Am I a murderer?

Harakiri

Well, I know the answer, but I want to know what you think.

Yesterday I mowed the lawn, and as I did, I did not notice that there were two baby bunnies. Needless to say, I ran over them. I didn't notice until a couple passes later, when this golf ball sized white thing caught my attention. I cut off the mower, and notice a bunny who's stomach and head have been ripped to shreds. I laughed inside because I killed a furry animal and my Grandma was sad, and my Grandpa was happy (there seem to be a lot of bunnies around lately). I then noticed another one, and EDIT: Nudged it to see if it was alive.... Next thing I know it starts flailing and squeeking, cute little guts flopping around as it rolled around. That was the part that will really haunt me. I guess there are two questions to ask:

Am I a murderer (Answer is probably yes, but some people do enjoy blowing animals heads off so...)

Why the hell is it cool when the animal is dead, but when it's in it's death throes, it is friggin nasty?

Too bad for my grandpa, he had to pick up the bodies...it rained though when he picked them up, so it was kinda slippery...Eww...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure. But does it matter?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

The only bad thing you did was kicking one of them for the hell of it. The first one sounded like an accident and laughing about it is just a natural response which you can't control.

You just accidentally killed a couple bunnies, not that big of a deal. It's a bit sadistic that you laughed at it then kicked one for the hell of it. But again, not that big of a deal.

I'm a hunter myself, so killing small animals such as rabbits doesn't bother me. Except I do strongly beleive what you did was wrong, the main thing is that they were only babies, and you ran one over, and kicked the hell out of another. That's messed up on many levels.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

While you may not have noticed them originally, kicking one "for the hell of it" is quite sick. I find that kind of behaviour - absolutely needless abuse - disgusting.

How do you feel about cats killing small animals for the hell of it? It's also needless, unless they are doing it for food which is a rare case since house cats usually have access to a food dish. I don't think what he did was right either but calling it disgusting makes him sound evil.

I'm a hunter myself, so killing small animals such as rabbits doesn't bother me. Except I do strongly beleive what you did was wrong, the main thing is that they were only babies, and you ran one over, and kicked the hell out of another. That's messed up on many levels.

You're a hunter. You're killing the parents of the babies.

While you may not have noticed them originally, kicking one "for the hell of it" is quite sick. I find that kind of behaviour - absolutely needless abuse - disgusting.

How do you feel about cats killing small animals for the hell of it? It's also needless, unless they are doing it for food which is a rare case since house cats usually have access to a food dish. I don't think what he did was right either but calling it disgusting makes him sound evil.

Cats give you small animals sometimes as tokens of love.

OT: Are you remorseful?

It's only instinct for them to attack other animals, they do it because they feel like they're supposed to, even if they're not doing it for food, he just accidentally killed some rabbits. It'd be bad if he did it purposely with the lawnmower, But he didn't.

Hunting is stupid.

It's only instinct for them to attack other animals, they do it because they feel like they're supposed to, even if they're not doing it for food, he just accidentally killed some rabbits. It'd be bad if he did it purposely with the lawnmower, But he didn't.

Well, he did purposefully kick the second one.

Hunting is stupid.

Ehh, it's not really the hunting that's stupid. It's the mentality that killing the parents is so much more humane than killing the babies.

I don't know whether cats will do something like that just for the hell of it. Maybe in it's mind the animal is a threat? Maybe the cat wanted an extra meal? - my dog will eat a rat even though it gets fed every day.

Either way, my opinion remains the same. It's completely needless and disgusting for him to kick an animal for the hell of it.

Well first one was accidental, so not much you can do about that.

But kicking one is just damn idiotic. If i'd been your grandpa and if i saw you doing it, i'd given you a good whack in the head.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

What does it matter that they were babies? You can't bring in the normal "no chance to defend themselves" argument, either. Shooting an adult rabbit isn't exactly equal footing, either. And he ran it over by accident. It's fine, it's not like he saw them and said, "Hey, I'ma go run it over, the little bastard". And even then it still wouldn't be that big of a deal. Certainly no more than hunting.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I wrote it wrong... I didn't realize the other was bleeding, I thought it was laying down...so I nudged it in order to see if it was alive...I didn't really understand why I was doing it though...until the thing started flailing...then I understood I why...and I notticed the blood and crap and that's when I almost threw up.

When writing "kicked" I meant "nudged" for the hell of it.

I don't know whether cats will do something like that just for the hell of it. Maybe in it's mind the animal is a threat? Maybe the cat wanted an extra meal? - my dog will eat a rat even though it gets fed every day.

Either way, my opinion remains the same. It's completely needless and disgusting for him to kick an animal for the hell of it.

I guess it comes down to how we place value on the lives of certain creatures. I know I don't feel any pity at all killing a bug, but with larger animals it's a lot different for some reason. I think it's just our personal attachments to the creature being killed speaking here. The closer to a human an animal is, the more it disturbs us.

PS: I think it's worth noting that rabbits are the symbol of martyrdom.

I wrote it wrong... I didn't realize the other was bleeding, I thought it was laying down...so I nudged it in order to see if it was alive...I didn't really understand why I was doing it though...until the thing started flailing...then I understood I why...and I notticed the blood and crap and that's when I almost threw up.

That's obviously vastly different. You should choose your words more carefully in the future.

That's obviously vastly different. You should choose your words more carefully in the future.

I thought that when I said "kicked" people would understand the fact I didn't punt the thing, I was seeing if it was alive. Why would I say that I was about to throw up when something was struggling after I kicked it? Wouldn't I be laughing like all get out if I kicked it and it struggled.

I merely meant I was seeing if the damn thing was still alive, because no wounds were apparent till it started rolling.

I originally took what you said to mean that you saw a different bunny all together and kicked it for no reason at all.

You edited your post, so there's no point to the argument any more. But still, you should be more careful with your words - I'm clearly not the only one who interpreted your post as I did.

My views are linear.

EDIT: Ah, didn't see your last post.

hopesolopatriot.jpg