have 10 Ranged Attack Bonus and 8 Strength, Mirthril Darts are too weak and Addy Dart have 11 Ranged Bonus and 10 Strenght. So, at 88gp each, should i get Addy Darts? Or should i just stick to Black Knives?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

In my opinion Addy Darts > Black Knives

They may be a little more expensive but they are a tad bit faster and have the potential to hit harder. Good Luck! (Also, Obby rings, from what I've heard, are excellent at Aviansies though I am not sure if they are better then Addy Darts or not. I'd assume so)

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

in most cases, faster kills > cheaper equipment. i've heard people say that the results get better with every upgrade, from bronze to rune, so i'd say rune knives are the best thing next to rings. Obviously the best things like morrigans javs are to expensive, but you get the point. Aviansies' drops are good enough to make make up for most extra costs.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Knifes are faster than Darts.

I'd say Black Knives or Mith Knives, Darts sucks.

^Sorry to say but darts are actually faster than knives by a little bit so go with darts, i have tried obby rings and they are excellent so just set up to buy like 10k in ge and then go to aviansies with darts and camp there for a week or two while you buy the obby rings.

Hope this helps... :thumbsup:

thragon13.png

[hide=]thragon13.png

thragon13.png

thragon13.png[/hide]

i have tried obby rings and they are excellent so just set up to buy like 10k in ge and then go to aviansies with darts and camp there for a week or two while you buy the obby rings.

are they that good even at ur range lvl? or do u have an other account...

otherwise im gonna get some rings myself xD

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

i have tried obby rings and they are excellent so just set up to buy like 10k in ge and then go to aviansies with darts and camp there for a week or two while you buy the obby rings.

are they that good even at ur range lvl? or do u have an other account...

otherwise im gonna get some rings myself xD

Well i would not suggest them till over 90 Ranged. You can use them when lower but they wont be as effective. Okay so i need about 14k Kills to get 99Ranged. I have the following:

Void

Zammy Book

Arma Pendant

Ranger Boots

10k Addy Darts (Soon 20k)

30k Broad Bolts

700 B2P

I will also get an enchanted Excalibur some time this week. Will these be enough to camp at Aviansies to get 14k kills without banking?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I would take a zammy kiteshield for the extra defence. You could also take a few yip pouches for the first couple of 100 kills. GL.
Oh i forgot to mention i was taking SGS to recharge Prayer.... And um with enchanted Excaliburcand sgs i contemplate not taking food at all.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I wouldn't suggest taking both the SGS and the EE, as the EE uses the full bar and gives the 20 hp, and the SGS uses half the bar each spec, but there is a chance you wont get healed anything at all. Its up to you.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I wouldn't suggest taking both the SGS and the EE, as the EE uses the full bar and gives the 20 hp, and the SGS uses half the bar each spec, but there is a chance you wont get healed anything at all. Its up to you.

EE it is.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

im gonna try kniving them myself, but would it be as effective if i wear my tank armor in stead of void cuz im only 79 def...

usualy i wear: arma helm, zammy dhide, verac legs(got no torags and not in the mood to buy=p), sara vambs, dfs, fury...

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

im gonna try kniving them myself, but would it be as effective if i wear my tank armor in stead of void cuz im only 79 def...

usualy i wear: arma helm, zammy dhide, verac legs(got no torags and not in the mood to buy=p), sara vambs, dfs, fury...

Well if you're not going to wear Void then i would suggest you get your Ranged Attack as high as you can get it. For making Knives effective you need a very good Ranged Attack. And don't use anything lower than Black Knives. But to answer your question, yes if would be effective.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide