Favourite bands?

Howie101

Quit argueing with me just to sound intelligent. You know exactly what I am talking about, the stupid morons that walk around with Green Day t-shirts and listen to Sugar We're Going Down.

And way to be completely wrong on your last statement. I listen to music 90% of my life. I only complain about 85% of it.

Indeed.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit argueing with me just to sound intelligent. You know exactly what I am talking about, the stupid morons that walk around with Green Day t-shirts and listen to Sugar We're Going Down.

And way to be completely wrong on your last statement. I listen to music 90% of my life. I only complain about 85% of it.

I'll quit arguing with you when you quit complaining about what other people think is good music.

And on your last statement, 90% of your text in your posts in this thread have been complaining when less than 10% has been about the music you like.

sig2ho7.jpg

You obviously don't look at all the posts I make complimenting people. I have a passion for music...and I don't like what today's society has done to it -that being ruining it-

No music is as good as how music used to be...not even RBF...Just listen to More Than A Feeling and Come Sail Away. Then try to disagree with me, you can't.

You have your opinion and I have mine. My opinion is that most people's opinion on music sucks. I am not one of those music a1337est-poser-wannabes either, so don't make me out to be like that.

There is a difference in respecting peoples opinions and agree/arguing with them. Don't get me wrong, I respect everyone's individual opinion, but I sure don't agree with most of them. I am out spoken, and I say how/what I feel, if you have a problem with that, sorry.

-Brad

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I respect everyone's individual opinion

From what I have seen in this thread and other threads you clearly don't.

From what I have seen you clearly are a1337est-poser-wannabe, whatever that might be.

Anyway I see what I'm trying to say to you isn't getting through so I'm not going to reply to your excuses. It's spamming up this thread.

I suggest you do the same :wink:

sig2ho7.jpg

Man, I was reading through some of these lists and thought, "why do people still like Linkin Park?" Seriously, listening to 1 song is like listening to them all. Anywho, I'm currently into:

Led Zeppelin

The Who

Pink Floyd

Deep Purple

Franz Ferdinand

The Killers

The Used

My Chemical Romance

Muse

Weezer

Death Cab for Cutie

Death From Above 1979 (in sig)

Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music (bet there's no one else here)

Something Corporate

The White Stripes

U2

Answer your own question first.

That really hurt man The Killers have been my favorite band for years. I knew about them way before everyone started hearing about them, at least at my school. I'd be like, "Hey you guys heard of the Killers?" and my friends would say, "The Who?" and I'd say, "No not The Who, The Killers" Anway it went on like that for a while. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. As for the other bands I guess you could say I like them but not to the extent that I like The Killers.

On another note, bands can have similar sounding songs and still be really great. Look at AC/DC. They pretty much play the same chord progression in their songs and they are adored. Don't get me wrong though I still like them too.

Zaataar.png

Greenday phase? They've been popular since I was at school, what's that now, 4 or 5 years ago and they are still popular.

People can say that about bands that you like you know?

The little people have been liking Reel Big Fish since I was at school also! Shock shock, horror!! :shock:

nb. I'm not a particular fan of either greenday or RBF, but I think their music is just as good as each others.

You'd think people would spend more time listening/saying how good to music they like than complaining about how they don't like other types of music, wouldn't you?

Green Day were popular then, yes, but with American Idiot, they've become a fad.

Oh, by the way, some interesting trivia ... Linkin Park used to be called Hyrbid Theory. In 98 or 99, they changed their name to Linkin Park. Guess what other nu-metal band was incredibly popular at that time, but is now the laughing stock of the music industry? I shouldn't have to tell you, but it's Limp Bizkit. Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. Talk about a marketing tactic.

That really hurt man The Killers have been my favorite band for years. I knew about them way before everyone started hearing about them, at least at my school. I'd be like, "Hey you guys heard of the Killers?" and my friends would say, "The Who?" and I'd say, "No not The Who, The Killers" Anway it went on like that for a while. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. As for the other bands I guess you could say I like them but not to the extent that I like The Killers.

Don't worry I agree with you. The Killers are one of my favourite bands, since the first time I heard one of their songs. :)

sig2ho7.jpg

No music is as good as how music used to be...not even RBF...Just listen to More Than A Feeling and Come Sail Away. Then try to disagree with me, you can't.

Ehh im not to big of a fan of REO, but for sure Come Sail Away is awesome. Meh I listen to almost no modern day stuff which i half regret and half enjoy.

Ehh im not to big of a fan of REO, but for sure Come Sail Away is awesome. Meh I listen to almost no modern day stuff which i half regret and half enjoy.

