Red Faction: Guerilla

sibmaster

1203533596.jpg

Red Faction: Guerilla

[hide=Source]Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd person, open-world action shooter set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction. Players take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Throughout their fight for freedom, players carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos.

Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in an unforgiving Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla also features a robust multiplayer component, including several modes focused on destruction-based gameplay.[/hide]

Personally, i am REALLY looking forward to this game coming out on the 5th of June. I've played the demo many times, and each time it feels like a different experience. The graphics, even from the demo, seem fantastic, and there is nothing more i seem to enjoy more than just carving my way through building and blowing up walls to create new routes for myself. The shooting system is that bad either, there isn't a hideous amount of recoil, and its easy to aim, but not so easy that it makes it boring.

Has anyone else played the demo ?

Do you think it will live up to what is expected of it, or will it fail to impress?

Give your opinions :D

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Is the demo on Live? I should ch-ch-check it out. I certainly liked the earlier games. Infinite ammo on the railgun was ridiculous. But [bleep]ing awesome.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I played the demo. I don't know why this isn't first person like the original 2 but its good.

The mech portion was INCREDIBLY fun, walking through a huge building and juist watching it all collapse around me. It's also fun to walk into a large building halfway through, then get into the building and walk into the area you just walked through.

How epic it will be to be, say, fighting in a building when all of a sudden a vehicle crashes through the wall between you and your opponent, on the 4th or 5th floor. You'll both watch it crash through the rest of the building and out the other side, watching him fall to his death before resuming your fight.

My only problem with this is that I'm not really 100% on it's lasting appeal.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Is the demo on Live? I should ch-ch-check it out. I certainly liked the earlier games. Infinite ammo on the railgun was ridiculous. But [bleep] awesome.

Yes it is on LIVE ::' Has been for a while lol

I played the demo. I don't know why this isn't first person like the original 2 but its good.

The mech portion was INCREDIBLY fun, walking through a huge building and juist watching it all collapse around me. It's also fun to walk into a large building halfway through, then get into the building and walk into the area you just walked through.

How epic it will be to be, say, fighting in a building when all of a sudden a vehicle crashes through the wall between you and your opponent, on the 4th or 5th floor. You'll both watch it crash through the rest of the building and out the other side, watching him fall to his death before resuming your fight.

My only problem with this is that I'm not really 100% on it's lasting appeal.

Yes, what you said is incredibly fun :D

Personally i think it will have lasting appeal, as long as the online play is as good and fun as what we've witnessed already is.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Didn't enjoy the original Red Faction so I doubt I'll give this one a try.

Just try the demo or rent it, it's NOTHING like the original game except for setting.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Just downloaded the demo, it definatly has the best destructible environment in any game ive ever played, spent about 10 minutes just walking around destroying stuff with the hammer.

keen.png

Got the original SP demo off the PSN about a month before the demo's general release. Played it to death and it's amazing.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Multiplayer demo is available for download on the XBL marketplace.

Good stuff, really want to see what its like online.

How large is the download?

627 MB.

Tbh, there's only 1 gamemode available and I really didn't enjoy it :?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

^Yea i love online, i don't think the game mode atm does it justice and its not just a mass hammer fest as i thought it would be.

Ye i think they balanced that quite well, and the backpacks were a good idea.

I did have one match though where the entire other team just ran round destroying everything instead of capturing the places lol, they failed miserably lol.

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

With it having been released in America now, and me having to wait till the 5th for the UK release date -.-

Has anyone got it/pre-ordered it ?

You're in luck, I don't think it comes out here until the 5th either.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

It's been released here, but I doubt I'm going to buy it soon. I think I'll wait it out a bit to find out what online and campaign are really like. Campaign is incredibly hard, if the demo is anything to go by. My only complaint from playing the Single- and Multi-player demos are that changing weapons can be a bit of a speed bump.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

It's been released here, but I doubt I'm going to buy it soon. I think I'll wait it out a bit to find out what online and campaign are really like. Campaign is incredibly hard, if the demo is anything to go by. My only complaint from playing the Single- and Multi-player demos are that changing weapons can be a bit of a speed bump.

At least if the campaign is hard it will present a challenge.

The last thing i want is a free roaming game where i can complete the campaign in an afternoon.

Besides, once i got used to the controls on the campaign it wasnt too much of a challenge but it wasn't easy either.

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

This game is really fun. If you seem to beat games easily then you can adjust the difficulty settings. It seems as if they are really pushing the destruction of the buildings as a major aspect of the game and it really works. it takes elements from gears of war(3rd person perspective and the guns feel similiar) sandbox games like GTA4 and others and the vehicles also remind me of GTA4. I'm not saying it steals these elements from the games it's just i've seen it before. original aspects of the game are the destruction(which is awesome), mission types, and multiplayer. If you get bored with single player theres a solid multiplayer experience which at first seems to feel like gears.... alot but then you find backpacks which give you abilities while you can use your weapons. It adds alot the the multiplayer. One is a jetpack which you can use to get to sniping spots etc, one makes you run faster which makes you harder to hit or easier to get melee kills and one which maks you invisible but stop when you attack. Theres a few different gametypes like deathmatch, ctf etc as well as one where you have to defend your structures while the other team tries to destroy them which is incredibly addictive. Awesome game! :thumbsup:

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah