Supply VS Demand?

Skilling0wn

How does this work?

Lets say *Random Item* Rune Axe.

How many of these would someone need to buy to influence the prices?

Could someone fill me in on how this Works? ::'

Lets say an item Like, Dharoks Legs VS Torags Chest. How many of each to influence prices?

What is needed to influence prices?

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

That's hard to see due to the fact that no one knows the exact amount of items circulating in the game, and the actual demand of that particular item.

Anyways, one person alone will probably not be able to influence the prices. Buying on the GE has caps.

That's hard to see due to the fact that no one knows the exact amount of items circulating in the game, and the actual demand of that particular item.

Anyways, one person alone will probably not be able to influence the prices. Buying on the GE has caps.

So, lets say the cap WAS 25K for rune axes. And he had the materials to buy 25k of em. Would that influence?

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

So, lets say the cap WAS 25K for rune axes. And he had the materials to buy 25k of em. Would that influence?

Considering no one cannot buy 25k rune axes at once, he could influence the market, but it would be slow and other people could buy at min and all his *hard work* will be undone.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You still don't know how many items there are on the market, and what the actual demand is. But my educated guess it that it would influence. 25k rune axes is a lot.

You can only buy 100 rune axes every 4 hours or something.

There are similar price caps on other types of items.

Hence why you need a clan of people to influence the prices.

Lets say you buy 1k Whips. Would that effect it? Since the demand is always rising?

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

Lets say you buy 1k Whips. Would that effect it? Since the demand is always rising?

Once again, you can only buy 100 whips every 4 hours, and since everyone else isnt always buying/selling at max you cant crash the whole market by yourself (You need a clan for that :wall: ). Also, the demand may always be rising but the supply isnt being massivly outpaced either.

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages

Once again, you can only buy 100 whips every 4 hours, and since everyone else isnt always buying/selling at max you cant crash the whole market by yourself (You need a clan for that :wall: ). Also, the demand may always be rising but the supply isnt being massivly outpaced either.

I never said i didnt have a clan, OR had the people to buy more than 100 each 4th hour. -.-

Archer%20Pzyco.png

Archer_pzyco.png

I never said i didnt have a clan, OR had the people to buy more than 100 each 4th hour. -.-

Well then yes, a clan of people all buying 1k whips at max price at the same time would make the price go up. If you're wondering if there is more to it there is: its all about the small elite of the clan manipulating those they recruit into the clan. They start the price manipulation by buying at max and then convince the others to start buying the item. Then they dump all the items they bought, driving the price even higher and creating artificial demand. Then, when they have none left to sell and no one is interested in buying an overly-inflated item, the majority of the clan is left with tons of high value items with no one to sell to. That is how to manipulate supply and demand to make a profit and in a sense how to run a merch clan. But for the love of god, if you're asking how to do that, please dont :wall: , it will save all of us a painful experience...

Well then yes, a clan of people all buying 1k whips at max price at the same time would make the price go up. If you're wondering if there is more to it there is: its all about the small elite of the clan manipulating those they recruit into the clan. They start the price manipulation by buying at max and then convince the others to start buying the item. Then they dump all the items they bought, driving the price even higher and creating artificial demand. Then, when they have none left to sell and no one is interested in buying an overly-inflated item, the majority of the clan is left with tons of high value items with no one to sell to. That is how to manipulate supply and demand to make a profit and in a sense how to run a merch clan. But for the love of god, if you're asking how to do that, please dont :wall: , it will save all of us a painful experience...

I'm wondering: how long could this stay this way untill all those people foolish enough to fall for the trick have lost their money....

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm wondering: how long could this stay this way untill all those people foolish enough to fall for the trick have lost their money....

Merch clans are still working, they only way that the clan gets destroyed is if the leaders start picking bad items. The clans work because it isn't just elites make money and no one else does, the situation is not that black and white. The leaders will obviously make the most money, by a large margin, but when considering the whole clan, the first few people who are notified of the new item will be able to buy some of the item, and will make a little money and so on. So the clan is driven forward by the incentive of maybe being in the small group that makes a bit of money or at least breaks even.

goro_fujita.png