REO? Boston sings More Than a Feeling...and Phil, I'm sorry that you're wrong....I have gotten many friends to read what I posted, and every single one of them thinks that it is accurate.

You getting through to me?....hmm....oh wait. no. Why should I listen to you when you argued with me in the first place? You can't think of a reason eh...yeah neither can I.

I'm not even going there on the music a1337est wannabe.....Mr. "I L1sten to teh killerz they r lyke my favorite band!!!!11oneone!!12@

By all means be the bigger man and stop responding to my comments...I'm sick of argueing with you.

Green Day is now just a fad Phil, get over it.

I don't understand why a simple discussion or arguement is considered spamming on this board. An opinion is an opinion no matter what it's about, even if it is a "bad" one, too bad expressing it is a crime.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

REO? Boston sings More Than a Feeling...and Phil, I'm sorry that you're wrong....I have gotten many friends to read what I posted, and every single one of them thinks that it is accurate.

You getting through to me?....hmm....oh wait. no. Why should I listen to you when you argued with me in the first place? You can't think of a reason eh...yeah neither can I.

I'm not even going there on the music a1337est wannabe.....Mr. "I L1sten to teh killerz they r lyke my favorite band!!!!11oneone!!12@

By all means be the bigger man and stop responding to my comments...I'm sick of argueing with you.

I don't understand why a simple discussion or arguement is considered spamming on this board. An opinion is an opinion no matter what it's about, even if it is a "bad" one, too bad expressing it is a crime.

Yes and I agree.

Atleast he doesn't have a "The killers" signature. Mr. "I L1sten to r33! 81g F1$|-| they r lyke my favorite band!!!!11oneone!!12@". we.gif

You're sickening me. Especially the "be the bigger man" line, bah, absolutely disgusting.

How can you even tell they're a fad? A fad is something that became very popular in a short time (they've been popular before their last album) and they should've been forgetten in about the same short time. And in my book, Greenday isn't forgotten. You know, you really sound interesting when you are using terms you don't even know the meaning of. yawnee.gif

Phil named it spamming because it would come down to the same thing, because he can't get trough you and he would be saying the same thing for another three pages if you continued.

Now go back to your real punk corner listening to RBF and being frustrated about todays music scene. bye.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I mostly listen to

Nigthwish

Within Temptation

Evanescence

Linking Park

Ill Nino

Korn

Seethers

12 Stones

and a lot more bands...

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

I aquired two albums of bands I heard of yesterday, of course they can't be my favorite bands already, but I think they're worth mentioning since I liked the albums. I bought one album of one band and the other two are on my wishlist. :)

Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós album titles:

Takk

( )

Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

The Explosions in the Sky album and "( )" by Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós are both on my wishlist and I will get them for sure.

21o4pav.jpg

Atleast he doesn't have a "The killers" signature. Mr. "I L1sten to r33! 81g F1$|-| they r lyke my favorite band!!!!11oneone!!12@". we.gif

You're sickening me. Especially the "be the bigger man" line, bah, absolutely disgusting.

How can you even tell they're a fad? A fad is something that became very popular in a short time (they've been popular before their last album) and they should've been forgetten in about the same short time. And in my book, Greenday isn't forgotten. You know, you really sound interesting when you are using terms you don't even know the meaning of. yawnee.gif

Phil named it spamming because it would come down to the same thing, because he can't get trough you and he would be saying the same thing for another three pages if you continued.

Now go back to your real punk corner listening to RBF and being frustrated about todays music scene. bye.gif

You are one of the biggest morons I have ever talked to, don't you ever put words in my mouth of make things up about me. You don't even know me, I hate "punks" "emos" and all other teenage stereotypes. And I don't think I'm an "independent" either so before you say it STFU>.

Greenday has become a fad whether you admit it or not. I will be the first one to tell you that Greenday used to be awesome. They suck now, get over yourself.

There is a huge difference between what I am doing and what you and Phil are doing.

I am saying my opinion about what most music has become and stating the facts.

You and Phil are argueing with my opinion. In other words you are acting like stubborn 7 year-olds.

Are you done yet?

yeah what happened to people stating their favorite and complimenting others

heres some more good ones...pretty broad range

ACDC

All American Rejects, The

American Hi-Fi

Animals, The

Audioslave

Aqualung

Beach Boys, The

Beck

Ben Kweller

Big and Rich

Brad Paisley

Breaking Benjamin

Cake

Cars, The

Danko Jones

Doors, The

Flogging Molly

Foo Fighters, The

George Strait

Head Automatica

Jack Johnson

Jet

J. Geils Band

Jimmy Eat World

Kenny Chesney

Killers, The

O.A.R.

