Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

I suggest you research your country. Find out what resources it has, its population, and so on. Also, your gdp is about 10-15 times higher than what it is in real life, probably.

To find out how much you can spend for research or military, take your gdp,

Take 5% of that, and that's roughly it.

And I'll trade cameroon for sri lanka and the islands. You can keep gabon. Would the populations be swapped, and we just pretend that you had cameroon all along?

Hm. I don't think you can trade other people's countries Doom. I gave half of Cameroon to Luxembourg, and the other half is mine.

To Rocco: I will trade Nigeria for the Sri Lankan isles.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

I suggest you research your country. Find out what resources it has, its population, and so on. Also, your gdp is about 10-15 times higher than what it is in real life, probably.

And I'll trade cameroon for sri lanka and the islands. You can keep gabon. Would the populations be swapped, and we just pretend that you had cameroon all along?

Hm. I don't think you can trade other people's countries Doom. I gave half of Cameroon to Luxembourg, and the other half is mine.

Whoops, I forgot that you ended up with Cameroon. Ignore that post then, heh.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Whoops, I forgot that you ended up with Cameroon. Ignore that post then, heh.

You're a sneaky one, you.

*bolded.

Awesome!

When did that happen exactly? I can't remember you ever giving me land, although I'd gladly accept :)

Estimated 1 year until completion of TerrAvenger. Fun times a head \'

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

We have begun construction of a 500-foot wall that will separate Canada's land borders. The gates on the wall will open like the Black Gate from LOTR. :thumbup: The project will take place over a 10-year time span.

No idea on the total cost, though. Any estimates would be appreciated. I also want to mount turrets along the wall and make a walkway on top of the wall.

Again, if someone could tell me the total costs, that would be appreciated. Also, tell me what materials the wall would most likely be made of.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

*bolded.

Awesome!

When did that happen exactly? I can't remember you ever giving me land, although I'd gladly accept :)

Pg.212

Alright, a lot of changes to Germania:

Germania is now Europa

Europa is now a democracy

Europian citizens have voted to cede a portion of African territory to Luxembourg as reprimands for our aggression in the early days

Europa has toned down its military from 25 million to 18 million.

Border security still moving along nicely

Europa has a new flag.

We have begun construction of a 500-foot wall that will separate Canada's land borders. The gates on the wall will open like the Black Gate from LOTR. :thumbup: The project will take place over a 10-year time span.

No idea on the total cost, though. Any estimates would be appreciated. I also want to mount turrets along the wall and make a walkway on top of the wall.

Again, if someone could tell me the total costs, that would be appreciated. Also, tell me what materials the wall would most likely be made of.

Billions upon billions.

A giant gate isn't feasible, though. My walls have tunnels for cars to pass the border (as every country needs imports). The tunnels can be sealed by blast doors (open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!), and if the section of the wall falls into enemy hands, there are explosives that collapse the tunnel.

Basically, the walls in concrete, iron/steel, and rock. 500 feet, so that no heavy military equipment (tanks, artillery, etc) can be moved across the border.

*bolded.

Awesome!

Pg.212

Alright, a lot of changes to Germania:

Germania is now Europa

Europa is now a democracy

Europian citizens have voted to cede a portion of African territory to Luxembourg as reprimands for our aggression in the early days

Europa has toned down its military from 25 million to 18 million.

Border security still moving along nicely

Europa has a new flag.

Billions upon billions.

A giant gate isn't feasible, though. My walls have tunnels for cars to pass the border (as every country needs imports). The tunnels can be sealed by blast doors (open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!), and if the section of the wall falls into enemy hands, there are explosives that collapse the tunnel.

Basically, the walls in concrete, iron/steel, and rock. 500 feet, so that no heavy military equipment (tanks, artillery, etc) can be moved across the border.

Oh! Cool! Thank you, I must have skimmed over that post. I feel like I didn't properly thank you for it :oops:.

I'll check to make sure there weren't any hidden bombs of course, becuase...well...yeah. But it looks like i won't be secretly revealing any troops in Berlin anytime soon ;). I thank you.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Oh! Cool! Thank you, I must have skimmed over that post. I feel like I didn't properly thank you for it :oops:.

I'll check to make sure there weren't any hidden bombs of course, becuase...well...yeah. But it looks like i won't be secretly revealing any troops in Berlin anytime soon ;). I thank you.

Eh it's alright, I figured you missed it. And damn, forgot to plant bombs there, hm. I do like my bombs.

Billions upon billions.

As long as it isn't in the trillions, I should be able to do it over a 10 year time span. Do you think 700 billion is a good estimate for the cost?

SWAG

Billions upon billions.

As long as it isn't in the trillions, I should be able to do it over a 10 year time span. Do you think 700 billion is a good estimate for the cost?

Sounds about right. It took me around 15 years to complete my project, though I have more funds and manpower available.

Billions upon billions.

Sounds about right. It took me around 15 years to complete my project, though I have more funds and manpower available.

Didn't you also have more land to build around, though? It may or may not completely surround Canada. (Though if it did, I would build the wall along the coastal areas X miles inland.)

SWAG

Billions upon billions.

Didn't you also have more land to build around, though? It may or may not completely surround Canada. (Though if it did, I would build the wall along the coastal areas X miles inland.)

