"Rushing" in Soul Wars

sellingwillows

I've been playing Soul Wars for about 3 months now and have constantly noticed one thing which really annoys me: when people do a "rush" which usually ends unsuccessfully. From my experiences rushes are simply an over-romanticized and ineffective tactic. Rushes can hurt your team in three ways: 1.) you waste precious time telling people to fall in instead of just continuously attacking, 2.) when you rush you are moving a large part of your team to a single part of the map instead of having a balanced attack across the map, and 3.) when you rush a certain spot, say the opponent's graveyard, there is a high chance of your "rushers" dying quick simply because you are going to be greatly outnumbered when you reach the spot. When all your rushers die a large part of your surviving team has to wait together to respawn which allows time for your opponent to advance further with their troops. One of the reasons I've noticed people do rushes is because of the thrill and comradery they feel when they fall in and attack at once. I certainly felt the same emotions too when I first rushed a lot when I was new at Soul Wars. It's always fun watching my team have unity and spirit when they charge and yell "attack!" and "gf red (or blue)" when they rush but to be honest, rushes fail most of the time. In my opinion rushes hurt your team more then they help.

However rushes sometimes are successful. I've seen very successful graveyard rushes done by like twenty level 90+s and it's always invigorating to take part in that charge with your teammates and take over the entire map. I feel successful rushes are very rare though. This is just one man's opinions of rushing. What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your feedback.

ZERG RUSH@@

WAIT WRONG GAME

Srsly tho lol.

In any video game, rushes can either be effective or not. It just depends on the player skills and the overall coordination. I was in a clan awhile back in Counter-Strike and whenever we rushed, we organized it really well, and dominated probably nine out of ten attempts. Occasionally it just comes down to luck.

If you get a team together who will listen to one or two people who can coordinate rushes, then they can probably work pretty well. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a random grouping of people in any video game who are willing to work together.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

^ Above poster. I agree. Rushes can work if you actually know how to set them up. Usually it is one guy thinking that him and 10 other people can win the game and as your stated...failocalypse.

Before anyone should rush..a team should setup rush points and strats..but obviously Runescape in my eyes requires almost no strategy for anything so that is probably why you see so many people rush randomly.

Rox_Sabre.png

env_ragnarok.png

I agree with you nerd that it is hard to organize a team for effective rushes with people you don't know, but when you can do it, you can really do some damage. I also agree that piling one player at a time is also very effective but in SW it's hard to tell people to pile a certain player since it's so chaotic. Rushing is always fun nonetheless.

If you want to win, you have to rush. The team who has the major control over the obelisk throughout the game usually 90% of the time wins. If you spread your team out evenly, but the other team rushes to the obelisk, THEY get the obelisk, hence THEY get your avatar weakened, hence THEY kill your avatar, hence (yes, you hate hence by now) you lose.

You have to use rushing tactics to successfully win a lot of games at sw, which is why there are winning clans. They know how to win. The average person on a soul wars official world sucks and doesn't really know the best way to win. (Usually.)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I've been playing Soul Wars for about 3 months now and have constantly noticed one thing which really annoys me: when people do a "rush" which usually ends unsuccessfully. From my experiences rushes are simply an over-romanticized and ineffective tactic. Rushes can hurt your team in three ways: 1.) you waste precious time telling people to fall in instead of just continuously attacking, 2.) when you rush you are moving a large part of your team to a single part of the map instead of having a balanced attack across the map, and 3.) when you rush a certain spot, say the opponent's graveyard, there is a high chance of your "rushers" dying quick simply because you are going to be greatly outnumbered when you reach the spot. When all your rushers die a large part of your surviving team has to wait together to respawn which allows time for your opponent to advance further with their troops. One of the reasons I've noticed people do rushes is because of the thrill and comradery they feel when they fall in and attack at once. I certainly felt the same emotions too when I first rushed a lot when I was new at Soul Wars. It's always fun watching my team have unity and spirit when they charge and yell "attack!" and "gf red (or blue)" when they rush but to be honest, rushes fail most of the time. In my opinion rushes hurt your team more then they help.

However rushes sometimes are successful. I've seen very successful graveyard rushes done by like twenty level 90+s and it's always invigorating to take part in that charge with your teammates and take over the entire map. I feel successful rushes are very rare though. This is just one man's opinions of rushing. What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your feedback.

I agree, They should be more effective if you work together

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

stange, then, that ive never been in a failed rush?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

"Balanced attacks"? worthless. The only way to overtake the enemy in soul wars is by a tremendous show of force all at once. Having 2 or 3 people fighting and dying in a vain attempt to capture a graveyard is worthless, it will just keep the graveyard at a standstill. I can't tell you how many games I've see where the entire tide of the battle is changed because of a successful rush. Rushing the obby might not help just because 80% of both teams are usually fighting there anyways, but rushing graveyards is different because the enemies are often unprepared and disorganized. A huge surge of force suddennly dropped onto their little graveyard is a great way to conquer whatever land they own. Small individual attacks don't gain any ground. THEY are the ones that are wasting time and attack force that could be more useful on the obelisk or avatars.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I bet a clan of 70's would beat a bunch of 80-90's if they used tactics like rushes properly and played the game how it should be played.

The only way you can win in soul wars is to have more people at one place than the opposite team, theres no way that can be done with evenly spread fighting.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying