Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

Venezuela is training a crew to man the ship we bought. We are also looking for water ice comets to harvest, so we can begin operations as soon as the ship is ready. Whoever is looking at terraforming Mars, we will be able to supply water more easily and cheaply than bringing it from Earth.

I am passing control of Venezuela to doom temporarily, as I will not be able to follow this thread for about a week.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Why is everyone so focussed on travellnig off of Earth? Shouldn't we clean this planet up before moving onto the next?

Anyway, research is being performed on electronics and making them more effective/powerful/efficient. Transformers will be a thing of the past! High Voltage for all!

Diplomats have been moved into the Congo to see if they'd like to re-join the civilized half of Africa.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

A icbm traveling at mach 6 would still take roughly 1 and a half hours to reach australia, from russia. More than enough time to lock onto the missile, and destroy it by some means.

On that topic, the South American National Missile Shield is now fully modernized with our new targetting systems. We also have a few mobile systems, mounted off of large boats that can serve as a movable missile shield, though they cover much less space then a full ground based system.

had australia even mentioned having a missle defence system previously? because i never remember seeing them say it.

either way, there is NO way for them to win this war...

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Why is everyone so focussed on travellnig off of Earth? Shouldn't we clean this planet up before moving onto the next?

Anyway, research is being performed on electronics and making them more effective/powerful/efficient. Transformers will be a thing of the past! High Voltage for all!

Diplomats have been moved into the Congo to see if they'd like to re-join the civilized half of Africa.

I was doing it because I had already cleaned up my country(s), and Norway was all ready set pretty much. So we joined together and made a space program, which escalated into inter-stellar travel. Then everyone else decided to join in after we announced it.

had australia even mentioned having a missle defence system previously? because i never remember seeing them say it.

There's no real way for you to beat them either.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

North America and China still need to be cleaned up and re-civilised. I don't think that we should focus so much on extraterrestrial colonisation yet.

We also need large spaceships (Battlestar Gallactica anyone?) to transport mass amounts of people to save money. It's better than having several ships shuttling back and forth between two planets and getting settlers/refugees.

Also, Doom, I'd be honoured if we collaborated together on research into space travel and colonisation.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I was doing it because I had already cleaned up my country(s), and Norway was all ready set pretty much. So we joined together and made a space program, which escalated into inter-stellar travel. Then everyone else decided to join in after we announced it.

There's no real way for you to beat them either.

right now, all that matters is pushing them out of germany/killing all those that attacked, which i must say, is going quite well. i am yet to sustain heavy losses and my exosuit and brain chip implant soldiers are making short work of the australian troops

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

One more thing. With the inclusion of the central american countries into Brazil, our population is now

558,030,000, and our gdp is just over 10 trillion USD. Since I consider the Brazilian Empire to be one country, rather than a lot of little countries, this makes us the richest, and most populated country in the world (Since China and India are out of the game I think), and the second largest landwise, I think Russia is still bigger.

Also, for the next week, our population is a good 40 million higher with the inclusion of Venezuela.

EDIT:

@ Sere:

For now, building a massive space ship is impossible. Building a small one is already hideously expensive, though we are working on designing signifigantly larger craft. And we aren't looking for any more partners for our space project at this time, though you are welcome to order and purchase one of our ships we are selling to the public.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

russian scientists and weapons developers are now working on new types of weapons, mainly antimatter explosives and new stealth fighters.

we do not expect bombs to be ready any time soon at all, due to the difficulty of obtaining and containment of antimatter. but we ARE researching it. for the time being, russia is looking over possibilities of other types of explosives that cause mass damage.

stealth fighters ready in 5 years

submarines and warships are being deployed through out different places in the oceans, carrying troops and enough explosives to level a city (each warship/sub has that)

russia has also restarted its long-gone space program, and we expect to have the first space ready shuttle in 3 years, to take parts to make 1) a space station and 2) build a deep-space ship IN space, due to the fact that launching such a large ship capable of transporting humans deep into space would be damn near impossible to get off the ground due to gravity, so building it IN space at a space station can be launched much easier.

antimatter explosives

No.

Antimatter is atleast 75 years away. It costs more than the entire gdp of the world to create 1 gram. For a few hundred million dollars, we've only been able to create enough antimatter to power a lightbulb, and we expended about 10,000 times as much energy to create that anitmatter.

Also, antimatter weapons would not actually be very effective, since they only really would effect an equal amount of matter as there was antimatter in the bomb. And again, 1 gram is 62.5 trillion.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Alright, German news.

Serbia and Bosnia have both surrendered unconditionally to Germany, and German troops have secured the country.

