Imageshack hacked...?

tintin113

I went onto a forum I visit quite often today, and some of the pictures on there had been replaced with this:

EDIT: The image is fixed now, but I'm still getting popups...

This was done externally, I know the mods of the forums well - the only people who could have changed it - and they say something's going wrong with invisionfree (the site hosting the forum). Ever since going on the forum and seeing this change however, my computer has been spammed with popups, and while they're all annoying, some of them are highly inappropriate considering that I share a computer with my little sister, and I need help in getting rid of these things... should I delete all cookies or something? (I use IE8.) I need to stop these things popping up as soon as possible, please help me, and if anyone else has seen this post here.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Ah kk. I can't see that page because I have to log into the site, but cheers. How do I get rid of these popups though? #-o

tifsiggy.jpg

You can't go on Mashable? It's one of the biggest blogs in the world.

To get rid of popups, just get Firefox with Adblock Plus.

Is there any way I can get rid of them but keep on using IE8...?
That depends, are you only getting these popups while on the site?
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Hmmm no they're just coming up whenever I'm browsing the web. The weird thing is now, that I don't think they're counted as popups... :? I've downloaded Firefox and got some super-special addon that a mate recommended which is meant to stop all popups, and I know that works because it blocked the popups I used to get when I came onto tif, but these things still keep opening up, both on IE8 and Firefox, but if I leave the computer for a while, nothing happens, but when I come back and start browsing the web again they start popping up.

tifsiggy.jpg

I don't think it's imageshack, most images are fine. They've probably exploited websites vulnerability.

It was imageshack, the images are just back to normal now.

Hmmm no they're just coming up whenever I'm browsing the web. The weird thing is now, that I don't think they're counted as popups... :? I've downloaded Firefox and got some super-special addon that a mate recommended which is meant to stop all popups, and I know that works because it blocked the popups I used to get when I came onto tif, but these things still keep opening up, both on IE8 and Firefox, but if I leave the computer for a while, nothing happens, but when I come back and start browsing the web again they start popping up.

Sounds like adware to me, you should do a scan.

Urgh this is really annoying me now -.- I've run a scan which found some adware apparently, so it got rid of it and apparently now my computer's clean... but I'm still getting popups all the time. :wall:

tifsiggy.jpg

Then no wonder you still have some adware on your machine.

Get ad-aware or spybot Search & Destroy and do a scan. Remove what it finds.

Then, replace AVG with Avira antivir and do a scan.