abyssal whip

mmmcannibalism

What are people's opinion of the new 2mil price of the whip?

My main question is that I sold a whip at 1.97mil and I was wondering if you think it will crash below that soon?

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Just the single allotment, with 3 seeds required of course ;) .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Well didn't it use to be 5M when it first came out?

Everything seems to be rising due to the influx of gp in the game from PvP/Bounty Hunter. It's possible it will crash soon or it may just continue to rise until Jagex nerfs the drop rate in PvP.

Well didn't it use to be 5M when it first came out?

Everything seems to be rising due to the influx of gp in the game from PvP/Bounty Hunter. It's possible it will crash soon or it may just continue to rise until Jagex nerfs the drop rate in PvP.

No.. when it came out, the prices were crazy.. like 50M if I remember correctly.. I bought my first whip for 15M.. I think it may have taken a whole year to get to 5-6M.

Inflation is normal in any economy, including the RS economy.. but it's clear that inflation is not the recent cause in the rise of whips. It was the PvP/BH updates that did it, which was expected.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

^ That much! :o Wow then getting it now is almost like a bargain.

I don't think jagex will nerf the whip drop rate although they might nerf pvp or the demand changed on the whip and it falls although with the current economy i don't see that happening.

I meant the drop rate of PvP. *Changes previous post to make clearer*

The only way the Whip demand would change is if Jagex brought out some new higher level weapons that are better than it. As Death said it seems unlikely that this will happen anytime soon.

That's normal for any item in the RS economy.

When it's introduced, the supply is low, and the demand is very high, making for an inflated price.

I don't know how new godswords are as I just got back into the game over a month ago, but I'm sure that their price will drop drastically in the long term.. same with dclaws.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

That's normal for any item in the RS economy.

When it's introduced, the supply is low, and the demand is very high, making for an inflated price.

I don't know how new godswords are as I just got back into the game over a month ago, but I'm sure that their price will drop drastically in the long term.. same with dclaws.

Nope, godswords have been here for almost 2 years now. D claws about half a year. They've both pretty much stabilized.

77yLQy8.png

I got my whip a little over 3 years ago, it was 4,2m then. I've had it ever since.

Point I'm making: who cares about the price, just get one and keep it. :thumbsup:

Wtf though at my dragon full helm.. It's gone up to 17,3m after falling for a while, being semi-stable. :|

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]