The biological agent type thingy I posted about a dozen or so pages back has been finally made usable by Germany's scientists' work. Whereas before there was the chance that it would simply eat away the inside of anyone who ingested it, that possibility has been eliminated. Special forces troops are currently ingesting this agent, which eats away at the bone and muscle of the human body and replaces it with a different substance that is stronger and more flexible, allowing humans to lift and carry more weight then they could ever before without the help of exosuits.

*This agent is being kept at a extremely secure facility with no possibility of taking them. Units that are to get this are brought to the facility, and administered the agent while inside the underground facility, so as to prevent this new tech from falling into enemy hands.

Germany has acquired the blueprints and design for Russian exosuits, and have begun production on those.

A new cream-like substance is in its R&D phase, with the goal being to be able to apply it over-top of the eye to improve vision to levels humans could never achieve without it.

Germany has also started construction on a missile shield that will cover pre-war Germany (the home Germany). It should be completed to acceptable levels in 4 or 5 years.

A portion of funds has also been allocated to the research into new armed spacecraft that could serve both colonization and military purpose. 10 years should be enough to get the research down and then begin production.

1.5 million of Germany's militia/garrison troops have been moved into recently conquered territory, to counter the annoying problem of guerrilla and partisan fighters.

50,000 German regular fighters have been sent to Russia to learn extreme weather guerrilla warfare. Their training should be complete in 6 months.

Around 750,000 troops from newly taken territory have enlisted in the German army. They are currently undergoing training and when that is complete will be separated and assimilated into existing German units, making sure that there is never more than a 10:1 ratio of German to foreign troops.

[hide=updated map]a1ETe.png[/hide]

antimatter explosives

No.

Antimatter is atleast 75 years away. It costs more than the entire gdp of the world to create 1 gram. For a few hundred million dollars, we've only been able to create enough antimatter to power a lightbulb, and we expended about 10,000 times as much energy to create that anitmatter.

Also, antimatter weapons would not actually be very effective, since they only really would effect an equal amount of matter as there was antimatter in the bomb. And again, 1 gram is 62.5 trillion.

ooooooooook, because everything else here has been totally reasonable, right? ill change that when i can think of something better, ill change that. and well, you say its 75 years away, and for that to happen, people have to be researching it, right?

*sets scientists to work, comes back in 2 months* lol

[hide=updated map][imghttp][/hide]

Fixed a few parts of Brazil, this is accurate now.

[hide=Fixed]mapp.png[/hide]

And @ walka technically the koreas have been researching it since almost the start of the thread.They pretty much said they'd start research and come back when it's done. But if you want to put researchers on it for the next 75 years, that's fair enough. If this thread lasts that long, I imagine tech will be pretty advanced.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

antimatter explosives

No.

ooooooooook, because everything else here has been totally reasonable, right? ill change that when i can think of something better, ill change that. and well, you say its 75 years away, and for that to happen, people have to be researching it, right?

*sets scientists to work, comes back in 2 months* lol

It would be way too expensive Walka. Not cost effective at all.

[hide=updated map][imghttp][/hide]

Fixed a few parts of Brazil, this is accurate now.

[hide=Fixed]mapp.png[/hide]

Oh okay good, I remembered you saying something about other countries joining Brazil, I couldn't find the post though.

The biological agent type thingy I posted about a dozen or so pages back has been finally made usable by Germany's scientists' work. Whereas before there was the chance that it would simply eat away the inside of anyone who ingested it, that possibility has been eliminated. Special forces troops are currently ingesting this agent, which eats away at the bone and muscle of the human body and replaces it with a different substance that is stronger and more flexible, allowing humans to lift and carry more weight then they could ever before without the help of exosuits.

*This agent is being kept at a extremely secure facility with no possibility of taking them. Units that are to get this are brought to the facility, and administered the agent while inside the underground facility, so as to prevent this new tech from falling into enemy hands.

Erm..what?

You can dissolve the human skeleton and replace it with metal, allowing the "Human" to be superhuman?

I think thats a little too advanced...

Actually, it depends how strong/fast we're talking here.

2Xeo5.png

Erm..what?

You can dissolve the human skeleton and replace it with metal, allowing the "Human" to be superhuman?

I think thats a little too advanced...

Actually, it depends how strong/fast we're talking here.

Not metal. It's a biological species that eats away at bone and muscle and replaces it with...itself. And its no more advanced then an exo-suit that does the same thing, except this is just dealing with biology more than engineering.

I feel like this is getting more and more like the war setup in 1984 (the book). In otherwords, 3 huge empire covering most of the world, in a constant state of war (atleast supposedly). Only we're not at war.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I feel like this is getting more and more like the war setup in 1984 (the book). In otherwords, 3 huge empire covering most of the world, in a constant state of war (atleast supposedly). Only we're not at war.

