Hypothetical situation

Sledge

Runescape 3 is introduce. Its not java and the graphics are ways better. The pkers like the combat system and any problems people have with rs2 is fixed. The only way you can play it is if all of your accounts get whiped of stats and items and have to start from scratch. That means no rune smithers and no rares. Would you?

Would be an easy choice for newer players but what about the old schoolers?

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

To the extent that f2p powergamers exist, I don't think they'd mind much.

P2p powergamers would sue.

Things are sick and twisted from too much sun and Nazis.

Sex, meth, and death fetishes, both of them have got these.

Guarenteed not to bore ya, Germany or Florida!

I would insist on trying it out first. Part of the appeal of RS (2) for me is that it's so simple. My buddy has been trying to get me to play Guild Wars, Galaxies, games like that, but I really don't want to play anything that complicated. I'm probably in the minority on that, I guess.

lpinkus

I'd go for that. Rs3 is going to be out in 2008. Trust me on this, and it will be a game like Guild Wars. You are required to purchase the game from the store. Keep in mind it's just a theory. I wouldn't mind everything started from 0. It'd be nice, everything would be crisp. No being the lower man, but equal. Of course as well all know Zezima will commit suicide now that Rs reset.

I'd go for that. Rs3 is going to be out in 2008. Trust me on this, and it will be a game like Guild Wars. You are required to purchase the game from the store. Keep in mind it's just a theory. I wouldn't mind everything started from 0. It'd be nice, everything would be crisp. No being the lower man, but equal. Of course as well all know Zezima will commit suicide now that Rs reset.

And how do you know that it will be out in 2008?

Well firstly I doubt they'll release another version of RS as it's been made so that they limit the capabilities of Java with the current version. Secondly the transfer of stats from RS1 to RS2 wasn't thought possible at first but they managed to get around it so i'm sure they would find a way IF they did make a new version.

I personally wouldn't bother changing to a new version of RS as RS is not about the graphics, in-fact for me no game interests me because of the graphics. Graphics for a game is like a books' front cover, until you've played the game properly, ignoring the graphics you'll get to know whether the game is truely good or not.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Well firstly I doubt they'll release another version of RS as it's been made so that they limit the capabilities of Java with the current version. Secondly the transfer of stats from RS1 to RS2 wasn't thought possible at first but they managed to get around it so i'm sure they would find a way IF they did make a new version.

I personally wouldn't bother changing to a new version of RS as RS is not about the graphics, in-fact for me no game interests me because of the graphics. Graphics for a game is like a books' front cover, until you've played the game properly, ignoring the graphics you'll get to know whether the game is truely good or not.

Agreed. A game may have seemingly beautiful graphics, but you'll still find a lot better at the museum or in nature :) But the actual "game" part of the game (skills, strategies, etc.) is where its creator's creativity is most evident.

lpinkus

Sorry, but the many payments of $5.00 and the thousands of hours I've spent working on getting the skills, items, and achievements would not be wasted just to add pretty graphics and a combat system (That the pkers like? That seems just a bit one sided...) that would not appease to me, as I am entirely against pking. It isn't worth it, and frankly, the game is quite fine, if not excellent the way it is.

I am honestly tired of everyone complaining about the graphics of Runescape. First off, the graphics are great. This is a JAVA game, and I've seen many many other games that have way worse graphics. And Second of all, graphics should not matter to a true gamer. What should matter is gameplay and plot lines, and, of course, the overall excitement rating. I think Runescape includes all of this, which is worth tons more than pretty graphics, any day.

So no...no way. To even suggest it is beyond mad. Too many people have spent too much devotion and time building their characters, and I am almost 99% sure they wouldn't appreciate it being taken away because of people who insist on fixing things that are just simply not broken.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

yeah, i dont think id mind. most of the time i get bored of having the stats of more than a days play and i start again and create a new character. and playing rs isnt as boring for that short amount of time between creating the new character and then abandoning it less than 3hours later.

im not sure how "old school" i am as far as rs goes (if i ever was old school to begin with). i remember when the chat applet had an auto-correcting feature ("ill" got changed automaticly to "I'll", you couldnt say "im feeling ill") and one of my characters was taken out in the big 2000+ players ban in rsc (although that didnt happen too long ago).

the amount of time alot of people spend raising their characters stats does give alot of importance to this question. and i think the game has evolved over time as the people that play it seem to have devolved in a sence (beggars, scammers, autoers, all this honour crap in a computer game of all places!) so that could be another factor of importance aswell.

but whether that im getting bored of rs completly or whether i know how getting all your items and stats whiped (excl. qp :twisted: good ol' plate pures) is the main reason as to why id play a newer version of rs i dont even know that answer to :? .

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

I am honestly tired of everyone complaining about the graphics of Runescape. First off, the graphics are great. This is a JAVA game, and I've seen many many other games that have way worse graphics. And Second of all, graphics should not matter to a true gamer. What should matter is gameplay and plot lines, and, of course, the overall excitement rating. I think Runescape includes all of this, which is worth tons more than pretty graphics, any day.

I've always felt this way, but I don't know much about graphics so I never said it. I'm glad Out did :) It seems to me that JAGeX has achieved way more in RS than most JAVA games. Take a look at the RS trees, ground, house interiors, etc. It's really detailed, even if you play on "low detail." Think about when you see a dagger or a cake on the ground (not in your inventory). You can tell it's a dagger/cake, even if you never player RS before! The same could be said for most items.

lpinkus

Sorry, but the many payments of $5.00 and the thousands of hours I've spent working on getting the skills, items, and achievements would not be wasted just to add pretty graphics and a combat system (That the pkers like? That seems just a bit one sided...) that would not appease to me, as I am entirely against pking. It isn't worth it, and frankly, the game is quite fine, if not excellent the way it is.

So no...no way. To even suggest it is beyond mad. Too many people have spent too much devotion and time building their characters, and I am almost 99% sure they wouldn't appreciate it being taken away because of people who insist on fixing things that are just simply not broken.

Well that just summed up but I'v been thinking about this entire post.. :o

(You allways post hugs reply's, Outsanity :) :lol:)

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

Oops I forgot about this topic :lol:

Myself personally I wouldnt have switched over if the circumstances were like those. Interesting to see how many would switch over though I dont know how much time you've put into your characters. And yeah I forgot about the wasted money issue. That would suck :cry:

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist