Disagreeable Decisions...

The Observer

Sometimes, the main leader of a clan might make a decision that the majority of the staff and clan disagrees with strongly. I'm sure some of you won't able to picture this situation in your clan because some clan structures have, for example, multiple leaders. But, even if you don't, picture that in your mind. What I'm asking, is what would your options be? What would be the most ethical way to handle this?

j0xPu5R.png

I'd say leave the clan and find another one. Tell the leader that things are not working out for you in the clan and you will be looking for a different one.

But definitely don't try to pull members with you. That would be betraying your former clan and it will certainly backslash you in the future.

090831004444.png

My knee-jerk reaction would be to chew his/her ear off in private. But that's why I try not to act on instinct. Sometimes things like that will happen and if you're not staff you don't always have the power to go against it. You have to hope that the idea will prove not as disastrous as you thought or convince the leader to change his mind.

If the leader's doing his job, he should be willing to listen and compromise. If not...well, why are you in a group where those in charge don't listen to the needs and wants of a community? It's just more of a headache than its worth.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'd pm the rankers or start a topic about it.

Members should have enough to say in their clan!

I start a flame war.

Or that :P

M on my Chest.

233zm9.png

A leader stays the "boss", and I'm sure if that leader is trusted a decision that may look questionable at first will be accepted after a while. However, if a leader makes a decision that is bad for the clan, he needs to be told.

As a member I'd hear my voice, I wouldn't leave unless there's really nothing to do about it and it's obvious he isn't going to accept that he is wrong. However, that's the final step and I would first make sure the leader knows about the fact that the majority of his members don't agree.

signature4s.jpg

Leaders come across times to where they must make questionable calls.

I remember fondly saying once in a clan I ran "This is my House, my rules, if you don't like my rules, get the f*** out of my house". I do believe anticrash said it in MK too. The kids who were upset about our new rules quickly left and formed a new clan - that died two months later.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Leaders come across times to where they must make questionable calls.

I remember fondly saying once in a clan I ran "This is my House, my rules, if you don't like my rules, get the f*** out of my house". I do believe anticrash said it in MK too. The kids who were upset about our new rules quickly left and formed a new clan - that died two months later.

That's a good saying :lol:

But seriously, sometimes a leader does have to make tough calls. If the clan isn't behind the leader during times like that than they shouldn't be in the clan anyway.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 3 weeks later...

I think it depends on whose leading. If a person has leading experiences for a good amount and can make a clan work why not trust his deciscion once in a while. If he/she makes a mistake I think they would learn from it. If they do repeat the same mistake then I would question them and talk with them.

If the leader is new, he may not know what he is doing is wrong. Many new leaders have to do a lot of the work and want to be respected in their chocies so they might feel like no one else should have a say, but you should voice your opinion in a nice manner so it doesn't turn into flaming each other :c

6590ew.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If they are first generation leaders, they off course have more reason to claim the 'My house, my rules' card.

Second generation leaders, their job is to maintain the clan. If they make stupid decisions that the majority of the clan disagrees with, kick them from the can, and replace them. It's better then mass leaving and starting a new clan that closely resembles the old one.