That is [bleep]ing freaky. I just said this to Walka:

KT Dust says:

i think this thread will turn into 3 main superpowers

KT Dust says:

T4L, Russian Empire, and Brazilian Empire

KT Dust says:

T4R*

.???b ??? ?so1 ?sn? no? says:

yeah

And I just had 1984 wiki page and was looking at it.

Why is everyone so focussed on travellnig off of Earth?

Colonization of space is the best way to guarantee the continued existence of human life. Plus, it is colonizing space and that is just an awesome concept.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Research into anti-matter has been abandoned as it's too costly to produce just for research. Yes, I suppose that it would make an amazing weapon if you were somehow able to harvest a significant amount of anti-matter and put it into a bomb and somehow able to mass-produce it (which would bankrupt your nation thousands of times over and put you in perpetual debt). You would also have to find a way to store it as it only takes a little anti-matter to come in contact with matter (even air has matter unless you used a vacuum) for it to destroy the container and then make a chain-effect as other anti-particles come in contact with the air and destroy the entire region that they're stored in (unless you stored enough of them together in one area, then it would destroy a bit more than your country).

Anti-matter can be harvested and theoretically used for many things, but let's just leave it to sci-fi for now.

SWAG

Research into anti-matter has been abandoned as it's too costly to produce just for research. Yes, I suppose that it would make an amazing weapon if you were somehow able to harvest a significant amount of anti-matter and put it into a bomb and somehow able to mass-produce it (which would bankrupt your nation thousands of times over and put you in perpetual debt). You would also have to find a way to store it as it only takes a little anti-matter to come in contact with matter (even air has matter unless you used a vacuum) for it to destroy the container and then make a chain-effect as other anti-particles come in contact with the air and destroy the entire region that they're stored in (unless you stored enough of them together in one area, then it would destroy a bit more than your country).

Anti-matter can be harvested and theoretically used for many things, but let's just leave it to sci-fi for now.

Actually, antimatter is not as destructive as you might think. Matter is to antimatter as a base is to an acid. If antimatter was mas produced, it would be incredible for small arm weapons, as no armor could stop their bullets, but the antimatter would only destroy as much matter as there was antimatter.

Oh, and I think antimatter bombs are illegal, now that I think about the rules. There are no nuclear weapons, and antimatter based bombs would essentially be a form of nuclear fusion bombs. But antimatter is still useful for other things, should someone want to continue research.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

hence why they are still researching, and didnt expect it to be done any time soon. hell, they may find a shortcut, or a way to quickly produce a small amount of antimatter, and that system is then planted into a missile so that it can produce a little bit of it, and blow up. who knows where it will go, but its worth looking into (i think)

also, doom, what i had heard was that when antimatter hits matter, it annhilates with a large amount of energy released, so yes very little matter is destroyed, but the energy released from it happening could cause alot of damage.

It's essentially nuclear fission. So yeah. I guess I kind of wrote it off as a bit weaker than it actually is in that last post without think about the possible damage caused by the energy release. But then again that would only be if the energy was channeled into something destructive.

Oh, and that's creep about the 1984 thing a few posts back.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

:evil:

Someone has deleted a post I recently made.

Walka, I can easily disable your entire army, using electro electricity, which I plan on doing. Plus your missiles are easily destroyed using a magnet.

I have ordered a withdrawal. My troops have recently seemed to have disappeared, where to I shall not divulge. Casualties have been low, yet higher then I expected. Our biggest priority right now is those submarines.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

:evil:

Someone has deleted a post I recently made.

Walka, I can easily disable your entire army, using electro electricity, which I plan on doing. Plus your missiles are easily destroyed using a magnet.

I have ordered a withdrawal. My troops have recently seemed to have disappeared, where to I shall not divulge. Casualties have been low, yet higher then I expected. Our biggest priority right now is those submarines.

using what now? you seem to be under the impression that you can make up random [cabbage] and claim it as technology out of nowhere and then use it. thats not how this works. and no, you CANT disable my entire army, and to think you can is foolish. and im sick of hearing about those [bleep]ing magnets already, i get the point, ok? and casualties would not have been low, due to the fact that you deployed them into germany, where there would have been a large number of troops anyway, which would have slaughtered them as soon as they left the drop pods, let alone be evac'd out of the area. in a time like this, it would have been foolish for dusty (t4r) to leave his cities unguarded, which indeed, didnt happen. there were still a large number of troops in his cities to prevent that sort of thing happening

your attack was doomed from the word go, and you as good as declared war on 2/3 of the super powers. you realise that, right?

Just a little suggestion, the whole conquest thing is likely to destroy the thread (game) if you just leave the entire globe in the hands of 2-3 superpowers. What keeps the game going are the ideas that people come up with and how they interact with others (nations).

SWAG