Second attempt - Daisuke signature- Added Daisuke 4

Wizz

This is my second attempt at Gimp but my first ever signature. I just need to learn how to add a border and how to install fonts. (or learn how to blend in fonts)

I was pushed by skully to submit this. Thanks skully. My main inspiration was an artist that was here name lil atza, here's to you.

daisuke3.gif

Any criticism welcomed.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Use smaller canvases to start with, it's a lot harder than filling up a larger one. Using the overlay setting or something that burns the colours just hurts your eyes, I advice you to read a tutorial about the different layer settings. Try not to use too many effects, specially over the focal as it makes it a sloppy mess. Read up on colours as it'll hurt your progress a lot if you learn it the wrong way doing monotone things.

igsig.png

Actually that's daisuke 3, this is daisuke 2. I just felt like alot was missing.

daisuke2.gif

It look like I just made a nice background and pasted this on it. :/

I just don't know how to make him blend in. Also I have only read 1 tutorial I find the link.

94qbe.jpg

Keep reading until you get multiple ideas on how to blend your focal, also try to pick renders/focal points that are interesting not just standing there, they have to wave a arm or (Roughly) it'll look weird when you attempt to blend.

igsig.png

Can you please teach me how to blend a focal, I can seem to match anything with the background -_-.

I'm good at making backgrounds but when I find a render it looks choppy like as if I just copy and pasted it on there I can't seem to make the render blend with the back ground.

P.S What's a focal?

94qbe.jpg

after fiddling around a bit I manage to make this version I think is better. I still need to learn how to add a border though. I blurred his face a bit to make him seem gentler. I also changed the background which was just a gradient to match his colors, also brushed a little bit around his face and body.

daisuke4.gif

Better? Worse? Improvement?

94qbe.jpg

A focal is the first thing you see when you look at a signature, or something else.

Take this block of text :

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

What are your eyes drawn too? The red part of the text.

Check out these:

http://gurssury.deviantart.com/art/Basi ... -121795821

http://zg-kitty.deviantart.com/art/Do-s ... g-88880143

http://juicedesignz.deviantart.com/art/ ... l-58660094

Your signature:

Your latest version is currently very monotone, which I am sure is self explanatory.

Since you are using a render, you need to make it pop and become the focus of your tag, without making it seem like it is floating in space.

Your tag lacks the basics, which are explained in those tutorials. However, I do like how you have not positioned the render in the middle :) So props to you there.

This one seemed better than your currently, too really :?

daisuke2.gif

Anyway, good luck.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Wow I try to satisfy Julius and unsatisfied Ouchy, oh well I guess I just make even better siggies! Thanks for the guides!

EDIT: I find it funny that one tut says "NEVER USE LENS FLARE FOR LIGHTING!" then the next one "The best way for lighting is probably using lens flare"

94qbe.jpg

I use a lens flare for lighting.

Easiest way to blend in gimp is to smudge in the outskirts of your render. Get the vine brush and set spacing to 1 in the brushes dialog. Smudge away.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

• 2 weeks later...