Offspring, The

Phantom Planet

Phish

Presidents of the United States Of America, The

Queen

Radiohead

Red Hot Chili Peppers, The

Reliant K

Rilo Kiley

Snow Patrol

Steve Miller Band

Sublime

Sugar Ray

Taking Back Sunday

Tenacious D

Tom Petty, and the Heartbreakers

Tracy Byrd

Used, The

Weezer

Wesley Willis(my boy)

Yellowcard

Rock, and roll, and country, and oldies

Tut, tut, tut, Purple Crayon.

I was just copying to what you said to Phil and applied it to you. And I added that you sound interesting when you use words you don't know the meaning of. So I guess the moron part of your post applies more to yourself than it does to me. Oh, and I won't even go on about the stubborn 7 year old part of your post. You're too low for me.

Oh, just to add something.

You seem to think that they only release bad music nowadays, complaining about todays music scene, how everything is a "fad". Hopefully you do realise that not everything from the old scene is good either. They do had a lot of crap that we've got too. They did have one hit bands too etc. etc. We just don't know it because it got forgotten. There weren't only Beatles, Stones, Floyds in the 60's, it's just the best stuff from the era, so we know it. Just like people will remember a band like Coldplay or the Backstreet Boys in 30 years, but won't remember "Mcfly" or something.

Oh, btw, I find it funny how you like the old Greenday and tell how they "used to be awesome" but now they released a commercial album they suddendly are the worst band out there that don't make real music. I find it weird that somebody who is so passionate about music says this. It also sounds very "independent". And maybe you should look at your own attitude at these fora first, maybe that's the reason say things like I did. You made yourself look like one of those "punkers".

21o4pav.jpg

REO? Boston sings More Than a Feeling....

Heh, i know that too, idk why I said REO.....meh I like boston

moral of the story: dont post when your tired :?

yeah what happened to people stating their favorite and complimenting others

For once I think I agree with Howie here.

When I said I was leaving I was hoping to get this topic getting back on track.

No it's not a crime. It's spamming when continually posted on a thread desgined to show what people think their favourite bands are, yes.

If you continue to spam I will remove anything you post on this, unless you're stating a band you like.

To everyone else: If you don't like someones taste in music here then please keep those opinions to yourself.

sig2ho7.jpg

my favorites atm

Heaven Shall Burn

Aborted

Chimaira

The Amenta

As i Lay Dying

Werd.... someone with some good metal taste.

Here's my list:

Aborted

Amon Amarth

Angel Corpse

Arch Enemy

Arise

At The Gates

Behemoth

Bloodbath

Cannae

Carcass

Carnal Forge

Centinex

Ceremonial Oath (like old In Flames? try this)

Cernunnos!

Chimaira

Dark Funeral (some, not all)

Dark Tranquillity

Decapitated

Defleshed

Despised Icon

Devildriver

Devin Townsend

Dimension Zero

Divine Empire

Edge of Sanity

Epoch of Unlight

God Dethroned

Hate Eternal

Hate

Hypocrisy

Illdisposed

Immortal (At the Heart of Winter owns)

In Flames

Kataklysm

Light This City (1 of the few bands with a chick singer I like)

Malevolent Creation

MeShuggah

Mindless Self Indulgence (:D)

Misery Index

Mors Principium Est

Naglfar (only heard Pariah and it's pretty good)

Neaera

Nightrage

Old Man's Child

Origin

Punky Bruster

Reborn in Flames

Shade Empire

Skyfire

Strapping Young Lad

The Project Hate

The Amenta

The Black Dahlia Murder

The Crown

The Duskfall

Trauma

Unearth

Urkraft

Vehemence

Zyklon

Aborted-The_Archaic_Abattoir-(Promo)-2005-KzT is one of the best CDs of 2005. KzT/PMS 4 lyph.

Panix - /server -j #runescape irc.efnet.org

-

NOT EVEN DOOM MUSIC

Heres some of my favourites:

The Used

The Beatles

Sum 41

Modest Mouse

Yellowcard

Franz Ferdinand

After Forever

Nightwish

U2

My Chemical Romance

Butterfly Effect

The Gorillaz

Brand New

All worthwhile listening to :o

oooo hard choice either the Austin lounge lizards, Dr. Demento, or "Wierd" Al yankivitch (spelling?).

all three are comedy and range from country to rap to classical (My al time favorite song is "the saga begins" which is a paradoy of star wars to the tune of american pie.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42