Is this considered macroing?

ThatAintFalco

So, here's the story. Earlier this year in my AP Robotics and Technology course, we had to design and build a robot that could perform an everyday action. My group decided to make a robot that could type on a computer by voice command.

After weeks of working on it, we could not get the voice command to accurately work, so we had to scrap that idea, and we ended up just programming what it would type, but it could type.

So my question is this: If I used this robot to do an activity in Runescape, say, alching, would it be considered macroing? All I'm doing is using a robot to press the keys/mouse for me, but they are actually being pressed. It is not a computer program, it is a robot that is physically doing the activities.

I will try to get pictures and maybe a video up later to show you, but it is too much of a hastle to get it set up this late at night..

Yes. But still epic.

Mmh, unfortunately I guess a robot outside of the computer would be considered "3rd party" as you yourself are not playing it, but I think Jagex would have a hard time detecting it, lol

Im not saying to do it but it would be funny to watch :lol:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Not if no one knows about it..

not anymore :P

and it wouldn't be considered macro but it would still be against the rules. epic win though. robots are cool. especially drinking, Mexican ones :D

get the reference and you win 100 KaneBucks

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Not if no one knows about it..

not anymore :P

and it wouldn't be considered macro but it would still be against the rules. epic win though. robots are cool. especially drinking, Mexican ones :D

get the reference and you win 100 KaneBucks

Bender from Futurama?

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

Couldn't be detected. Only problem would be to use it somewhere safe such as alching in your house. Only problem with alching in your house would be you can get a random still and then log off due to inactivity.

Wouldn't encourage it, but it would be fun to see put in action

Quagsire.png

That would be so epic. While it would be some form of rule-breaking, I can't imagine you would be caught.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

I would never suggest alching in a secretive place it's just more evidence for a ban.

Considering you are doing the clicks yourself and there will be errors when you do it I don't think it can be detected. However I don't get the point in using it since your doing the clicks anyway?

Be on the safe side and don't do it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Couldn't be detected. Only problem would be to use it somewhere safe such as alching in your house. Only problem with alching in your house would be you can get a random still and then log off due to inactivity.

Wouldn't encourage it, but it would be fun to see put in action

Hmm...could you alch in the GWD wearing a God item of each?

dawkins_pwns.png

dawkins_pwns.png

You'd be account sharing with the robot.

Player: HAL! Why is my account for sale on Ebay?

Robot: I am selling it for some extra cash.

Player: This is the final straw! I let you drink some of my car's gasoline, I was a little creeped out by you asking to date my stove, but this is one line too far. Put my password back to its previous setting.

Robot: No.

Player: Then I'm going to shut you down.

hal_9000.gif

I can't let you do that, Dave.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Nope. I just read all of the rules. It says SOFTware for everything.

Yours is hardware.

So technically, you can use your robot to do everything for you.

So to control the robot he doesn't use any software?

I'm not sure how this is against the rules but the important thing is

If your mouse keeps a continuous cycle of clicks with the same amount of milliseconds between intervals, then Jagex will not know the difference between Macroing and a Robot. You will be banned.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

It's not a loophole. It's still considered macroing. You yourself are not interfacing with the computer, which is the crux of the rule itself - so yes, it would be considered macroing.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You WILL be banned.

Their systems will pick it up; no doubt about it... the continuous clicking within regular intervals will give you away. They will assume it's a macro (which it is, hardware or software; it doesn't matter).

Plus it's afk'ing. Don't take the risk.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)