I found the higher power durandel talks about in wgs!(Infer)

Neilson1111

Well, when you talk to Durandel in Falador Castle during WGS, he talks about a higher power.

Since he needs permission to move, I think the person or thing he asks permission from, is JAGEX! :ohnoes:

Sounds a bit dumb, but makes sense.

If Durandel moves, then people would have trouble finding him for a slayer assignment.( I'm assuming that it's the same for everyone, not when seperate people do a quest, they get different things)

I'm also guessing Durandel was bribed, or paid to be a slayer master, as he says he wouldn't want the adventurer to fall in the same fate as he did, with the promises.

Discuss.

Neilson1111.png16800000+ 15000000+ 9mil

GWD Drops:(Lootshare)

2 Bandos Hilts, 1 BCP, 1 Bandos Tassets, 17 Snapdragon Seeds

Slayer Drops:

7 Abbysal Whips, 37 Dragon Boots, 17 Mauls, 1 visage. Total Loot: 43mil+

wat

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Back in Classic, Andrew Gower was referred to by the gods as The Mage Gower. He hasn't been featured in years in Runescape lore but it's still possible he's still playing an official role in the storyline.

wat

Basically he's saying Durandel is breaking the fourth wall. Not the first time that's happened (If you recall the "Runescape's just a COMPUTER GAME" rant from the bartender)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Durandel

wat

durandel lmfao when i saw that i immediately thought of Duran Duran...

HUNGRY LAIK A W0LFFF

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Back in Classic, Andrew Gower was referred to by the gods as The Mage Gower. He hasn't been featured in years in Runescape lore but it's still possible he's still playing an official role in the storyline.

wat

Basically he's saying Durandel is breaking the fourth wall. Not the first time that's happened (If you recall the "Runescape's just a COMPUTER GAME" rant from the bartender)

Lol, I remember in the god letters, Zamorak mentioned how he put scorpions under the mage Andrew's bed. \'

Pretty much done with rs now

wat

Fourth wall..? im sorry im a complete noob, played 6 years and i still only have 130 or so quest points and 1367 total

:/

I wouldn't go as far as to say you found it... but it's a theory. I don't really think so though, seeing as RuneScape's progressed to becoming a fictional reality as opposed to a false reality its inhabitants think to be real.

hehehe, Durandel.

cliffside1ra5.png

wat

Fourth wall..? im sorry im a complete noob, played 6 years and i still only have 130 or so quest points and 1367 total

Who is this Durandel you speak of?

wat

might be the duradel clone or something people talk about after doing wgs

[hide=]

wat

might be the duradel clone or something people talk about after doing wgs

[/hide]

Can't be, thats Lapalok

wat

The fourth wall refers to the barrier between the real world and the game world. To break the fourth wall would mean the characters in game would be aware of the existence of the real world.

On another note it's Duradel.

On yet another note, why in the name of hell would Duradel need to ask the programmers of the game for permission to move? Obviously he was asking his superiors as it seems that Slayer masters are almost like in some sort of guild.

Pointless, badly thought out post. I do however miss the God letters and the reference to mage Andrew, and the council.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I personally think it was the writer of the quest who needed something that sounded good, so he put a few sentences together, waiting to see the reactions of the players. He can then, when the time comes, put together what the players have speculated, and make the story from their ideas rather than his.

Stellactic.gif

wat

or when you talk to the lumbridge priest, after The Restless Ghost, theres an option saying "Were all in a computer game!" or something simular.

Popoto.~<3

He's a disciple of the devourer I think, so he might of asked her.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I personally think it was the writer of the quest who needed something that sounded good, so he put a few sentences together, waiting to see the reactions of the players. He can then, when the time comes, put together what the players have speculated, and make the story from their ideas rather than his.

Yes.

35b9enp.jpg

Yes.

Win.

cliffside1ra5.png

Yes.

Win.

+1

2v8sgvs.png

wat

Breaking the 4th wall is a term in theatre that means that the characters remind the audience (or themselves) that they are, in fact, an audience watching a play rather than a real story (breaking the wall between story and real life). In Runescape here breaking the 4th wall is basically when the NPCs remind the player that he is a character in a game and that Runescape isn't real. Like some bartender in the game whos dialogue includes saying that the world of Runescape is a computer game.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the higher power was simply another reference to the real world and once again breaking the 4th wall. I never heard of this whole "mage Gower" thing but it sounds like it fits into this speculation perfectly, that perhaps if the storyline of Runescape were ever to end that it would end at the peak of fiction practically breaking into the real world, which I think would be the most epic game ending in history.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

They really did that? That's awesome! :thumbsup:

(If you recall the "Runescape's just a COMPUTER GAME" rant from the bartender)

My favourate dialog in-game. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg