Nike+

Skill_Caster

For those of you who don't know, Nike+ is a partner project with Apple and Nike. You grab some Nike+ shoes and a sensor to put in the insole, and then said sensor communicates with either your iPod Touch 2G (the 2G touch already has an integrated receiver), or any iPod Nano with a Nike+ receiver. Then, as you run, you can listen to your music, and as you run, your iPod acts as a personal trainer, motivating you and giving you detailed information about your run. You can basically do anything with it, from training to a 5k, to trying to beat your time record; and from burning a set number of calories, to just an open-ended workout. It's like have a treadmill, or other special equipment, anywhere you happen to me. You just whip out your iPod and run. Then, when you get home, you can sync your data to the Nike+ website, and you can look at all your runs through organized graphs and other neat stuff. You can even accept challenges, like training for a marathon; or join a team effort, such as the Nike+ Men vs. Women challenge. There's a lot of possibilities. The sheer awesomeness of it still amazes me. I've been wanting it for a while and I might go out and get it today. Any other Tip.It'ers have experience with it?

[hide=Lolz Commerical][yt]pFnUX4mURBI[/yt][/hide]

[hide=Srs commerical is Srs][yt]qOr5_GaGnPc[/yt][/hide]

tipitsig.png

I'm surprised they didn't market this new collaboration as "iNike", since most "trendy" or new things seem to have an *i* in them.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

The closest I have come to this product is owning the shoes. Not for the functionality of monitering my every move, but for the functionality of walking. Personally, I don't know if I would feel comfortable having my shoe be smarter than I. Just think if they started thinking on there own. :ohnoes:

I've always wanted to buy the shoes and the rest of the stuff for it, but I always end up just buying different shoes and simply going to a gym (which has equipment to tell how about the calories I've lost, etc) and simply hear stuff on my iPod.

I've always found the Nike+ system to be pretty interesting but I'm not about to go buy special shoes just so I can use it. I'd rather just buy the sensor and use it in shoes I already own and save the money so I've never bought the sensor or the shoes. Maybe one day I'll go and buy it but that would be if I ever got into running or jogging on a daily bases or something.

tFtfA.jpg