Profitable magic?

Abc1230

Casting Humidify and filling up vials

Charge Air Orbs

MTA

Superglass Make

Does humidify still work?

Pretty sure you can make money using fire strike on blue dragons.

I completely forgot that magic was a combat skill =P

Thanks.

Making tele tabs of any kind is profitable. I recomend using a butler of some sort (demon idealy because it takes no time to unnote items). The profit from tabs more than pays for the butler too. Of course, this assumes you have a house with some sort of lecturn in it.

Making tele tabs of any kind is profitable. I recomend using a butler of some sort (demon idealy because it takes no time to unnote items). The profit from tabs more than pays for the butler too. Of course, this assumes you have a house with some sort of lecturn in it.

What is the approx exp/hour for b2p?

I cant cast b2p (I wish I could, but I am NOT ready to put myself through teh MTA right now).

Off the top of my head I can make 300 tabs in probably 30-40 minutes if turn all my chats off. I think I can get 400 done in a little under an hour. Maybe someone here can tell you how fast they do it. I know for tele tabs, if your good you can make them at a similar speed you can cast (minus down time for butler). I expect that you can probably do the same for b2p.

Charge Air Orbs

MTA

Superglass Make

Does humidify still work?

Pretty sure you can make money using fire strike on blue dragons.

I completely forgot that magic was a combat skill =P

Thanks.

Filling up vials with humidify works but its pretty slow.

bloodfin711.png

I heard stuffz about maging Aviansies... Oh and don't mage dragons, they are EXTREMELY resistant to magic I heard... Why else would you splash alot on DRAGONhide?

You can make money with fire strike on them, but then again, it is fire strike, so it'll be awful xp and money.

The main point is, you're better off doing something like killing green dragons for 500k/hour and then alching ruby rings or something.

If you want to combat mage train, I suggest iron/steel dragons. You can either use chaos bolt with the chaos guantlets, or just use fire wave. Bring some antifires, some natures to alch small drops, and you can stay there quiet a while. Just bring mystic or Ahrims, depending on what you can afford, and mage away! This sometimes drains money fast, but hopefully you will score with some dragon platelegs/skirt or a even a visage!

Good luck.

EDIT: Sorry meant Fire Wave lol, fixed. :oops:

Big_Stingman.png

Maging metal drags is profitable with fire wave or slayer dart. Don't bother using lesser spells then that. Though, I gained probably a good 1/4 of my mage xp at dks. The drops have gone down quite a bit since then, but you could probably still turn a profit. Superheating addy bars was profitable last time I checked, not the fastest xp in the world, but you also get smithing xp, which is an expensive skill to train.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Maging metal drags is profitable with fire wave or slayer dart. Don't bother using lesser spells then that.

No, it's really not.

Yes it is. I have done it a LOT. Although, that was back when visages were 25 mil so...

My point exactly. And now that Dragon Legs and Skirts can't even break you even, you're just wasting your runes if you're still maging them.

i can profit on maging avians using air wave. you only make about 40-70k profit an hour depending on drops but it is very doable and quite good fun too. i sugggst gorogoroths guide to avians, as it covers maging in there and its a very thorough guide :D

Athalus_1988.png

yep thats f2p..just waiting for my membership to expire

Sorry for jumping in on someone else's thread, I only ask because it was brought up.

Do you need to know how to cast the spell before you can make teletabs from it? For example Bones to Peaches, and does it require a special kind of lectern to make? (like one of the higher level lecterns)

Sorry :(

------

For some slow profit, telegrab Zamorak Wines.

They sell for like 852gp - 941gp, I used to do it in a group once. Basically some guy wanted the wine, and so I was telegrabbing the wine from the temple, while he was running back and forth with the wine and money. At the same time, 3 people were killing the monks.

It was a rather fun, and strange method that I used to get some money back in my low level F2P days :P

Yes you must know the spell and have the correct lecturn to create the tabs, but not to use them.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Is there any way to do it and make decent money OR exp? So far these are not that good for either :( Thanks though :thumbsup:

Also, what is the fastest mage exp possible? I have some money now =P

Is there any way to do it and make decent money OR exp? So far these are not that good for either :( Thanks though :thumbsup:

Ice barrage vs Rock Lobster, there you have it.

Ice barrage vs Rock Lobster, there you have it.

Ice barrage vs. Monkey Skeletons, there you have it.

fire bolting blue dragons and selling hides & bones gives quite a profit, but its rather slow. i used to do that before 70 magic on my pure.

if you know the right things to alch (often bows and dhide bodies) its usually minimal loss for the xp.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Charge Air Orbs

MTA

Superglass Make

These are good methods. And, if you combine superglass make and charging air orbs with making air battlestaves and high level alchemy, you can make a little cash and a lot of mage and crafting XP.

EACH STAFF gives:

145.51 Mage XP.

197.52 Crafting XP.

64.54 coins.

And that's if you buy everything you need at the Grand Exchange. You won't make much money, but 1k staves, which doesn't take more than a few hours to make, will net you excellent XP rates. And getting your sand from Bert, or staves from Zaff, will greatly improve your profit per staff. Of course, this is especially good if, like me, you like to combine skill training.