Yes. That's what I meant. I took only a slight bit longer despite having more land because I had more funds and manpower available.

I just did the math. For a 100 foot high, 20 foot thick wall, it would cost 7.2 trillion for materials alone, and it would take about 10 years or more for all the materials to be mined, if all the materials mined on the entire planet were being sent to the wall.

Then processing the materials, and transporting them would cost another 12 trillion, or more.

The I can't even estimate the costs for actually building the wall itself.

EDIT: Dusty's wall would be about 2.5 times longer. I don't remember how big he said it was going to be, but jesus christ.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It's completely feasible if you have dwarves working on it, and are building it out of mithril and steel. And if you have cave trolls operate the gate.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I just did the math. For a 100 foot high, 20 foot thick wall, it would cost 7.2 trillion for materials alone, and it would take about 10 years or more for all the materials to be mined, if all the materials mined on the entire planet were being sent to the wall.

Then processing the materials, and transporting them would cost another 12 trillion, or more.

Yes, I bet it would cost 900 trillion to build the wall, huh?

Anyway, it would only be built along my southern border, Quebec, and Alaska, so I'm not sure if you were estimating if I was going to completely enclose Canada or not.

Also, are you disputing Europa's construction of their wall, too?

SWAG

EDIT: Dusty's wall would be about 2.5 times longer. I don't remember how big he said it was going to be, but jesus christ.

Why must you always be a party pooper, Doom?

Walls made using rocks (from quarries) and concrete. If need be I'll just go to war with someone and capture some slaves to make it, that should cut down on costs. Brb gonna roll a dice to decide who meets my army.

Besides, if the Egyptians could built a pyramid 500 feet high nearly 4000 years ago, I think I can build a wall.

I actually forgot to include alaska's border in that calculation.

The only reasonable material to use for a wall like that is iron.

Here's my math. I might have messed up. I probably did.

3750 mile long wall.

20 deep*100 tall=2000 cubic feet per horizontal foot.

Weight of iron per cubic foot: 450 lbs

2000*450= 900,000 pounds per horizontal foot. -> 450 tons per horizontal foot of wall.

3750 mile long wall.

3750*5280 feet=19800000 horizontal feet to cover

19800000*450=8910000000 tons needed

8.91 billion tons

Total iron produced yearly: about 1.2 billion tons.

Cost of iron: The most consistent price I found was 100$ per ton, ish . I might be wrong. But that's 8.9 trillion dollars for the raw iron alone.

I haven't a clue about how much it costs to transport that much Iron, but since the biggest production of iron is in asia, europe, and australia, I think, I imagine it would cost alot.

And again, I can't even guess at the costs to refine the ore, and then actually build the wall.

So I guess I am disputing any super-walls.

Dusty, the world only makes a few million tons of cement each year.

In order to get enough rock for your wall, you would have to dig a tunnel slightly larger than your wall, through the entire earth. As in from one side to the other. That's how much material would be needed.

EDIT: They built a few pyramids with millions of slaves. Not a wall 8500 miles long.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Slave labour = chance of poorer construction

The best way to do it would be to provide thousands of jobs to your unemployed and/or hire foreign workers to do the job. I still don't see how it would cost 10s of trillions of dollars, though. :|

I'd elect hiring workers from Africa, they're still technically a little less advanced than Europe and pretty much everyone else. They should be willing to do cheap labour.

SWAG

Assuming you had anywhere near the right amount of materials.

Plus a giant wall would murder trade.

What I did was just provide good cover and concealment along the border, in the form of bunkers. With some AA turrets and the like.

Here's an idea though for something.

Deep mining. I don't know how it would work, but into the mantle, or whatever. Not sure if it's practically impossible, I assume it is, but you never know.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Fine, [bleep] the African wall. I'm building one in Europe though. All around my European territory. And I will dig a giant hole in African to get all the rock.

Btw, I wasn't building it in iron.

200806171112.jpg

That graph is in gigatons. Aka, 1 billion tons.

Fine, [bleep] the African wall. I'm building one in Europe though. All around my European territory. And I will dig a giant hole in African to get all the rock.

jpg

Whoops. The chart I looked at for production ( I just checked back at it) was made kinda crappily. They used dots instead of commas to break up the numbers (1.000 instead of 1,000) which made me misread the graph.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

jpg

Whoops. The chart I looked at for production ( I just checked back at it) was made kinda crappily. They used dots instead of commas to break up the numbers (1.000 instead of 1,000) which made me misread the graph.

Freaked me out for a second. I thought we might have went through a cement drought while I wasn't looking.

jpg

Freaked me out for a second. I thought we might have went through a cement drought while I wasn't looking.

It really didn't make sense to me that the world produced 1.2 billion tons of iron but only like 2 million tons of cement. Friggin wikipedia graphmakers. heh.

I'll quickly do the math for a cement wall.

2,970,000,000 tons. For a price of 92 dollars ish per ton. So basically, 2.5-8 trillion for materials alone. I'm too lazy to do more.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

If the wall is out of the question, what would be the best defences along my Canadian borders?

Anyway, this stump to my wall project might actually push me toward constructing a Britannian Space Programme. :?

SWAG