Repairing Converse Soles?

Hawks

I have an awesome pair of purple high top Chucks that have been through a lot, though I've only had them for about 4 months. The rubber sidewall on one of the shoes is cracking where it bends in the toe. I can't think of a way to fix them though. Do they make some sort of flexible rubber repair kit? I've been told rubber cement is water-soluble, so I don't think it would work.

[hide=Massive pic, crack is near the toe]fcnyo7.jpg[/hide]

It's gotten bigger since this pic was taken.

I can't see the crack, but Crazy Glue holds anything together... Mighty Putty, alternatively.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Do you skate, stevepole? If you do, then it's another story.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You must be riding them out pretty hard. My converses last me about 7 months, and I thrash them. Don't bother taking them to a repair shop, not worth it. Just keep wearing them though, because converses have to have that old school, grunged up style.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Shoe goo.

:thumbup:

But on the topic of your health.

Don't wear Converse All-Stars. Composed of

40% Crap

20% Rubber

10% Canvas

And for good measure

30% Crap.

Gotta' trust me on this. They suck.

Shoe Goo is the best idea. I've repaired my flat sole Macbeths with it multiple times and they're pretty similar to the way Converse are made.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."