Terminal Stupidity?

Jehosaphat

So I was PKing one day (I learned that I fail at it by the way) using range-mage hybriding on my main. It was actually working somewhat well, aside from having to run for my life every time I saw a ranger coming....

There were these two people - one had asked me to team, the other I had been attempting to kill for a while now (she ran a lot). I declined the team offer, so they both sit next to me in the safespot next to Wildy ditch and proceed to call me "mage noob" and the like for about 5 minutes before they realized I was holding a crossbow. They then proceeded to stick with just "noob" for a while. After about 5 more minutes of listening to this crap, I decided it just wasn't worth my time and teleported away.

Afterwards, the person I had been trying to kill finds me, follows me around for a bit, calls me "noob" for a while, and then asks if I want to be her BF. (I just laughed at this point.)

Are people seriously this stupid that they waste their time calling a hybrid a noob for 10 minutes? Or was this all some joke with PKers that I had just missed the memo about? I seriously cannot wait for the day they say this stuff to a guy in full Ahrim's with 99 mage. And yes, they would probably be stupid enough to.

Feel free to dissect my post and reply as you will, but beware - I will dissect your posts in return.

a70c7.png

Are people seriously this stupid that they waste their time calling a hybrid a noob for 10 minutes?

Yes.

emot-frogc00l.gif

Ofc they are. You thought they weren't?

Now that I look back on it, I was expecting slightly more. Now, I remember - they're PKers! Of COURSE they're going to act like 6-year-olds, because most of them probably ARE! #-o

a70c7.png

Apparently most on RuneScape are stupid, idiotic people, nerds, no-lifers, people who fling insults every third word...

Wait - what am I talking about - it's the internet... :roll:

LOLZ U FAIL NERD GET OUTTA YOUR MOMS BASEMENT

^ That's what you'll get from about 90% of the RS population if you kill them, try to kill them, get killed by them, escape being killed by them, step within 3 feet of "their" tree, fire, rock, hellhound, whatever.

I guess this rant is about that most people are SOMEWHAT intelligent (they've survived up to this point, right?) and yet they're stupid enough to not show it.

a70c7.png

play like the more mature people on this game... boss hunt and skill lol

I do skill. As for boss hunting, I don't get accepted into any teams because I'm too low str and/or range level. And I definitely can't solo any of the big bosses.

And from what I've heard, skillers and boss hunters are usually idiots as much as PKers. PKers just have more of a reputation.

a70c7.png

Apparently most on RuneScape are stupid, idiotic people, nerds, no-lifers, people who fling insults every third word...

^ That's what you'll get from about 90% of the RS population if you kill them, try to kill them, get killed by them, escape being killed by them, step within 3 feet of "their" tree, fire, rock, hellhound, whatever.

I guess this rant is about that most people are SOMEWHAT intelligent (they've survived up to this point, right?) and yet they're stupid enough to not show it.

Contradiction much? ::'

Contradiction much? ::'

Sort of. But if you think about it, not really. (Look, another contradiction! :lol: )

They have some level of intelligence - they have to have in order to figure out how to type and/or get on a PvP world - but yet they're stupid enough to call someone "noob" every 3 seconds, even if they know it does nobody any good, and then one of them even has the stupidity/nerve to ask to be my girlfriend.

I guess it's because they think that since it's anonymous, there's no consequence. And, sadly enough, to them, there really is no consequence other than having someone angry at them and having wasted their time. What they don't realize is that time is one of the most precious resources of all...

This is a perfect example of people doing stupid things because they think that the action outweighs the consequence, when the consequence outweighs the action, thus showing that they are still somewhat idiotic...

So I guess the point is: You don't have to be smart to show some decency, manners, etc., and you don't have to be "developmentally delayed" to be a jerk, moron, etc. Intelligence has very little, if any, link to how it is used.

a70c7.png

There needs to be a new stickied thread in the rants forum.

:Sticky: People are stupid/dumb/noob thread. Post here!

