I need some help..

blindblade

Depressed about what? There must be a reason.

Find out what that reason is and do something about it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hmm. I don't know much about this really, but if you're depressed and you don't know why, you should talk to people about it and probably see a doctor/psychiatrist. You might be clinically depressed (i.e. medical condition), which can happen for no apparent reason, but like I said I don't know much about it.

Whatever is the case, talking to family and friends etc would probably really help. And don't let it get to you; you will get over it.

You're 15, so you should be at school. Go talk to the peer resource or a nurse at school. I'm sure there are health programs at your school, just go check them out.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Patient confidentiality means that the doctor cannot tell your parents you are seeing him.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Patient confidentiality means that the doctor cannot tell your parents you are seeing him.

But going to the doctor costs money, even if you do have insurance so his parents will have to be involved in some way. Even if they just take him and then he talks to the doctor by himself, his parents will want to know why he wanted to see a doctor and if he refuses to tell them it will just make them nosey and suspicious.

Anyway, depression usually comes and goes. It doesn't always have to be tied to an external cause. However, if there isn't an external cause(by external cause, I mean something that has happened to make you feel depressed, such as parents getting divorced, girlfriend/boyfriend leaving you, a physical injury that keeps you from doing things you like, etc, etc.) and the depression continues for a long period of time, you definately want to see a doctor. It's not considered normal to just continually feel depressed, gloomy and bleak for no reason and if there is something that a doctor can do to help you, why just settle for feeling like crap all the time instead of getting treatment? Keep in mind that some forms of depression are not just related to mood and are caused by an imbalance in the chemicals in your brain that causes you to feel differently than you should. That is something that you can't just fix.

Don't feel ashamed to tell your parents if you really think you need help. After all, you're telling all of us about it and we're just a bunch of dorks on the internet. If you really don't want to tell your parents you could go to another relative that you feel more comfortable talking to.

Find something you're good at and you like and make it a hobby. If you're not good at anything, find something you like and get good at it. Having something you're good at and enjoy doing makes you feel good even if it's just a little bit.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

But going to the doctor costs money, even if you do have insurance so his parents will have to be involved in some way. Even if they just take him and then he talks to the doctor by himself, his parents will want to know why he wanted to see a doctor and if he refuses to tell them it will just make them nosey and suspicious.

Anyway, depression usually comes and goes. It doesn't always have to be tied to an external cause. However, if there isn't an external cause(by external cause, I mean something that has happened to make you feel depressed, such as parents getting divorced, girlfriend/boyfriend leaving you, a physical injury that keeps you from doing things you like, etc, etc.) and the depression continues for a long period of time, you definately want to see a doctor. It's not considered normal to just continually feel depressed, gloomy and bleak for no reason and if there is something that a doctor can do to help you, why just settle for feeling like crap all the time instead of getting treatment? Keep in mind that some forms of depression are not just related to mood and are caused by an imbalance in the chemicals in your brain that causes you to feel differently than you should. That is something that you can't just fix.

Don't feel ashamed to tell your parents if you really think you need help. After all, you're telling all of us about it and we're just a bunch of dorks on the internet. If you really don't want to tell your parents you could go to another relative that you feel more comfortable talking to.

Erm I didnt read this reply totally before I replied... basically what I wrote, just on a way larger scale...

How long have you been feeling like this? Does it come and go or is it constant? Does it seem to go/not be there when you wake up? Is it more noticable in the evening? Have there been any recent changes to your life, friendships, family, school or lifestyle? Are you frequently bored and have nothing to do? 'cause all of those factors can affect your mood and cause depression to some extent.

To the first replier.. its not as easy as just knowing why

TO second person who replied, thanks, but im only 15, its a bit hard to go out to see a doctor by myself as i dont want my parents knowing about me being like this..

If your depression is due to a bad event then I'm not too sure that you are depressed myself (of course I don't know anything about but I'm going by statistics), lots of kids get that feeling that they are depressed but for most it's a thing you grow out of (especially for someone your age). I don't think you need to be medicated but just someone to talk about it. However if you have been depressed for 6 months or so then I would start to get worried and wouldn't delay seeing a doctor. You might not think there is a reason why you are depressed but it's there. It took me years after the problem to actually understand the cause of it; it is rarely as simple as people make out or that you see on the T.V.

I don't see why you have a problem telling your parents, you tell them when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re hungry or when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re excited or what work your doing at school. What is such a problem with telling them youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re feeling sad?

I don't know which country you live in but over here in Australia all you need to do is sign a form to go on government health benefits and you won't get charged and is completely anonymous. As someone above mentioned you could see a school counsellor/nurse/doctor (if you live in a country without free health) as they are just as helpful.

Also if you don't get a lot of sleep or go out of the house or eat well often then this could be a cause of your depression. Get outside for some exercise (maybe start a new hobby doing things outdoors, like swimming, bush walking or something) also sleep and eat well are probably my simplest recommendations in the general sense.

To the first replier.. its not as easy as just knowing why

TO second person who replied, thanks, but im only 15, its a bit hard to go out to see a doctor by myself as i dont want my parents knowing about me being like this..

You're depressed and don't want your parents to find out? Perhaps this answers the question as to why you are depressed in the first place.

Obviously the easiest way to sort it out would be to talk to a doctor/councillor, if not your parents.

sig2ho7.jpg

Just dedicate a day to yourself and go do something you really enjoy. Go skating, go feed the ducks or stay in with pizzas and a stack of DVDs.

A bit of gluttony now and then helps put things in perspective I feel :)

• 3 weeks later...
Just dedicate a day to yourself and go do something you really enjoy. Go skating, go feed the ducks or stay in with pizzas and a stack of DVDs.

A bit of gluttony now and then helps put things in perspective I feel :)

I though the depression had gone, and its just come back so i remembered this post and i came to have a look.

Bubsa, i like your idea and i think im going to do it. Might go out and spend a whole nice day out with my girlfriend or something, it might help. That seems these easiest option i have at the moment.

Oh, and i donthave very good communication between my parents so yeah..

Pizzas + DVD = fun time :D

Couple of mates came over last night we played on xbox for a while then watched all of series 1 family guy with a pizza intermission :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

:? For all you people saying there has to be a reason, look here and you will find out there is, but it can be medicle:http://www.sada.org.uk/

My father used to have this, and used to have to take anti deppresent pills.

This may be what you have blindblade, but i dont know, im not a doctor. Although if it does continue, you should go to a docotor anyways (Although since your only 15, i doubt they would give you anti deppresent pills, they would just suggest ways of trying not to be deppressed.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

SAD is pretty serious stuff but i think everyone gets a mild form of it at this time of year. Anti-depressants really shouldnt be an option for you. You are much too young. Its just not safe

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

:? For all you people saying there has to be a reason, look here and you will find out there is, but it can be medicle:http://www.sada.org.uk/

Even with The reason here is the weather (environment), pretty self explanatory.

If you are getting ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅdepressionÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Even with The reason here is the weather (environment), pretty self explanatory.

Yea that's really cool.

Me and my friends play on a gamecube a multi player game and it's alot of fun :D

And with alot of snacks to and alchohol :D .

Oh wait you are 15............. :( .........than without beer. :)

Oh that's great, combat depression with a depressent..

Yea that's really cool.

Me and my friends play on a gamecube a multi player game and it's alot of fun :D

And with alot of snacks to and alchohol :D .

Oh wait you are 15............. :( .........than without beer. :)

Oh that's great, combat depression with a depressent..

:lol: .......

Yea you're right..

I guess it's just me :lol:

• 2 weeks later...