Another weblayout...from da heart

Promise

This is actually for my dad...for father's day. We have a family company, a shipyard in fact. Well, I dont think I need to say anymore, but this website is for the company. The one we have now is old....very old. VERY old. Did I say very?

Well you get the idea, I;m gunna save all the files on a flash drive and wrap it up, making sure i have my laptop when i give it to him. Then I can show him whats on it and tell him, :) So this comes from the heart, please be gentle with criticism...as I know some of you really can't help yourselves :pray: i also work here, 40 hours a week during my breaks as a welder and mechanic.

Also, if you see the really crappy pics, its because they're very old and our secretary hasn't emailed me any pics yet and I needed something to put here. For obvious reasons, I've removed contact info, address number and email for obvious reasons. But they would normally appear below the main banner.

[hide=Example 1]34exqnl.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Example 2]29nfr6b.jpg[/hide]

In the back, I was thinking maybe wire frames or mixed with blue print kind of stuff. Makes it look nice while maintaining a professional architectural look, no??

Pretty nice, not sure about the drop shadow on the text, and perhaps lighten up the background a bit with a gradient? The tab navigaton would work well, but perhaps the boxes need their own background colour.

I think the bevel's could look perfectly fine if the drop shadow was turned down a bit, and the background was changed slightly. No reason to rule out using bevels completely in Web Design. Anything is possible :) .

Yeah, I wanted to keep the background simple for now because I was planning on adding some blue print/wireframe kinda things. Just wanted to get the basic look first.

Also, I think the bevel makes it look nicer. It just looks so boring without out it.

Honestly, the bevel looks fine, it gives it a bit of depth and interest rather then bland black-on-gray. But I don't like the text's shadow, and I think cleaner, more modern font (any of the staples, arial verdana ect.) would look better.

quit

Yeah, I wanted to keep the background simple for now because I was planning on adding some blue print/wireframe kinda things. Just wanted to get the basic look first.

Also, I think the bevel makes it look nicer. It just looks so boring without out it.

Sorry if I seem a little challenging or agressive talking about this, but really, bevelling is not good - there are many alternatives, the best examples I find, are here.

;)

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

It's pretty nice, as other people have stated, the bevel needs to be toned down. I don't think you should remove it though. Will you show us when you've completed the background? It would be nice to see it with a background.

Nice work =D>

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Ok ;) That sort of stuff is made mostly by employed web developers, so you'll help add to your companies reputation, if you have a nice looking website.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Ok ;) That sort of stuff is made mostly by employed web developers, so you'll help add to your companies reputation, if you have a nice looking website.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but any engineer in the navy/coast gaurd will know my dad based on the high quality of work we provide. It's something I want to stress on the website. That submarine you see in the sample, that's the USS Bowfin. If you're ever in Hawaii, its now a museum. The hull started rusting out, and my dad got the high pay contract based on our previous work. The Bowfin is credited with destroying 44 enemy vessels during WWII, bit a history I got to see.

I'm not too concerned if it looks perfect. I've seen our composition's websites...they suck just as much as our current one. :lol: Another thing, the Navy now thinks they're idiots. One of our competition ppl, BSE, their welders put in the wrong hull on the Port Royal. It just gives us a time extension on our part, a whole month they delayed the project...and with the speculation of a 3rd WW, I don't think a shortage of battleships is something we need. :pray:

I think their stupidity speaks for itself. With the history of this ship (ran into shore RIGHT after leaving our shipyard for repairs), they need a thicker hull. :lol: