A Tank in the Making

Recently I decided that I wanted to start playing RuneScape again. With my main having an inventory of memership items, and no longer a member, I thought "what could I possibly do?" I decided to create a tank ranger; an account with only range and defense, and get them both as high as I possibly can. Of course, it's unrealistic to believe I can obtain 99 defense and 99 range with no other skills, but perhaps that can be my goal to accomplish in the next 2 years? :lol:

This is no easy task, so I decided I'd create a blog about it in order to help keep me motivated to work towards my goal. I of course have set some short term goals, some mid term goals and long term goals, as stated below:

(defense/range)

Short Term: 40/40 - COMPLETE

Mid Term: 60/60

Long Term: 85/85

I created my account on June 18, which is also the day I'm starting this blog. I decided to start this blog after I reached 10 defense and 10 range, which is 10 combat. I'll be updating this blog very frequently with pictures of my achievements, wealth, and so on. I'll always have private chat on, and always looking for people to keep me company, so please do add me and talk to me =]. Also, this will all be done on F2P, which makes it even harder.

RSN: Jouchaku

For those of you who are wonder what my name means, it means evaporate in Japanese. Although I can't speak Japanese, I've been learning it for the last two weeks, it's a great language :)

Logs of June 18, 2009

[hide=]Beginning of this blog.

Starting stats: startn.png

So after training to level 10 range and defense on chickens, I had collected a total of 980 feathers. I then went to cows and trained there as well, and currently still am. I got an inventory of cow hides, and only had 10 bronze arrows left with no cash. I headed over to the grand exchange, and sold everything for a total of about 7.7k, and in return bought 500 iron arrows. These should last a bit :)

Reached 20/20! Didn't manage to get the defense screenshot since I was in the middle of combat, but here's the range picture:

20range.png

I also have 220 cow hides banked, with 200 iron arrows left. I'm going to keep on cows until I'm lower on arrows, perhaps until 350 or so cow hides. After I sell them off, I'm going to invest in some steel arrows, a better bow and some range armour.

20 HP!

20hp.png

After I ran out of iron arrows, I had 335 cow hides which I sold at the grand exchange. I finally could afford to buy better ranging equipment, and also bought 500 steel arrows. I also now have about 24k in pure left over, so I'm off to a great start! Here is my new equipment:

equipmentm.png

Calling it a day, here is my bank and stats at the end of day 1.

day1bank.png

day1stats.png[/hide]

Logs of June 19, 2009

[hide=]25 HP, 100 skill total and 26 combat!

25hp.png

30 Range and Defense!

30range.png

30 HP!

30hp.png

35 range and defense!

35range.png

Also have over 500 cow hides stored, along with around 60k pure. Also bought 500 mithril arrows, which make things a lot easier and faster to accomplish. I plan on collect cow hides until 40/40, and then I'll experiment with new spots to train at.

Here is my bank and stats at the end of day 2:

end2m.png[/hide]

Logs of June 20, 2009

[hide=]Reached my first goal, 40 range and defense!

40range.png

Also got 35 HP!

35hp.png

Also would like to say thanks to kriss, he told me about Minotaurs and how they drop iron arrows so I decided to go try them out. I now have more arrows than I went with, and a lot faster xp than cows, so thanks kriss![/hide]

Logs of June 22, 2009

[hide=]Bought membership!

My stats at the end of June 22:

day5.png[/hide]

your doing it wrong

[hide=this is a tank.]Rusting_tank_at_the_Highway_of_Death_in_Iraq.jpg[/hide]

OT: nice man great for one day :D

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Reached my first goal, 40 range and defense!

40range.png

Also got 35 HP!

35hp.png

Also would like to say thanks to kriss, he told me about Minotaurs and how they drop iron arrows so I decided to go try them out. I now have more arrows than I went with, and a lot faster xp than cows, so thanks kriss!

just range tank? :?

anyways, good luck. im making a tank ill work on after i finish my goals on my main, and its a mage/range rank with prayer :P

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~