Is this considered macroing?

ThatAintFalco

If it just types like a human, then there's no way that they can detect it. Anyway, pretty cool gadget.

To the person saying that alching in a safespot can get you banned easier than alching in a public place, I would say that alching in your house would be safer because in public places, a lot of idiots would report you for macroing, which automatically flags your account. However, you would be less likely to get flagged in your house, which is private. Even if you do get flagged, Jagex will [hopefully] notice your misclicks (which are inevitable) and know that you're human, not a cyborg. Since Jagex made it to where it's harder to misclick on alching (between the delays), you should still be careful, though.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Too not get caught using it you would have to set your robot up to randomly click at different speeds and to randomly misclick and randomly chat with those that say hello to you. Maybe have it message your friends once in a while with simple hey's and whats ups. Also best to have it take a break say every 2 hours give or take 20 mins here or there to act a bathroom snack break. Also program it to switch from alching to say mabye some fletching for a little while. Also make it know how to switch worlds if there are annoying people around. Best to add in some kind of feature that allows it to go find on herb/ farming runs. Also make sure it knows how to do MTK. Yup have your robot do all that it is pretty sure to be undetectable. Yup do that or ya dont cheat and just play the game yourself.....

Yes. But still epic.

Mmh, unfortunately I guess a robot outside of the computer would be considered "3rd party" as you yourself are not playing it, but I think Jagex would have a hard time detecting it, lol

I'm not saying to do it but it would be funny to watch :lol:

Not when you don't reply to someone speaking to you in-game, though.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Yes. But still epic.

Mmh, unfortunately I guess a robot outside of the computer would be considered "3rd party" as you yourself are not playing it, but I think Jagex would have a hard time detecting it, lol

Have chats off? Sometimes I do, just because I don't feel like talking.

Yes. But still epic.

Not everyone plays this game to talk. I'm sure there are players who will spend hours logged on without talking with anyone. I've done it before.

As for the robot, I'm sure Jagex hasn't put too much thought into that happening, just because it's so rare. But I also don't doubt it would be considered macroing at first thought by them.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I was thinking about this during one of my classes in college, however the robots we made were more like RC cars. I'm impressed you made one that types(and I would love to see that video, does it have fingers?)

I've often thought of keyboards that could be programmed to send the signal of the keystrokes. Seems pointless as it would be much easier just to write software that does it, but if Jagex can detect the software at some point, someone could create hardware that has built-in runescape macros.

However, don't kid yourself. Jagex doesn't catch macroers because of some detection device they have that views the background software on someones computer.(Unless the macro alters the client somehow).

My guess is they check for repetition as well as inconsitancies(ie, doing something that seems ilogical such as being stuck in a room)...

A well programmed software macro wouldn't be detectable. However, one slip up could get you caught.

w4M8t.png

'fraid so. You're still using software which is inputting signals (in a roundabout way) which you yourself didn't create originally. But, hook it up to a voice to text program and it's no longer macroing.

By the way, cool project. Does it have fingers and stuff?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Nope. I just read all of the rules. It says SOFTware for everything.

Yours is hardware.

So technically, you can use your robot to do everything for you.

but what makes the robot work? \' eek allready posted xD

well if u can program the robot to change between speeds every now and then its undetectable ::'

but where is your feeling of achievment then? \'

fatteh_pumba.png

35d6crk.jpg

Nice gadget, does it actually type on a real keyboard, or does it fake one on the usb port?

I think this kind of 'botting' would be even more detectable than a software bot, since it probably can't respond to things in the game (unless you have some screen recognition stuff), at best it would be on par with those software bots I guess. So I wouldn't be surprised if it gets you banned, since they have no way to know if you are hard- or software botting.

It's not really a humanoid robot, so I wouldn't quite call it fingers, but it's more of pins that press the keys using valves and compressed air.

However, it is quite hard to program it and it is pretty inconsistant, that's why I think it could only perform simple tasks such as alching, as it only requires a key to be continually pressed.