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Apparently people don't have the cognitive capability to understand what "Player behavior rants" mean... :roll:

Oh yeah, I forgot, the rants forum would be very empty soon...and that thread would need a 50-page monster... :lol:

Apparently people don't have the cognitive capability to understand what "Player behavior rants" mean... :roll:

Oh yeah, I forgot, the rants forum would be very empty soon...and that thread would need a 50-page monster... :lol:

That and, with so many posts, there probably wouldn't be any room for relative discussion on that topic, just 50 rants/sec of people whining about people.

a70c7.png

It's called being bored and wanting attention.

Me or the Knights Who Spam "Noob"?

And yes, that was a very obvious Monty Python reference.

You go pk'ing enough, it gets boring waiting around. I see a lot of people start fights just like that purposely. Not because they're stupid, but because often it's entertaining getting in dumb arguments over just waiting around.

P.S.: Ni.

You go pk'ing enough, it gets boring waiting around. I see a lot of people start fights just like that purposely. Not because they're stupid, but because often it's entertaining getting in dumb arguments over just waiting around.

True, but they were standing in a safezone next to me, so it was just a waste of time.

And from the looks of it, neither of them were very accomplished PKers.

P.S.: AGGGH! MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE!

a70c7.png

That and, with so many posts, there probably wouldn't be any room for relative discussion on that topic, just 50 rants/sec of people whining about people.

What discussion? :?

We're obviously dealing with a failure to communicate here. There are three levels of people in Runescape: Trolls, normals and idiots. The troll's, obviously, are people like me, who tromp around lighting discussion on fire with long-winded comments that people read in their entirety, only to be let down in light that it either A) Makes no sense, B) Completely contradicts all reason and logic, or C) Aims to criticize, patronize, and anger. You have the normals, people who simply play Runescape to enjoy it. They can be friendly, unfriendly, indifferent.. they could even be a troll or an idiot in disguise. Unlike the trolls and idiots, though, they tend to keep to themselves, and generally keep a neutral stance. Then you have the idiots: Brain capacity is at the bare minimum. It's easy to tell them apart from the crowd, almost too easy, in that they combine their relatively low intelligence with many qualities listed under the "troll". This makes for a melting pot of failure, and stupidity unprecedented by any means. Characteristic of the idiots, are obvious spelling and grammar mistakes with no actual indication that this person may be able to decipher what he/she did wrong. Additionally, the idiots are prone to fire angry threats, and tend to make comments which are completely unnecessary!

That being said, in the immortal words of the internet's: Burn it with fire.

True, but they were standing in a safezone next to me, so it was just a waste of time.

And from the looks of it, neither of them were very accomplished PKers.

P.S.: AGGGH! MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE!

He's right, really. Google "Barrens Chat" and you'll find the same phenomenon.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

What discussion? :?

You and Ratchet yelling at each other. :lol:

But seriously, I've learned a bit from reading these forums, and it would be hard to reply to someone's specific rant if all the "oh noes people are bad" rants were all in one topic.

a70c7.png

We're obviously dealing with a failure to communicate here. There are three levels of people in Runescape: Trolls, normals and idiots. The troll's, obviously, are people like me, who tromp around lighting discussion on fire with long-winded comments that people read in their entirety, only to be let down in light that it either A) Makes no sense, B) Completely contradicts all reason and logic, or C) Aims to criticize, patronize, and anger. You have the normals, people who simply play Runescape to enjoy it. They can be friendly, unfriendly, indifferent.. they could even be a troll or an idiot in disguise. Unlike the trolls and idiots, though, they tend to keep to themselves, and generally keep a neutral stance. Then you have the idiots: Brain capacity is at the bare minimum. It's easy to tell them apart from the crowd, almost too easy, in that they combine their relatively low intelligence with many qualities listed under the "troll". This makes for a melting pot of failure, and stupidity unprecedented by any means. Characteristic of the idiots, are obvious spelling and grammar mistakes with no actual indication that this person may be able to decipher what he/she did wrong. Additionally, the idiots are prone to fire angry threats, and tend to make comments which are completely unnecessary!

That being said, in the immortal words of the internet's: Burn it with fire.

Oh, how much fun it would be if they made Firemaking a part of PvP... :twisted: BURN U NOOBZ BURN!

a70c7.png